Exhaust question. (not the usual one)

Search this Thread

Old 02-03-2007, 04:39 AM
1st Gear Member
Default RE: Exhaust question. (not the usual one)

ORIGINAL: Iowaguy
LOL, I think my post speaks for itself.
Yes, It clearly says that you are an idiot.

Old 02-03-2007, 04:55 AM
1st Gear Member
1st Gear Member

+1

Old 02-03-2007, 05:00 AM
1st Gear Member

ORIGINAL: neilaction
Why oh why does it always end up in a "my pipes better then yours" shouting match?
I deliberately avoided asking which system,
Just wanted to know the effect on low end torque when adding a bigger diameter header.
Oh well. It's like running with scissors. It's seems like fun until some one loses an eye.
And another thing. I don't have a drinking problem.
I drink, get drunk and fall over.
It's no problem.
ROFLMAO....... A man I can respect and ride with, besides a pipe is just that a tube to let air out in a controlled fashion.

Briandon't get hooked on an obvious trolling spread, Iowa is just phishing, even though it is damn annoying. I almost did not post on his 300 kit thread but what the hell, a lurker may learn sumthin, besides he doesn't know what he's talking about..... he doesn't even knowhow to puta bike to tdc......hint....hint. lmao.

Just imagine our Iowa boy posting over on the adv site ........Please Iowa post over there with your ludicrous knowledge and opinions.

BTWyour posts (iowa) do speak for themselves you are a self contradicting clown, Brian just proved it.
Why does this forum have no mods?

Old 02-03-2007, 06:12 AM
1st Gear Member

This is like watching that scene in Scary Movie Two..

Ok, my turn... Whaaatttsssssssssuuuuuuupppppppppppppppppppppppppp ppppppp

Oh, and MY dog is better then your dog!!!

OK, now can we PLEASE get back to facts and objective observable results???

For the record... IMHO, having read ALL (that would be every single one) of the posts on this site,Nobrakes has a credibility rating of 15 on a scale of one to 10.

Nuff said...

Whhhhhhhhhhassssssssssssssssssssssssssssuuuuuuuuuu uuuuuppppppppppppppppppp

Old 02-03-2007, 06:18 AM
1st Gear Member

ORIGINAL: DirtSurfer

This is like watching that scene in Scary Movie Two..

Ok, my turn... Whaaatttsssssssssuuuuuuupppppppppppppppppppppppppp ppppppp

Oh, and MY dog is better then your dog!!!

OK, now can we PLEASE get back to facts and objective observable results???

For the record... IMHO, having read ALL (that would be every single one) of the posts on this site,Nobrakes has a credibility rating of 15 on a scale of one to 10.

Nuff said...

Whhhhhhhhhhassssssssssssssssssssssssssssuuuuuuuuuu uuuuuppppppppppppppppppp
+1.. Whasssssssssaaaaaaaaaabi! I had a whole bunch of Japanese guys and girls yelling that at a Harley rally. Wish I had a video camera with me, so I could send it to Budweiser.

Old 04-03-2008, 06:43 AM
Banned
1st Gear Member

ORIGINAL: tremor38

Good choice, Neal.
As the displacement increases, the head-pipe becomes more of a factor. It is pretty much right-sized for 250cc but once you start bumping up the cc's the best coice is to go with a full system. That's one thing that's good about the Staintune system, because you can buy the slip-on, then pickup the the large bore head-pipelater-on when you slap-on the 300-330cc jug and piston. The increased displacement will offset any potential loss inlow-end torque anyhow.

I just went witha full system from the git-go because I knewI would eventually begoing with a large bore kit.Besides,I don't seem to notice any loss of torque...maybebecauseof the awesome response of the pumper carbI think that other people who have full exhausts on the 250 will tell you that the loss of low-end torque is barely noticable...if at all.

ORIGINAL: neilaction

mmmm OK

I think I'm going for the full system.
I have read that opening up the exhaust is great for power at high revs. But at what cost?

I'm reasonably sure that is the case with carbs.
Go too big and it's great at high revs, maximum air flow, but you lose low end grunt.

From what I can gather from this forum, the klx250 is so strangled that a full system is the way to go. (You lose nothing at any point in the rev range)
And given that I have the 300 kit it's a no brainer. Full syetem is all good.

Does anyone have an alternate view?

here's an old thread resurrected since there are so many new owners here trying to decide on a pipe. if you're not doing a 300 upgrade NOW then I guess a slip-on would help. Heck, I may even do this to save some dough and get rid of the moped sound. But next year I would like to do a big bore and then if I do a slip-on which I can't believe I just said I would just sell it and get the BigGun as planned. But having a 300 header really opens up doors as to what slip-on you can use.

Old 04-04-2008, 01:47 AM
1st Gear Member

Phishin for an arguement as usual

Old 04-04-2008, 02:48 AM
1st Gear Member

ummmmmmmmm,I meant exhaust debate.My bad

Old 04-04-2008, 03:15 AM
Banned
1st Gear Member

ORIGINAL: hokie01

Phishin for an arguement as usual
no, but looks like you're holding a flamethrower with no gas. I don't have any to offer sorry to say. how can you debate something when there wasn't an argument made to begin with?

Old 04-04-2008, 03:28 AM
1st Gear Member

I remember somewhere that someone dissected the stock exhaust (with pics) and they did NOT find a caty converter. Anyone else do a dissection to verify? The stock muff. is still a butt plug....

Quick Reply: Exhaust question. (not the usual one)