Excel Wheels, worth it?

Search this Thread

Old 05-14-2009, 07:24 PM
1st Gear Member
Default Excel Wheels, worth it?

Im about to say **** it all to hell and get a brand new pair of black excel rims... while they are a pretty penny at around 400 bucks a pop for front and rear, will they be worth every nickel? for instance, if i had the same wreck into a tree as i did at about only ten MPH or so, would the excel rim stand strong??? as opposed to how my factory aluminum wheel or whatever it's comprised of, buckled in like frazier's legs against ali...

will they be significantly lighter, or heavier?

any other pro's/con's abput the excel wheels? in comparison to factory and other quality aftermarket wheels?

thanks for any advice on this quagmyre that ive found myself in.

Old 05-14-2009, 07:26 PM
1st Gear Member

I like mine.

Old 05-15-2009, 12:38 AM
1st Gear Member

nice...that back tire really pumping out almost 40 horsey's? how much $$$ did u drop to get 'er like that?

Old 05-15-2009, 12:47 AM
1st Gear Member

Check out Prowheel too. A bit cheaper and about the same give or take all the tech jargan. Have't met a rim I can't bend yet!

Old 05-15-2009, 01:30 AM
1st Gear Member

DID has some rims out now 'Dirt Star' made from series seven aluminum. Excels are the benchmark.

Old 05-15-2009, 05:57 AM
1st Gear Member

I have sent my hubs away and the people at excel are working their magic as i speak.

Old 05-15-2009, 06:57 AM
1st Gear Member

sweet...so if i wreck with my excel rims and they bend or something, i can send them back for repair by excel? is this service free? i cant wait, black wheels look so damned good on KLX's

Old 05-15-2009, 11:51 AM
1st Gear Member

Originally Posted by kpwestmo
Im about to say **** it all to hell and get a brand new pair of black excel rims... while they are a pretty penny at around 400 bucks a pop for front and rear, will they be worth every nickel? for instance, if i had the same wreck into a tree as i did at about only ten MPH or so, would the excel rim stand strong??? as opposed to how my factory aluminum wheel or whatever it's comprised of, buckled in like frazier's legs against ali...

will they be significantly lighter, or heavier?

any other pro's/con's abput the excel wheels? in comparison to factory and other quality aftermarket wheels?

thanks for any advice on this quagmyre that ive found myself in.
If your old rims are in good condition, I would just get them black powder coated.

Old 05-15-2009, 03:31 PM
1st Gear Member

well, thats just hte problem..my front rim is warped ALL to shyte. wait a second, dont they have machines now that can just straighten them out? i dont know, though, its warped pretty damned bad...it wont even roll its warped so bad..you gotta drag her heavy ***. so basically you guys think that excel rims are too expensive? and i could get equal quality with a lesser priced wheel, and i could just black powder coat them and be straight? the excel has no benefits over it's competitions.

Old 05-15-2009, 04:31 PM
1st Gear Member

haha hey if you type in "excel rims for klx250s" this is like the fifth or sixth article down on the first page. I guess it really is a small world when it comes to niche in the dirtbike world....also, type in kyle patrick westmoreland charlotte, nc...which is my name and where i live and THE FIRST ARTICLE on the FIRST PAGE is my craigslist add for my moving business....if business stays the same i might be having my black excel wheels and pumper carb before too long....

Quick Reply: Excel Wheels, worth it?