Everyone in the NORTHEAST

Search this Thread

Old 05-24-2007, 07:10 PM
Da dirty moderator
1st Gear Member
Default RE: Everyone in the NORTHEAST

Well i just called again and talked to the girl, the mechanic told her to tell me that the Valves are bent.... probably from hanging open the piston probably came up and smacked them because the were not closed all the way...... Looks like im gonna need that bike man.... i really appreciate it.... more than i could tell you. WTF how hard is it to put valves in a head correctly so they close all the way and let it run..... all the more reason i hate when people work on my stuff..... and this is why i do all my own work on my truck...... god damn it........ this really sucks.....

Old 05-24-2007, 07:39 PM
Your Humble Moderator/Admin
1st Gear Member

Sorry Eric, I feel your pain. Really I do, but it sounds like someone has got your back and you will still be able to go on the ride. That's what its all about, Kawi riders helping Kawi riders. A brotherhood for sure.

Old 05-24-2007, 08:48 PM
1st Gear Member

he put it all back together and broke it again???? that is UNFNBELIEVABLE.

Old 05-24-2007, 09:16 PM
Da dirty moderator
1st Gear Member

ok he didnt break it... the piston didnt hit the valves, they were just bent for some reason, and they sealed on the old head but the new head is new. so it wasnt conformed to the old valve that was bent....

Old 05-24-2007, 10:53 PM
Admin
1st Gear Member

Hey Eric, sounds like Nate has your back - you owe him big time! Probably could start by picking up a clutch cable for his XR250 - from the sounds of it it may not last the whole ride. It would truly be bad luck to not only have your own bike not make the trip, but then have the clutch cable go out on the backup bike. Kind've late now but if you have a shop nearby it would certainly be worth checking into.

As of now, I've got the bikes loaded and most of my crap in the truck. Just gotta pack a few more things and I'll be blowing out of here several hours before daylight. Hope to see everyone there - drive safe, traffic is going to be hell.

Old 05-25-2007, 12:55 AM
Da dirty moderator
1st Gear Member

Yea thanks alot nate.... i did call all the local shops for the clutch cable and they didnt have it, its only like 20$ I called patrick and we will see if there is something we can do for it. I cant thank you enough man for letting me use a bike. I got all my stuff packed and ill be heading out around 4 am... 6.5 hour trip, at least thats what streets and trips say... from what jimmi says its gonna be longer.... if anyone is using GPS like i am, patrick also said to avoid main road especially atlantic city express way, he said traffic is "parked people, grilling food and passing around cold ones" bad so it should be interesting..... see you guys there... finally....... gonna be one hell of a trip... jimmi and patrick got alot planned.... anyone ever been on a night run in the woods? see u there...

Old 05-25-2007, 02:56 AM
1st Gear Member

i ride in some woods everynight just about, alot of dust and probably like 49 beers into the trip haha. im not worried about the clutch i really only use it sometimes to start off and insace i have to pull an emergency stop. Got some duck tape and a t-handle or a stick lol. Found out the truck im using is a white F-150 Small Bed Flair Side and looked at the cargo area and its gointo be tight. Oh well pack a paloza when i wake up tommrow. Any last info on what kind of stuff i will need to pick up from the auto store for the smog removal?

Old 05-25-2007, 04:13 AM
1st Gear Member

Oh FYI anyone who isa smoker BUY THEM OUT OF JERSEY other wise you will be paying over or around$6 a pack. Got a carton of marlbro's in delaware for 25$

Old 05-25-2007, 05:30 AM
1st Gear Member

Make sure you guys take some pics........... a classic adv wipeout pic klx style.........would be great.

Old 05-25-2007, 09:21 AM
1st Gear Member

Whatta buncha hacks! Yeah, valves get bent all by themselves What is this, semantics? The valves didn't hit the piston, but maybe the piston hit the valves? Me thinks they had the cam timing waaaaaay off when they put it together.It appears theydidn't lap the valves before they put them in either.

These guys are scary.

ORIGINAL: EMS_0525

Well i just called again and talked to the girl, the mechanic told her to tell me that the Valves are bent.... probably from hanging open the piston probably came up and smacked them because the were not closed all the way...... Looks like im gonna need that bike man.... i really appreciate it.... more than i could tell you. WTF how hard is it to put valves in a head correctly so they close all the way and let it run..... all the more reason i hate when people work on my stuff..... and this is why i do all my own work on my truck...... god damn it........ this really sucks.....

Quick Reply: Everyone in the NORTHEAST