Name:  hatfieldmcoy097.jpg
Views: 9
Size:  82.9 KB

Old 05-23-2007, 03:59 PM
Da dirty moderator
1st Gear Member
Default RE: Everyone in the NORTHEAST

ORIGINAL: Mono
and all you heroes come with me (heh heh heh).
I can keep up.... at least in WV i could but this is home field for ya....

Old 05-23-2007, 04:08 PM
Da dirty moderator
1st Gear Member

hey jimmi, talking about traffic, im coming from pittsburgh, whats the best way to go? All my stuff says go straight through philly...... being that your from over there, help me out a bit.... is one way better than another, should i get off before philly? or just follow it through.... i have the same program you and patrick usded it go to WV.....

Old 05-23-2007, 05:35 PM
Admin
1st Gear Member

Thanks for the heads up, Jimmi. For water, how deep is deep? I ask because the air intake on my bike is a bit lower than that of the KLX. Mine is basically at the level of the bottom of the carburetor, so I may be somewhat limited in water crossing depth. Unless I go so fast I just skim across the top.

Old 05-23-2007, 05:47 PM
1st Gear Member

Brian, unless you are driving across the Oswego Lake or into the Cranberry bogs you will be fine, most of the bigpools have dried up, for the most part.
ORIGINAL: Nobrakes

Thanks for the heads up, Jimmi. For water, how deep is deep? I ask because the air intake on my bike is a bit lower than that of the KLX. Mine is basically at the level of the bottom of the carburetor, so I may be somewhat limited in water crossing depth. Unless I go so fast I just skim across the top.

Old 05-23-2007, 05:55 PM
1st Gear Member

Well as a of right now I am currently trailerless. The hitch mount trailer I ordered from Dennis Kirk supposvily needs another kit to make it work. So I'm running around like a chicken with its head cut off. Either gonna have to find a local welder to weld the hitch mount to a beam with a couple support arms off the middle of it to hold the weight, or find a trailer or borrow one of my buddies trucks and order the proper kit next week. [:@][:@][:'(]Duh!!!! Something you really want to do bad but crap keeps popin up throughing challanges in your face. So if you see a klx coming into the camp ground with a big 150lb army bag strapped to the drive it will be me [8D]

Old 05-23-2007, 05:58 PM
Admin
1st Gear Member

Cool! I should be set then. I've never ridden sand before, though, so the first few miles are going to be interesting for me until I figure it out. I've got some bar risers due to arrive tomorrow and hopefully those will fit OK without any cabling issues and should allow a more comfortable standing position. I'm stoked!

Old 05-23-2007, 06:38 PM
1st Gear Member

wooo everything for the bike is in, klx 300 exhaust, K&N, kdx snorkel, jet kit, fuel screw, renthal bars, acerbis hand gaurds,

Old 05-23-2007, 09:15 PM
1st Gear Member

I've never been in deep deep sand but its not terrible, even with the 603 up front and c858 in the rear, kinda a stand up and hang on proposition.

Old 05-23-2007, 10:24 PM
Da dirty moderator
1st Gear Member

Well guys, i have good news and bad news..... good news: the mechanic for sure found the problem, where the cams sit in the head, it was wearing funny, so there was play in it allowing the cam to bounce up and down making the tapping noise...... BAD NEWS: he got it all back together last night and now it wont run...... yes..... wont run..... great.... so he has the rest of today, and all day tomorrow to get it running..... im so pissed right now...... if i miss this trip i will be very upset.....

Quick Reply: Everyone in the NORTHEAST