Exhaust and Carb questions (this is a new one, I swear it!)

Search this Thread

Old 07-31-2007, 08:59 AM
1st Gear Member
Default Exhaust and Carb questions (this is a new one, I swear it!)

I've been lurking around here for quite a bit, and created an account the other day to search for threads similar to this one, yet found none.

I was wondering if an FMF Powercore4 would fit to a Four Stroke Works head pipe. Anybody know?

Just trying to save as much money as possible, not to mention, those powerbomb heads look kind of wierd :P.

I'd also like to install a Mikuni TM33 pumper onto my bike, yet i'm worried that i'll have difficult tuning it. There's a cycle shop nearby that i'm sure would be more than glad to help me out (owner is a real nice guy, and knows some of my family personally ), and it'll be a bit of time till I have the money to actually order one, but I want to know, for somebody who's never cracked a carb open to do anything other than clean it, how difficult would it be to tune a pumper?

Old 07-31-2007, 11:10 AM
1st Gear Member
Default RE: Exhaust and Carb questions (this is a new one, I swear it!)

I don't know about the Powercore 4 but someone on here had to have their Q2 modified to fit the 4strokeworks header.

Old 07-31-2007, 11:50 AM
1st Gear Member

ORIGINAL: sinkoman

I'd also like to install a Mikuni TM33 pumper onto my bike, yet i'm worried that i'll have difficult tuning it. There's a cycle shop nearby that i'm sure would be more than glad to help me out (owner is a real nice guy, and knows some of my family personally ), and it'll be a bit of time till I have the money to actually order one, but I want to know, for somebody who's never cracked a carb open to do anything other than clean it, how difficult would it be to tune a pumper?
Save yourself a lot of trouble and contact Bill Blue about the TM33. He will modify it and get it all ready to install. All you will have to do is tweak the jetting, and that is not difficult at all.

Old 07-31-2007, 03:48 PM
1st Gear Member

I'm the someone that bryantjt was referring to. I sent Jerry over at FSW my Q2 and he modified it to fit with his head pipe for free. If you give him a call I'm sure he will do the same for you. While he did do a good job I would still recommend going with fmf's head pipe. For one it was made for the bike and the slip-on,second there are some minorclearance issues with the FSW pipe which result in some footpeg vibration, and third, the FSW puts off a lot of heat. I'm not sure if this is true of other full systems, but at times the inside of my leg gets uncomfortable hot.

Just a thought...

Old 08-01-2007, 05:38 AM
1st Gear Member

KK, ty for the help

I was also wondering, how loud is this radiator fan? I've yet to hear mine kick on, but then again, i've yet to really ride the bike slower than 10mph :P

Is it possible that the fan is just too soft for me to hear in the midst of all the engine rumble?

Now that I think of it though, I was comming out of a turn, and heard a loud sound similar to rushing air, so I pulled my bike off to the side of the road to make sure I didn't bust anything. Perhaps that was the fan popping on briefly?

Old 08-02-2007, 03:26 AM
1st Gear Member

ORIGINAL: sinkoman

KK, ty for the help

I was also wondering, how loud is this radiator fan? I've yet to hear mine kick on, but then again, i've yet to really ride the bike slower than 10mph :P

Is it possible that the fan is just too soft for me to hear in the midst of all the engine rumble?

Now that I think of it though, I was comming out of a turn, and heard a loud sound similar to rushing air, so I pulled my bike off to the side of the road to make sure I didn't bust anything. Perhaps that was the fan popping on briefly?
It's very quiet. Mine has been on at least a few times. It's construction season here in Michigan which means stop and go traffic.