Everyone in the NORTHEAST

Search this Thread

Old 02-03-2007, 02:32 AM
Default RE: Everyone in the NORTHEAST

Hey YYY Guy...

I am in Oshawa East of Toronto. I have a Pick long box. Should be able to hold 3 bikes no problems & gear. Perhaps we can meet near 401 & 16 Hwy or something, or at the border and pick up the other fellow in the US. Just a thought.

Cynall

Old 02-03-2007, 06:09 AM
1st Gear Member

Cynall, was I the fellow you were referring to, or the other guy further south? At any rate I've got some more checking around to do as I stopped at the Dodge dealership (next door to my office) and the only hitch they list is 1000lb cap. So a 500lb trailer from Home depot and 2 bikes puts it just barely over the limit, looks like 3 would be out of the question, unless I can find a class 2 (3500 lb) rated hitch for my car. LOL and that U-Haul trailer I posted, that sucker is 1300lbs empty even being an open top trailer so that one is definitely out.

Old 02-03-2007, 06:25 AM
1st Gear Member

ORIGINAL: dmar

Was hoping for something maybe near the central or eastern pa, or even nj.Six hour drive for me. I would need 3 days for that, drive up the day before, ride the next day and drive home the day after that. I wouldn't enjoy my ride if I had a six hour drive that evening after riding. Looks like alot of trails there and should be fun. But if the popular vote wants to go there, I will have to see what I can arrange. Just can't give a definate answer now.
dmar,

I was thinking about that too, but with two or more people, its only a three hour driving stint each max. I would definately want to get up there on a Thursday eve, and ride Friday, Sat and a half day Sunday before heading home to get "my moneys worth" from the drive. Lets see who else in our area is interested. I'm thinking my son may want to go, and perhaps my buddy who owns the DRZ400. But if that all doesnt pan out, I'll have room in my 4runner and I have a three-bike trailer....

Something to think about anyway.

I think thatDouble D6 andmaybe even roscoemight be interested so don't let the distance take you out quite yet.....

Old 02-04-2007, 05:42 AM
1st Gear Member

There are two 30 mile loops at bald eagle in central pa. about an hour north or harrisburg. This is a dual sport only, you must be plated. I havn't seen a map yet. http://www.pamall.net/patra/patra7.html

Old 02-04-2007, 05:48 AM
1st Gear Member

That could be an interesting place to ride.. Same rules as South Jersey fire roads.... Did I tell you how much I love having a registered, plated DIRT BIKE??????

Old 02-04-2007, 04:27 PM
1st Gear Member

My tax return was only about half of what I expected so I think I'm looking at a rental trailer and I have some more looking to do because Chrysler only offers a 1000# hitch which limits me to a lightweight trailer and 2 bikes max and even then its 100# over. If one of the Canadian guys has a way to haul the bike I could follow behind with my car and carry the gear for the 3 of us or however many can make it. Just trying to keep our options open. On a side note I already have the vacation days approved just need to give a few weeks notice.

Old 02-05-2007, 03:13 AM
Da dirty moderator
1st Gear Member

The ANF sounds best being there is places to camp/motel it.... sounds like a decent amount of riding too...

Old 02-05-2007, 05:59 AM
1st Gear Member

I'd have to agree with you EMS, the ANF sounds like a heck of a lot more riding options/terrain that would be available to us... at this point, I would vote for that, just want to keep an open mind to other possible spots as they get brought up...

Old 02-05-2007, 07:59 PM
Da dirty moderator
1st Gear Member

Who all would be down for ANF?

If this is too far, i can look some more to see if there is something in the central to eastern part of the state.

Old 02-05-2007, 08:13 PM
1st Gear Member

ORIGINAL: Cynall

Hey YYY Guy...

I am in Oshawa East of Toronto. I have a Pick long box. Should be able to hold 3 bikes no problems & gear. Perhaps we can meet near 401 & 16 Hwy or something, or at the border and pick up the other fellow in the US. Just a thought.

Cynall
Cynall - Just got caught up on this thread, and it still looks good ... have to make sure the timing works out though, but its still a possibility. As Josh points out, the transportation logistics would have to be sorted out somehow.

Eric - ANF looks pretty decent ... count me in as a definite maybe. What dates does it look like it's going to be? I'm thinkingtravel down on a Thursday night, 2.5 days of riding, then travel back Sunday afternoon. Is that reasonable, or does it sound like too much chaffing?

Quick Reply: Everyone in the NORTHEAST