Everyone in the NORTHEAST

Search this Thread

Old 05-16-2007, 05:37 PM
1st Gear Member
Default RE: Everyone in the NORTHEAST

Your coming from pa more then likly you will be coming over the Commodore Berry Bridge on 322. This is how much i love my bike it still has temp tags on it probly a month old now with 1,500 miles on it im a riding machine [8D] What time will everyone be showing up at the campground friday? I'm around an hour and a half - two hours away.

Old 05-16-2007, 07:46 PM
Da dirty moderator
1st Gear Member

well im close to 6 hours away....i plan on leaving like friday morning around 4-5 am.....

Old 05-16-2007, 08:03 PM
1st Gear Member

so an unorginzed check in somtime after 12? do we have to get special permits to drive through the berrens?

Old 05-16-2007, 09:07 PM
1st Gear Member
Default RE: NE Ride Guides

Truckman, your vehicle needs to be 100% street legal, registered and insured. The postings are everywhere & the Po Po are in force, I believe even more so on the holiday weekends. The recent fire will make things even "hotter" )pun intended.)
Sorry if this dissuades you, but I have already helped pay, the local enforcements wages
We should hook up by you, sometime in the near future, Dave.

P.S. this is damn close to where we are going, read the last paragraph;
[sm=patriot.gif]

[sm=violent053.gif][sm=violent053.gif][sm=violent053.gif][sm=shootshoot.gif][sm=shootshoot.gif][sm=shootshoot.gif]

Routes 539 and 72 were closed by the fire, which started about 2:15 p.m. on the Warren Grove Gunnery Range, a 9,400-acre expanse of sand and scrub pine used for aerial bombing practice by Air National Guard units.
Lt. Col. James Garcia, a spokesman for the New Jersey Air National Guard, said it was believed a flare dropped from one its F-16s may have started the blaze, though an investigation was ongoing.
The range was the same facility from which a National Guard jet accidentally strafed an elementary school with large-caliber rounds in 2004 during a training exercise.

Old 05-17-2007, 12:32 AM
1st Gear Member

Nate will becamping on site #20 with me. my ride is about 5 1/2hrs. but i have to go thru the city so i'll be leaving around 3 am in an attempt to miss some of the morning traffic. i hear that one of those bridges can be a parking lot for hours ifyou hit it wrong. i hope to be at bass river mid morning. check in isn't until noon so if you see a white gmc sierra in the parking lot that'll be me snoozing.

Old 05-17-2007, 12:58 AM
1st Gear Member

ORIGINAL: digitaloverkill

so an unorginzed check in somtime after 12? do we have to get special permits to drive through the berrens?
Nate,you don't need a permit to ride the Barrens. However, there are areas you can not go riding in.
If Dirtsurfer is not going to be there as early as you guys, I would suggest riding over to Wharton State park, on your bikes (No parking without a permit) when you go over the bridge follow the trail for a couple hundred yards & you are "InKLX heaven" someone in your group should have a GPS though, its very easy to get lost.
Depending on work. I should be there & ready to ride by 2pm.
There is a gas station "Micks" about a 1/4 mile past Wharton State Park entrance (make a left out of the park onto the main road) He has snacks & stuff & is a friendly sort.

Old 05-17-2007, 01:20 AM
Admin
1st Gear Member

Since cwgoff can't make it, I'll have a spare spot in my lean-to #5. Cost is $90 for the weekend - we split that for $45 each. I take cash, check, Mastercard, VISA, Discover, and Paypal. Let me know if there are any takers. First one to pay locks it in.

Old 05-17-2007, 07:49 AM
1st Gear Member

anyone meeting up wouldnthappen to havean extra left hand side mirror mounting bracket they would like to sell would they? my bike fell over in loose dirt and broke where the mirror screws into the bracket.

Well Its 4am cant sleep to many energy drinks. Just got done ordering more gear for the bike wich im guessin will be the most mods done in one week. To many energy drinks and bein really amped up for this ralley coming up. Mods to be done over the next week:

renthal handle bars
acerbis brush grards
new clutch lever
case of valvoline motorcycle 10-40 ill be bringing with me incase anyone needs some.
dyno jet kit
kdx high flow snorkel
k&n air filter, yeah i know they suck on dirt bikes, but their on my xr and everything else i ownd.
fuel scew for easy adjustments as ill prob be adjustin.
kawaski valve caps from dennis kirk 53-5306
hitch mount bike trailer
klx 300 complete exhaust

Old 05-17-2007, 09:35 AM
Da dirty moderator
1st Gear Member

Its getting close..... and i dont have a bike...... grrr..... sure hope they get that puppy done in time. I would sure hate to miss this, its gonna be a blast. I got my new helmet yesterday. Im good to go except for the actual bike.....

Old 05-17-2007, 10:30 AM
1st Gear Member

I've got a 9 hr drive which isn't too bad because anyone staying in a lean-to can't check in until after 4 p.m. Checkout is at noon and aparently it takes them 4 hrs to clean the lean-tos.

Quick Reply: Everyone in the NORTHEAST