Exhaust & Skid Never Before Seen On KF!

Search this Thread

Old 06-29-2007, 12:55 AM
1st Gear Member
Default Exhaust & Skid Never Before Seen On KF!

Pro Circuit 496

Works Connection Skid

Both just flew on the bike, fit great. Both very well made (but not Sato or Beet level).

Old 06-29-2007, 12:59 AM
1st Gear Member
Default RE: Exhaust & Skid Never Before Seen On KF!

Old 06-29-2007, 01:04 AM
1st Gear Member

Sweet, that pipe looks better than I thought it would...........now how does it sound?

I vote we need a smiley for "THIS THREAD IS WORTHLESS WITHOUT AUDIO"

Old 06-29-2007, 01:08 AM
1st Gear Member

Two quick questions,how does the pipe sound for street use? and where did you find it? I have been looking for a really quiet pipe for the tough maine laws on the street but one that will give the bike a little boost. I wish there was a shop local that would do all the mods so all I have to do is write them a check and ride away with more pep. After reading the horror stories on here about the hack shops and backyard mechanics they hireit's kinda scary leaving a bike not knowing if it's going to be right when their done.

Old 06-29-2007, 01:15 AM
1st Gear Member

i like the pipe but the skid plate doesnt look like it gives good coverage to the front portion of the frame or ur water pump/lines. their a vid/sound clip of the bike running in the works?

Old 06-29-2007, 02:44 AM
1st Gear Member

I dont have the technology for a video but might check out someone who does over the weekend.

I got the pipe because Rocky Mountain was closing them out, had one left, & I had a $20 off code for any exhaust. Cost $300 with all discounts & free shipping.

I gave my initial impressions of the sound in another thread but I was able to ride to work tofay & hear it at the RPM levels I am used too. I would say it is probably a little louder than the 300R exhaust overall. Hard for my helmeted ear to know for sure--they are close but this is probably a smige louder. Still what I consider acceptable & certainly quiter than some pipes out there. I had a XR650L with a FMF Mega Max. With no end cap that pipe was too loud, with the endcap & discs it was about right. I also had a 300EX with a Supertrapp IDS II quiet core. This is comparable to both of those. It also has a spark arrestor. I did my due diligence trying to get something halfway quiet & with a SA. Some thing about Kawasaki & Pro Circui to me, like Suzuki & Yoshimura, potatoes & gravy, or peas & carrots.

I knew going in the skid would have less coverage than the Utah. It is thinner aluminum also. It will do what I wanted which is help me teeter over logs a little better.

Old 06-29-2007, 04:38 AM
1st Gear Member

I got a pro circuit last year, i will see if i remember how to post a video.
http://s139.photobucket.com/albums/q...ristmas009.flv

Old 06-29-2007, 05:21 AM
1st Gear Member

Hey red, what tires did you have then?

Old 06-29-2007, 05:21 AM
1st Gear Member

Sounds nice! Isthat Stave lake by any chance?

Old 06-29-2007, 07:26 AM
1st Gear Member

Nice looking pipe and skid plate. I've always liked the looks of the Pro Curcuit as well as similar designes here in Japan, but they are too loud for the neighborhood I live in. Your repacks should be relatively simple compared to other designes of glass pack like silencers.That's definitely a plus, in my book.

Congrat's on the mods. Sharp looking bike!

Quick Reply: Exhaust & Skid Never Before Seen On KF!