Everyone in the NORTHEAST

Search this Thread

Old 02-02-2007, 01:01 AM
Admin
1st Gear Member
Default RE: Everyone in the NORTHEAST

ORIGINAL: DirtSurfer

timing wise, how does Memorial Day weekend sound??

get there thursday eve, ride friday May 25th when it opens, sat and sun, drive home monday???

Trail dates: Open from Friday before Memorial Day to the last Sunday in September.
I think that is the date of the "Tour de Tellico II", TdT-II. Not sure if the rider contingent would overlap for the two events, though. I think Eric might be interested in TdT-II since there's a lot of overlap from what I undestand with the riders from TdA-II. TdT-II will be at Tellico Plains, TN and this will be the 2nd year. Similar in concept and organization I think to the TdA-II that Eric and several other members here enjoyed earlier this month. While I couldn't make TdA-II, I've got TdT-II on my calender and already gave Mrs. Nobrakes a heads up. To which she promptly said no, but we all know that no doesn't really mean no. I'll be there!

EDIT: I just double checked - TdT-II is May 18 - 21. I think that's the weekend before Memorial Day, isn't it?

Old 02-02-2007, 01:15 AM
1st Gear Member

Memorial day weekend would not work for me, no date that includes a major holiday would be good for me. But any other day would work for me weekday or weekend. Maybe put a few places out there and take a vote? Alleghaney, tower city, pine barrons, etc. I know we are all scattered in the north east, so we all would be coming from different directions. I have never ridden at any places like this so don't have alot of input on them. I have heard of several places in central pa. Here is a link to tower city http://www.gibsons.net/index.php Here's another link that may have some info about pa trails http://www.pamall.net/patra/

Old 02-02-2007, 01:29 AM
1st Gear Member

Yeah, I was thinking perhaps memorial day weekend becuase its ususally not a travel weekend for many due to the weather just starting to turn warmer...but it sounds like that won't work (and had the potential to be crowded as well....)

I'm open to any weekend or friday sat sun combo in May or June. If im traveling any distance, I kind of like to make up forthe trip by riding for a few days....

I agree with Dmar, we have two fronts to collaborate on, location and timing... its all on the table at this point!!!

Old 02-02-2007, 01:20 PM
Da dirty moderator
1st Gear Member

What do you guys think about the ANF? Is that place gonna bea no? Too far for some?

Old 02-02-2007, 01:39 PM
1st Gear Member

ORIGINAL: EMS_0525

What do you guys think about the ANF? Is that place gonna bea no? Too far for some?
details!!

Old 02-02-2007, 01:55 PM
Da dirty moderator
1st Gear Member

http://www.fs.fed.us/r9/forests/alle...on/atv_trails/

thats the site check it out.

Old 02-02-2007, 02:08 PM
1st Gear Member

http://www.fs.fed.us/r9/forests/alle...on/atv_trails/

thats the site check it out.
doh....
lol
ANF... sounds like an event of some type... ignore me.. just got home from work
(long night)

where ya wonderin why the hell i was askin for details after i had suggested allegheny forest initially?
[sm=laughat.gif]

and that location is fine with me.... by the way.. i have a friend with a yfz 450 ATV thats definitely interested in going.. would havin an ATV with us present any problems?

edit:
if any1 is interested heres a link to the local newstation story about the possible closing of Paragon.
http://www.wnep.com/Global/story.asp?S=6025779

Old 02-02-2007, 02:26 PM
Da dirty moderator
1st Gear Member

i dont care what anyone rides... if anyone has any friends with dirtbikes/ atv's or anything... unless someone has some deep hatred towards atv's. lol.

I messaged matt2496, hes a member here, he lives on the other side of pittsburgh, and he is interested, and will be going too... yay another klxer!

Old 02-02-2007, 02:33 PM
1st Gear Member

i dont care what anyone rides... if anyone has any friends with dirtbikes/ atv's or anything... unless someone has some deep hatred towards atv's. lol.

I messaged matt2496, hes a member here, he lives on the other side of pittsburgh, and he is interested, and will be going too... yay another klxer!
naa, didnt mean problems as in dislike of atv's.. meant as in us gettin from one place to another while out on our rides... an atv probably wouldnt be welcome on the streets their... i guess he can trailer his quad to the trailheads followin us and unload it their and vice versa to wherever we're crashin tho.. just didnt wanna be a burden on the group with it.

Old 02-02-2007, 02:50 PM
Da dirty moderator
1st Gear Member

Having a truck at the trail head could be a good thing, would give us a gas can carrier, and a place for a cooler for lunch and drinks and stuff... sounds like a good idea...

Quick Reply: Everyone in the NORTHEAST