Exhaust question. (not the usual one)

Search this Thread

Old 04-04-2008, 05:13 AM
Your Humble Moderator/Admin
1st Gear Member
Default RE: Exhaust question. (not the usual one)

Why do we still have this debate after 2 years? I mean we all know that the Muzzy is the best pipe....right?[8D][8D][8D] Just trying to keep it loose here. Hey batter batter, hey batter batter batter hey batter batter.....SWING!!! Night guys, its all good. Sweet dreams.

Old 04-04-2008, 04:24 PM
1st Gear Member

I've actually found the arguments/debates helpful when choosing the best product for my purposes. I think people will always argue about exhasts the same way people argue 2 stroke vs. 4 stroke. It can never end because of the abstract nature of the topic. There's really no right answer, only a 'best' answer foreach individual rider according to their uses for the bike.

I've decided to go the slip-on route. My bike will see mostly street miles.My goal isto get rid of the stock sound and let the bike breath better. The KLX isn't my main off road bike so going 'nutso' on a full system would be a waste of money.

Mike

Old 04-04-2008, 07:05 PM
Banned
1st Gear Member

good point.

Old 04-05-2008, 01:26 AM
1st Gear Member

+1

ORIGINAL: KDXmike

I've actually found the arguments/debates helpful when choosing the best product for my purposes. I think people will always argue about exhasts the same way people argue 2 stroke vs. 4 stroke. It can never end because of the abstract nature of the topic. There's really no right answer, only a 'best' answer for each individual rider according to their uses for the bike.

I've decided to go the slip-on route. My bike will see mostly street miles. My goal is to get rid of the stock sound and let the bike breath better. The KLX isn't my main off road bike so going 'nutso' on a full system would be a waste of money.

Mike

Old 04-05-2008, 07:37 AM
Banned
1st Gear Member

Life is to short for arguing. Get back to basics. An internal combustion engine is nothing more than an air pump, more air in more air out, bigger in means you need bigger out, add fuel spark camlobe lift and timing you get variations, arguments can go on from here, Enjoy what you got experiment and share your knowledge good or bad.

Old 04-05-2008, 02:51 PM
Your Humble Moderator/Admin
1st Gear Member

ORIGINAL: oldphart

Life is to short for arguing. Get back to basics. An internal combustion engine is nothing more than an air pump, more air in more air out, bigger in means you need bigger out, add fuel spark camlobe lift and timing you get variations, arguments can go on from here, Enjoy what you got experiment and share your knowledge good or bad.
Oldphart, you are wise beyond your years......wait I mean you are wise because of your years, not that you're old or anything.Well put man, its all good, if we are going to argue about something why not make it a "whose got the best place to ride" thread. And of course I do, and we can go from there.[8D] Peace.