Everyone in the NORTHEAST

Search this Thread

Old 05-23-2007, 11:20 PM
Default RE: Everyone in the NORTHEAST

I figure Ill have to drop my bike about 11 times....yeah 11 should do the trick. As far as the water crossings no one should have a problem, the deepest one is about 2.5 feet and we can always cut a trail around the side of it. DivoDave where are you from....you seem to know my back yard pretty well.
As far as riding in sand...it's easy. I am riding a STOCK KLX to prove a point. I have changed the tires to Kenda Trackmaster II's and have done nothing else. I am 170 lbs and the the bike is far undersprung for my weight and what I will do to it....but like I said im proving a point. I hit these whoops in fourth gear leaning on the throttle stop and so can you. Just wait til y'all see the "Dragon Back"! LOL!!!!!!

Old 05-24-2007, 12:40 AM
Admin
1st Gear Member

No whoops around here where I ride so that'll be new for me too. So while you may be able to hang it all out in 4th WOT over the whoops it certainly doesn't follow that I can too. You might have me confused with someone else here. I have a little image that I use to remind me that I'm not 15 any more [:@] :

Old 05-24-2007, 12:57 AM
1st Gear Member

Wow they sure are giving you the run around Eric. You may want to go down there and see what's going on. IE stand over their shoulder while they reassemble it, we've had to do that a few times at the local car mechanic's place.

Old 05-24-2007, 12:58 AM
1st Gear Member

That sure makes me wonder about the guy doing the wrenching for you. Taint that hard to get this bike together and running...if you know what you're doing.

Old 05-24-2007, 02:03 AM
1st Gear Member

Anyone going to be using a nextel phonefor this weekend? And wondering aroundwhat time everyone will be showing up at the campground and if anyone wants my phone number or two way number let me know. I should be down there around noon-2

Old 05-24-2007, 02:37 AM

Ah whoops are easy....you just lean back, pit it and ignore them. Did I mention that you pin it? Thats pretty much how you ride in sand PIN IT!!!
Make sure you guys leave early. I can't stress enough about how bad the traffic will be. Our event starts bright and early SATURDAY morning so make sure you are there. We are leaving for a long ride right after the shakedown run and I plan to be out by 9:30 10:00. If you are not there before then we will already be gone.
If anyone wants to get a hold of me directly my phone number is on the website www.dirtbiketelevision.com or you can email me at Jimmi@dirtbiketelevision.com

Old 05-24-2007, 02:40 AM
Your Humble Moderator/Admin
1st Gear Member

ORIGINAL: tremor38

That sure makes me wonder about the guy doing the wrenching for you. Taint that hard to get this bike together and running...if you know what you're doing.

Old 05-24-2007, 03:23 AM
1st Gear Member

Mono is right on the money for whoops and sand ...... just"pin it" it actually works quite well.... if ya start to loose it, just gasss it more Centrifugal force of the tire spinningwill (should) staighten ya up. But it is a learned technique andfaster is better.

ORIGINAL: Nobrakes
No whoops around here where I ride so that'll be new for me too. So while you may be able to hang it all out in 4th WOT over the whoops it certainly doesn't follow that I can too. You might have me confused with someone else here.
Brian, ya will do fine in sand, just goose it when your brain says to slow down trust me.
Fast is better in sand...........damn I wish I was going, I would Love to test ride that KTM in soft sand.

Old 05-24-2007, 11:21 AM
Da dirty moderator
1st Gear Member

Yea im kinda upset about my bike for a bunch of reasons, the mechanic that i have dealt with so far there told me that some "kid" took it all apart and the mecahic i knew got it in pieces and had to put it back together.......and this "kid" took the cam chain gears off the end of the cams..... which you dont need to do... I was standing there with him for a while, the bike was getting spark, (new spark plug) getting gas, and air, he couldnt figure it out, but he did a leak down test and figured out that one of the intake valves were hanging open and not letting it compress so he has to figure out why it was hanging open...

Yea guys jimmi likes to get up early to go ride..... he was banging on the hotel door at 7:00 am.... hopefully jimmi lets us sleep in more than that.... lol

Sand is easy, once you get used to it, its alot of fun.

Old 05-24-2007, 11:37 AM
1st Gear Member

ORIGINAL: EMS_0525

Yea guys jimmi likes to get up early to go ride..... he was banging on the hotel door at 7:00 am.... hopefully jimmi lets us sleep in more than that.... lol

Sand is easy, once you get used to it, its alot of fun.
im farked then! longtime 3rd shifter here.. he knocks befor 8 hes gonna need cold water and ice cubes to get my *** outta the sack

Quick Reply: Everyone in the NORTHEAST