Exhausts

Search this Thread

Old 10-04-2006, 04:40 AM
ktn
Default Exhausts

It seems as though most people have experience with either the full Muzzy or the full Big Gun Evo-x systems. Is there a consensus as to which is the louder of the two. Do the inserts ( quiet cores) actually work and if so, does performance suffer when they are installed?

Old 10-04-2006, 05:09 AM
Default RE: Exhausts

Oh no you didn't.

Seriously, though, I think that the consensus is that the Big Gun is little louder, but that is about where the agreement ends. Actually, now that I think of it, I think I have seen at least one person that dissented even on this point and said that the Muzzy seemed a little louder. Most folks, though, would say Big Gun.

You already know that this is a divisive issue here, so please don't try to learn which pipe is "better". My recommendation is to buy one and love it.

I have a Muzzy and absolutely love it, but I have never heard a Big Gun. I didn't buy my Muzzy for the sound, so I don't much care. I am sure they are both incredible improvements over the stock "sewing machine" sound.

As for the quiet core, I think it says directly on the Muzzy site that a small performance hit should be expected with the use of the quiet core. I think the core makes a difference. This is very subjective, but I think it "mellows" the tone some.

That's about all I can say from personal experience.

Either way it will be $400 well spent.

Old 10-04-2006, 05:10 AM
1st Gear Member

ROFLMAO Yeah there's a consensus.... those with Muzzys swear they are best, Big Gun owners say the same thing. Personally I think Staintune make the nicest system but over $600 OTD for a dirt bike pipe which I WILL dent and scratch doesn't make sense to me....but it sure looked sweet. As far as your question, both quiet cores have to meet 96 or 94 db reqs. ....... according to forums the Big Gun may be a little louder.

Performance is always impacted with inserts a little. Both systems have their respective advantages..... do a forum search and take your pick.

Old 10-04-2006, 07:35 AM
Your Humble Moderator/Admin
1st Gear Member

Well all I know is my Muzzy is getting louder, and I love it. The packing must need help.

Old 10-04-2006, 10:34 AM
1st Gear Member

mmmmm Big Gun v Muzzy v Staintune?

I have never seen a subject fire people up so much.

I find it a little amusing and I am yet to buy anything!

My brother owes me a truck load of money. $A13,000, and "her in doors" (that's the wife) would not be too happy if I spent more money on bikes before he pays me back.

The trouble is he is so unreliable and I'm so impatient.

mmmmm I need another scam!!

Old 10-04-2006, 12:50 PM
Da dirty moderator
1st Gear Member

has anyone even herd the two pipes side by side in person? i dont think so, might be wrong... im thinking they are probably about the same db level.

Old 10-04-2006, 02:56 PM
1st Gear Member

Good point!
And further, has anyone run both pipes on the same bike and subsequently picked one?

That should put the fox in the chicken pen.

Old 10-04-2006, 03:27 PM
1st Gear Member

ORIGINAL: neilaction

Good point!
And further, has anyone run both pipes on the same bike and subsequently picked one?

That should put the fox in the chicken pen.
No need to test the other brand when you already own the best........ (did I say that?)

Old 10-04-2006, 05:41 PM
1st Gear Member

Don't rule out the HMF! It's the best bang for the buck especially when the stock head pipe is perfect.
That should get everyone going.

Old 10-04-2006, 06:08 PM

ORIGINAL: DJFields

Don't rule out the HMF! It's the best bang for the buck especially when the stock head pipe is perfect.

That should get everyone going.

I like your thinking! [8D]

Quick Reply: Exhausts