Everyone in the NORTHEAST

Search this Thread

Old 05-22-2007, 05:40 PM
1st Gear Member
Default RE: NE Ride Guides

hope to see you down there. my hitch mount trailer for the bike came yesterday but apprently your supposed to order the other kit to bolt it onto the hitch [:@]so had to express order the extra kit just to get it to work should be here by thursday hopefully otherwise ill end up pullin what hair i have left out and some unpleasnt words about it lol. 23 and got the hair line of bruce willis.

hah just thought about this but me and my buddies always joked about making a dirt bike side car so i could bring my dog on ride with me.o0 random thought

Old 05-22-2007, 10:01 PM
1st Gear Member

List of things that suck:
I just installed new renthal handle bars
clutch lever and acerbis brush gards
had to take the handles bars off and on like 4 times. i got the brake line on the wrong side of the throtle cable... thinking im gonna take the bike to the shop when it comes time to jettin the carb out.

[IMG]local://upfiles/5167/C635AEDF22054EACAEC0F236737861AE.jpg[/IMG]

Old 05-23-2007, 12:52 AM
1st Gear Member

EMS what's the word on your bike? done or not?

Old 05-23-2007, 02:16 AM
1st Gear Member

3 dozen minimum, and about 12 bucks a shirt. 2 weeks lead time
ORIGINAL: EMS_0525

ORIGINAL: Divodave

I will go to the T-shirt shop by me this evening & see if they can make them in time. A dozen large & a dozen X-large?
ORIGINAL: digitaloverkill

[align=center]NO MAMA'S BOYS
[ LOGO ]
I SURVIVED
THE NORTHEAST RIDE.
PINE BARRRENS NJ2007.[/align]

So we will have shirts with that on it and the klx logo? SWEET![8D]

[IMG]local://upfiles/5167/1BEEA2A7E7244F179488AEE14F2B87B7.jpg[/IMG]
Im an XL!! sweet.

Old 05-23-2007, 03:18 AM
Admin
1st Gear Member

Oh yeah, don't forget the three "R"s in P.B. - hopefully the T-shirt place has spell check

3 dozen minimum, and about 12 bucks a shirt. 2 weeks lead time
ORIGINAL: EMS_0525

I will go to the T-shirt shop by me this evening & see if they can make them in time. A dozen large & a dozen X-large?
ORIGINAL: digitaloverkill

[align=center]NO MAMA'S BOYS
[ LOGO ]
I SURVIVED
THE NORTHEAST RIDE.
PINE BARRRENS NJ 2007.[/align]

So we will have shirts with that on it and the klx logo? SWEET![8D]

[IMG]local://upfiles/5167/1BEEA2A7E7244F179488AEE14F2B87B7.jpg[/IMG]
Im an XL!! sweet.

Old 05-23-2007, 06:00 AM
1st Gear Member

Come on now we all know hooked on phoniks worked for me haha. Who wants to go for a ride this weekend weeeeeeee.

Old 05-23-2007, 09:14 AM
Da dirty moderator
1st Gear Member

Well its now wednesday morning..... no bike still... he said he would probably have it done end of day yesterday but obviously not done enough for me to take home.... so im really hoping that he calls me like real quick here this morning..... Got my food yesterday, started gathering my stuff.... This is gonna be great.

Old 05-23-2007, 11:06 AM
Da dirty moderator
1st Gear Member
Default RE: Everyone in the NORTHEAST

ORIGINAL: plameau

Sup guys, sorry I dont get a chance to post much. But the ride is comming up. I am out in the Pine Barrensevery few weeks or so and I'm getting pretty familliar with the area. Here is a lits of thingswe should do to prepare.

