Everyone in the NORTHEAST

Search this Thread

Old 05-24-2007, 12:16 PM
1st Gear Member
Default RE: Everyone in the NORTHEAST

Hey EMS_0525,
If your bike isnt dont for the weekend Ill probably end up bringing down my other bike also so you wouldnt be rideless.

Old 05-24-2007, 12:24 PM
Da dirty moderator
1st Gear Member

ORIGINAL: digitaloverkill

Hey EMS_0525,
If your bike isnt dont for the weekend Ill probably end up bringing down my other bike also so you wouldnt be rideless.
Seriously? That would be great, I would be so upset if i didnt get my bike and couldnt go. If you would for sure bring it, ill come one way or the other.

Old 05-24-2007, 01:14 PM
Admin
1st Gear Member

According to the weather report, the forecast is looking good all weekend - highs in the mid-80's, lows in the low 60's, mostly sunny every day, not calling for any rain. Hopefully that holds - not that rain would stop us.

Old 05-24-2007, 02:04 PM
1st Gear Member

Yeah Ill bring my 96 HondaXR 250R, its platted but the clutch cable is a little umm frayed yeah like one stran of wire left on it and gonna have to afro engineer it to use incase of a sudden stop otherthen that i dont use a clutch other then take offs. Its whatI learned to ride on and u have more experience on theKLX so they keys are yours for the weekend. I just gotta figure out how to wratchet strap the two bikes in the back of the truck and im good to go.

P.S. The KLX is still stock other then the handle bars and brush gaurds. Got all the stuff to wake it up im bringin down with me, 300 exhaust, kdx snorkel, dyno jet kit and T-handle fuel screw And a K&N. Oh and stocker tires, But Its a set of wheels for you for the weekend.

Old 05-24-2007, 02:35 PM
Your Humble Moderator/Admin
1st Gear Member

ORIGINAL: digitaloverkill

Yeah Ill bring my 96 HondaXR 250R, its platted but the clutch cable is a little umm frayed yeah like one stran of wire left on it and gonna have to afro engineer it to use incase of a sudden stop otherthen that i dont use a clutch other then take offs. Its whatI learned to ride on and u have more experience on theKLX so they keys are yours for the weekend. I just gotta figure out how to wratchet strap the two bikes in the back of the truck and im good to go.
Believe it or not you can if you do it right get three bikes in the back of a truck,(well a real truck) and have them all tied in and not touching. Lets see if I got a couple of pics.

Yep all three fit in the back with no problem.
Name:  Picture_0427.jpg
Views: 15
Size:  105.5 KB

Name:  103_6045.jpg
Views: 12
Size:  87.8 KB

I bought a bar that mounts to the front of the bed that is awesome. It has three spots for the wheel to go in depending how many bikes you are hauling. And it also keeps the front of the bed from getting bent toward the cab. Don't remember the cost.

http://www.ccrsport.com/

Old 05-24-2007, 03:07 PM
1st Gear Member

I must say ive never seen that done before truely amzaing. Hats off on that one.

Old 05-24-2007, 03:59 PM
Da dirty moderator
1st Gear Member

piece of cake

Name:  fun119.jpg
Views: 11
Size:  59.4 KB

Well im not 100% sure one way or the other yet.... so thank you. But we will find out today if i get my bike or not..... sure as hell hope so.... god this sucks just waiting....

Old 05-24-2007, 06:33 PM
1st Gear Member

Yeah i know what you mean, id rather ride my own bike. But if something goes wrong there will be a backup bike for ya.

Old 05-24-2007, 06:39 PM
1st Gear Member

Nate i was thinking that with all the guys here that work on they're klx's we should be able to get you all set for sat. morning. don't forget you need to remove the smog stuff and block those holes. Also we'll need to enlarge the hole at the bottom of the air box and that should be it. did i forget anything?

Old 05-24-2007, 07:09 PM
1st Gear Member

Just tell me what I will need and i can make it happen... Or atleast try lol. What should I get for the smog removal, cause ill be goin to advanced auto parts later and i can pick up one of those filter things for the smog removal. And bolt sizes.

Quick Reply: Everyone in the NORTHEAST