Everyone in the NORTHEAST

Search this Thread

Old 02-01-2007, 05:26 PM
1st Gear Member
Default RE: Everyone in the NORTHEAST

ORIGINAL: Cynall

I'm 2 hours north you you in Canada. This sounds likea hoot for the summer.

Cheers
Cynall
I like the idea, but its a bit of a trek for me. I'm about 1.5-2 hrs. north of Josh (bryantjt) as well.

Hey Cynall - where do you live? I'm in Ottawa. Maybe the three of us could trailer together?

Old 02-01-2007, 06:45 PM
Da dirty moderator
1st Gear Member

Its gonna take me a good 4 hours to get there from my place, and i live in PA...lol...

Old 02-01-2007, 06:58 PM
Da dirty moderator
1st Gear Member

Uh o guys.... http://www.saveparagonap.com/There is a big dispute on the property.... they want to build a big cargo airport there...

PARAGON TO BE EVICTED MONDAY! COME OUT AND SHOW YOUR SUPPORT FOR ONE LAST RIDE.
$5 for Drivers and Passengers!

Its looking like we might have to find a new place.... I joined paragon's forum and this is a response:

It looks as if Paragon as we know it will not exist in June. If you can come out to the monthly ride this weekend to show your support that would be great!

That sucks!!!!!! another piece:

The pending sale of 4,300 acres from PCA Corp. to Gladstone Partners could not be completed until Kyle Knosp, owner of Paragon Adventure Park, lost his legal claim to the property. Gladstone Partners and PCA claim Knosp should be evicted from the 2,500-acre park because he breached his lease and has been delinquent on monthly payments, allegations Knosp denies.

Lycoming County Court of Common Pleas Senior Judge Clinton Smith ruled Wednesday in favor of Gladstone Partners and PCA Corp by throwing out Knosp’s appeal.

Smith, who presided in place of Luzerne County Judge Michael Conahan due to a scheduling conflict, determined Knosp’s appeal was filed after the required 30 days.

As the hearing was taking place, Gladstone Partners and government officials were unveiling plans for a public/private partnership to develop the cargo airport.

Although Knosp is not against the airport, he is fighting to not pay almost $8,000 in damages from the case.

“We have not been officially beaten yet and they’re already announcing plans on when they’ll break ground?†Knosp asked. “I think this just goes to show how I’ve been treated.â€

The dispute goes back to March when PCA informed Knosp it was selling the land.

Under the terms of the lease, Knosp had the first crack at buying the property at the same price but declined.

In April, Knosp was given an eviction notice. Then, in June, Gladstone Partners filed a suit claiming Knosp damaged the land and failed to make lease payments.

In August, District Judge Thomas Sharkey ruled in Gladstone Partners’ favor, awarding the company more than $36,000. Knosp filed a petition for relief with Luzerne County Court, and Luzerne County Judge Hugh Mundy in October lowered the amount to less than $8,000.

Knosp appealed that ruling, which Gladstone Partners and PCA argued was past the 30-day period, and Smith ruled in their favor.

Old 02-01-2007, 08:36 PM
1st Gear Member

ORIGINAL: EMS_0525

Uh o guys.... http://www.saveparagonap.com/There is a big dispute on the property.... they want to build a big cargo airport there...

PARAGON TO BE EVICTED MONDAY! COME OUT AND SHOW YOUR SUPPORT FOR ONE LAST RIDE.
$5 for Drivers and Passengers!

Its looking like we might have to find a new place.... I joined paragon's forum and this is a response:

It looks as if Paragon as we know it will not exist in June. If you can come out to the monthly ride this weekend to show your support that would be great!

That sucks!!!!!! another piece:

The pending sale of 4,300 acres from PCA Corp. to Gladstone Partners could not be completed until Kyle Knosp, owner of Paragon Adventure Park, lost his legal claim to the property. Gladstone Partners and PCA claim Knosp should be evicted from the 2,500-acre park because he breached his lease and has been delinquent on monthly payments, allegations Knosp denies.

Lycoming County Court of Common Pleas Senior Judge Clinton Smith ruled Wednesday in favor of Gladstone Partners and PCA Corp by throwing out Knosp’s appeal.

Smith, who presided in place of Luzerne County Judge Michael Conahan due to a scheduling conflict, determined Knosp’s appeal was filed after the required 30 days.

As the hearing was taking place, Gladstone Partners and government officials were unveiling plans for a public/private partnership to develop the cargo airport.

Although Knosp is not against the airport, he is fighting to not pay almost $8,000 in damages from the case.

“We have not been officially beaten yet and they’re already announcing plans on when they’ll break ground?†Knosp asked. “I think this just goes to show how I’ve been treated.â€

The dispute goes back to March when PCA informed Knosp it was selling the land.

Under the terms of the lease, Knosp had the first crack at buying the property at the same price but declined.

In April, Knosp was given an eviction notice. Then, in June, Gladstone Partners filed a suit claiming Knosp damaged the land and failed to make lease payments.

In August, District Judge Thomas Sharkey ruled in Gladstone Partners’ favor, awarding the company more than $36,000. Knosp filed a petition for relief with Luzerne County Court, and Luzerne County Judge Hugh Mundy in October lowered the amount to less than $8,000.

Knosp appealed that ruling, which Gladstone Partners and PCA argued was past the 30-day period, and Smith ruled in their favor.

Anybody have Matt Damon's phone number?

Old 02-01-2007, 08:43 PM
1st Gear Member

Ok, so lets go back to the list of potential places now that that one doesn't seem do-able...

Old 02-01-2007, 08:47 PM
1st Gear Member

That just figures..................Always happens that way........you try to get something rolling and POW!! bad news to rain on the parade!!!!!

Well guys, there has got to be another place or perhaps change the date to May if it's still open.
I'm sure there must be tons of open areas in PA to camp and ride? NO??
As a very last resort, the Pine Barrons in S.Jersey are always an option, may proove to be too far for some, but now that the planning Gods are in motion would hate to scrap the whole idea.......

We'll come up with something..............

Dave-

Old 02-01-2007, 09:04 PM
Da dirty moderator
1st Gear Member

Im open to any dates.... and locations. Ill dig around some more and see what i can find...

Old 02-01-2007, 09:14 PM
1st Gear Member

By the way, the ONLY non-street legal site in NJ (NJORVP) is scheduled to be closed in 2008...

HENCE the reason I have this bike!!!! I'm open to anywhere that is up to 5 or 6 hrs away.. State forests are probably our best bet....

There are a bunch of trail roads and loops up in Western Delaware near the Deep Creek area. I was up there a few years ago, and for 12 bucks, got a sticker that enabled me to ride my CR125R legally there. I'm thinking there are no restrictions with the KLXs's... ALSO, there was an old stripmine 'gunkhole' I found there that was pretty awsome..

Is anyone familure with this area???

Old 02-01-2007, 10:57 PM
1st Gear Member

heres another place:
http://www.fs.fed.us/r9/forests/alle...on/atv_trails/

i mentioned earlier theirs a really nice atv park that includes an old coal mine that you can actually ride through (also in PA).. a quick google may produce results on that one... its 4pm and i just rolled out of bed, havent got my eyes open enough to look yet, lol
im still lookin to hitch a ride to wherever we go.. if any1 would like to split the cost of a trailer/gas once a new place is decided gimme a shout.

Old 02-01-2007, 11:10 PM
1st Gear Member

jsac,

Sounds like you've been there before... Can you tell us a bit more about it?? Looks interesting....

Thx.

Quick Reply: Everyone in the NORTHEAST