Exhaust Heat Shield Mod

Search this Thread

Old 01-02-2007, 08:54 PM
1st Gear Member
1st Gear Member
Default RE: Exhaust Heat Shield Mod

[8D]Guilty as charged... just ruffling a few feathers... That header doesn't look painted to me though... Dirtsurfer sounds a little too wise for that.

Old 01-02-2007, 09:38 PM
1st Gear Member

Nope, that is the header pipe as is. No painting on it. I bought it off someone within this forum a couple of months back. They had it on their KLX300 for a few hours before the engine blew.

Judging from the amount of packing blackened, I'd say that was about right...

Dont know howthe headergot that one skid mark on it, kinda looks like someone melted a sneaker on it by accident (another reason the heat sheld is a good idea)

I'm guessing I could clean it, but I haven't graduated yet from Deej's cleaning school, so I'm still pretty lame at acheiving the overall shiny effect.... guesss I've been around dirt bikes too long...[8D][8D]

Old 01-02-2007, 11:49 PM
1st Gear Member

Here is the stock heat shield on the muzzy head pipe. I only used two clamps and a center spacer. Then used acorn style nuts.

[IMG]local://upfiles/2770/AA95481D474242B1BD886E2AEA5B8807.jpg[/IMG]

Old 01-03-2007, 12:29 AM
1st Gear Member

Iowaguy,

Do you happen to have a pic of your header pip that you can post?? Perhaps the one I bought was before they made the coating your talking about.

Thanks.

Old 01-03-2007, 12:33 AM
Your Humble Moderator/Admin
1st Gear Member

ORIGINAL: jsac

deej, u have a link handy for that shield?[8D]
just strapped my big gun on this weekend, that sounds kinky right? anyways... sounds badass but i need a heatshield for it
Well I picked mine up at the bike shop, and it was actually in the road bike accessories, but I still like it. This link looks like the same one I got. Read the specs, it fits 1-3/4 to 2 inch pipes.

http://www.jcwhitney.com/webapp/wcs/...atalogId=10111

Old 01-03-2007, 12:43 AM
Your Humble Moderator/Admin
1st Gear Member

ORIGINAL: Iowaguy

If you're trying to jack me up, forget it. won't work. the horse has been beaten so hard even the hyena's would pass it up. .
That is awesome Iowaguy, I was laughing and someone walked by my office and asked what was so funny. Of course I don't think they would appreciate it. I hope I can borrow that phrase someday. Later man.

Old 01-03-2007, 04:25 AM
1st Gear Member

thanks for the info deej. i keep forgetting my cam when i go up my buddy's garage to down beers and work on it... one of these days ill remember and hook up a completed mods post with some pics and soundclips... hopin this week as the only thing i have left to do besides jetting is a chain guide adjustment as its to far to the side. yes, i replaced that too ;D

Quick Reply: Exhaust Heat Shield Mod