1. TIRES. if you have the stockers you will hate it. The best I have found for the money that are D.O.T. are the kenda Track Master 110/100-18 or the 120/100-18, the Dunlop 120/9018 is also a good tire.
Tire Pressure, 15 front 13-14 rear. We havetools, pumps, tubes and patches for trailside flats.
2. WATER please bring a camelbak. You can get cheap ones at wally (Backpack with bladder) for 20 bucks. Your lunch will be along for the ride in this as well in this pack.
3. WATER Please read #2 again. I cant stress this enough.
4. GAS. Bring at least 1-5 gallon jug per bike with your name on it. There is no gas station nearby.
5. CASH have a few bucks in your pocket. There is abreakfast jointwe will be going to that does not take visa. Also have some cash to give the loser that will be running to town to fill your gas can.[sm=gears.gif]
6.RADIO it will be a good idea to bring a radio, A cheap cobra or Motorolia from walmart (Please dont use VOX)you can get an earbud and push to talk mic pretty cheap. They come in 2 packs so split them with a buddy. (Learn how to use it.) It really comes in handy to know about the big root in the trail or lame ATV rednecks blasting your way.
7. GPS if you have one bring it. So if you get away from the group you can find your way back to camp. Its a big place and easy to get lost and run out of fuel. This is where #6 comes in handy.[sm=helpout.gif]
8. AIR FILTER I will be cleaning my airfilter every night. Its dirty and sandy out there plus 15+ bikes in a row can kick up alot of dust. If you use regular dino oil bring a small container to put a little gas in. If you use no-toil all you need is water.
9. GOGGLE Bring a soft rag or goggle wipes so you can clean your goggles, it can get real dusty and this comes in handy. Also if you have spare goggles or lensesthrow one in your backpack.(NO TEAROFFS we cant litter the froest[sm=smiley21.gif]) No fog and rain x is a huge help here.
10.CHAIN LUBE we will be pushing 300-400 miles so our chain will need some love[sm=love.gif]. Plus throwing the cans in the camp fire makes for great fun![sm=devilgrin.gif]
11. OIL change our oil and filter before the ride, and bring a little extra. We tend to run the motors at High rpm's out there and burn a little oil.
12.HAND GAURDS When you dump the bike(Yes you will dump it) the bar will drop 8-10" into the sand, this will curl your levers like a pretzel. It always seems to happen the first 10 min into the ride. So if you can throw on a set of wraparound hand gaurds or have spare levers.
13.SHORTS if you have padded bike shorts bring em! also the big bottle of [sm=hail.gif]goldbond[sm=hail.gif]!
14. GREEN PAINT. This is to change the color of orange,or yellow bikes to the proper color!
15. SPARK ARRESTOR. have your sparky and quiet core in![sm=badbadbad.gif]
16. INSURANCE card and emergency contact #s.[sm=outcold.gif]we all need to keep them on us and in the same place, like the tool pouch.
17. SAG set your rear sag at 110-115mm this greatly improves how the bike handles in the sand. Make sure your rebound is not to tight. you will pack up in the long whoop sections.
18. SNACKS its a good idea to have some energy bars,trail mix or jerky.

If we all do this we should have a great ride. Please spend an evening going over your bike to check for loose/missing bolts. Tighten your spokes and zip ty or tie wire them at the crossing points (If you break a spoke it can pop a tube or put an eye out!)

Just make sure we check everything so we dont have watch No-Brakes spin T handles.

Jimmi will have a little meeting on sat morning to go over things to keep your eye on. as well as some pointers for sand riding.

Feel free to add to this list.

thaught bringing this up again was a good idea.....

Old 05-23-2007, 03:32 PM

Hey guys, I'm Jimmi. Sorry its taken so long to post, but were quite busy over here.
Looks like you have the right idea going but I just want to reitterate a few things.
First of all Patrick and I will be there (Lake Absegami - Bass River state forest campground) From Friday around noon. You are traveling on Memorial Day weekend to the Jersey F*ing shore so please leave a full three to four hours earlier than you think you need to, the traffic will be stupid bad. We are going to be screwin around Friday night (afternoon) with a ride but the official event will begin Saturday morning with a safety meeting, sand riding instruction and a shakedown run to determine your abilities. Anytime the course gets tough, a bypass route is available for those unsure about their abilities but nothing is impassable, Patrick and I did it all last weekend. The things that would bypass would be deep water crossings, hard whoop sections, or tight single track. Patrick will take the novice groups through the bypass and all you heroes come with me (heh heh heh). The Jersey Pine Barrens is a unique a delicate ecosystem and we are very privileged to ride here. Anyone littering, or causing excessive damage to the forest will be immediately ejected from our group as we dont want it ruined for the rest of us. With that said this is going to be great fun, we have a lot of challenging terrain as well as a good fun ride planned I'm looking very much forward to it. We also have a special guest coming to our event and you will all be stoked to see what he brought for us to see I'm sure.
Look forward to seeing you there and travel safely!

Old 05-23-2007, 03:56 PM
Da dirty moderator
1st Gear Member

How many times you gonna drop your bike this time jimmi? lol...

Quick Reply: Everyone in the NORTHEAST