Everyone in the NORTHEAST

Search this Thread

Old 04-24-2007, 07:16 PM
1st Gear Member
Default RE: Everyone in the NORTHEAST

LOL 6a.m. 18 KLX's with open exhaust all running with the choke on...........that'd definitely get us kicked out.

Old 04-24-2007, 07:20 PM
Da dirty moderator
1st Gear Member

i have mine jetted to run without the vortex insert....

Old 04-24-2007, 07:22 PM

All right deej. Here's the long story......

I've had(and currenlty have) a bunch of bikes, but the ones I've stuck with have been my Kawasaki's. I sold my '93 KLX650C1 last summer with just over 40k miles on it. I rode DurtyDabbers 3 times on it, rode the entire blue ridge parkway 2 times, rode to the MidOhio vintage bike weekend several times, androde it all over in between. My other mainstay is my '99 Concours with just under 40k on it. I've also had that all over the east coast.

The KLX650 was becoming undependable for tough woods riding, and I found a nice used 2005 DR650 that I bought in the fall of 05 to replace it. Around the same time, I purchased a 2002 XR200R which tought me the benefit of something smaller than a 650. Not being street legal, I sold the XR200R within a year (turning a small profit of course) with my eye on a KLX250S.

I just boughta usedKLX250S, which was advertised in CycleTrader for $3900 (paid $3400). Probably not a screaming deal, but it was good enough for me. It's got 1500 miles, but looks likeit has 15 miles. I couldn't pass it up. It's got a KLX300 head pipe and muffler with a custom end cap. It sounds great. I think it has a different air box coverfrom some other Kawi, but I actually haven't looked yet, and I can't remember what the previous owner told me.It's rejettedwith a handadjustable idle mixture screw, and I am impressed at how well it runs at all speeds. When I picked it up,I decided to ride it home (150 miles). My wife followed me with car just incase. It got 70 mpg at 60 mph actual speed (indicated around 68 to 69) and 7k RPM. Figured out the odometer reads 5% high as well. (100 miles of mile markers on the interstate = 105 miles on the KLX250S). The ride home was very comfortable. Front sprocket is one tooth smaller, which worked fine. The previous owner just put new Kenda 80/20 dual sport tires on it, but I will probably take them back off for more agressive tread. The original exhaust, snorkle, sprocket, stock 300 pipe end cap, andpartially worn tires were included with the deal. I just ordered some Kenda 20/80 tires (K760 TrakMaster II's).

I'm planning on addingsome better hand guards (maybe black Acerbis Rally Pro's), maybe a skid plate (although I may be able to use the one I took of the KLX650).... A surprising amount of stuff is exactly the same as my old KLX650.

I have lots of toys(boats, atv's, street rods,rc cars, blah blah blah)as well as 2 year old daughter, so I have to pick and choose my activities. I may be able to swing a trip toNJ, but I'll have to see.

Old 04-24-2007, 07:30 PM
Da dirty moderator
1st Gear Member

if you can make it its gonna be sweet... did i mention that Dirt Bike TV is going to be there... and film it.....

Old 04-24-2007, 07:57 PM
Your Humble Moderator/Admin
1st Gear Member

ORIGINAL: RussellPA

All right deej. Here's the long story......

I've had(and currenlty have) a bunch of bikes, but the ones I've stuck with have been my Kawasaki's. I sold my '93 KLX650C1 last summer with just over 40k miles on it. I rode DurtyDabbers 3 times on it, rode the entire blue ridge parkway 2 times, rode to the MidOhio vintage bike weekend several times, androde it all over in between. My other mainstay is my '99 Concours with just under 40k on it. I've also had that all over the east coast.

The KLX650 was becoming undependable for tough woods riding, and I found a nice used 2005 DR650 that I bought in the fall of 05 to replace it. Around the same time, I purchased a 2002 XR200R which tought me the benefit of something smaller than a 650. Not being street legal, I sold the XR200R within a year (turning a small profit of course) with my eye on a KLX250S.

I just boughta usedKLX250S, which was advertised in CycleTrader for $3900 (paid $3400). Probably not a screaming deal, but it was good enough for me. It's got 1500 miles, but looks likeit has 15 miles. I couldn't pass it up. It's got a KLX300 head pipe and muffler with a custom end cap. It sounds great. I think it has a different air box coverfrom some other Kawi, but I actually haven't looked yet, and I can't remember what the previous owner told me.It's rejettedwith a handadjustable idle mixture screw, and I am impressed at how well it runs at all speeds. When I picked it up,I decided to ride it home (150 miles). My wife followed me with car just incase. It got 70 mpg at 60 mph actual speed (indicated around 68 to 69) and 7k RPM. Figured out the odometer reads 5% high as well. (100 miles of mile markers on the interstate = 105 miles on the KLX250S). The ride home was very comfortable. Front sprocket is one tooth smaller, which worked fine. The previous owner just put new Kenda 80/20 dual sport tires on it, but I will probably take them back off for more agressive tread. The original exhaust, snorkle, sprocket, stock 300 pipe end cap, andpartially worn tires were included with the deal. I just ordered some Kenda 20/80 tires (K760 TrakMaster II's).

I'm planning on addingsome better hand guards (maybe black Acerbis Rally Pro's), maybe a skid plate (although I may be able to use the one I took of the KLX650).... A surprising amount of stuff is exactly the same as my old KLX650.

I have lots of toys(boats, atv's, street rods,rc cars, blah blah blah)as well as 2 year old daughter, so I have to pick and choose my activities. I may be able to swing a trip toNJ, but I'll have to see.
Yea but do you have any motorcycle experience.[8D] Just messing, I bow to the master. Oh and you still didn't tell us your favorite color. [sm=welcomesign.gif][sm=wootwoot.gif]

Old 04-24-2007, 10:06 PM
Admin
1st Gear Member

ORIGINAL: bryantjt

LOL 6a.m. 18 KLX's with open exhaust all running with the choke on...........that'd definitely get us kicked out.

6 a.m. [sm=insomnia.gif] I hope you're kidding. I need my beauty sleep.

As far as trailing goes, I'd say just fire up the bikes and the last one to the trail head is a rotten egg.

Old 04-24-2007, 10:22 PM
Da dirty moderator
1st Gear Member

I get to ride with patrick and his crew this weekend.... its gonna be a blast!!! headed down on friday!

http://www.trailsheaven.com/about/msjamboree.aspx

Old 04-24-2007, 11:01 PM
1st Gear Member

Hello Team.I just bought my bike friday from down in dover and drove it all the way back to south jersey, in the salem county area. By monday i allready put over 500 miles on it. how do i figure out whos in my area to ride with? sombody keep me posted with group rides in my area. ready to ryde 24-7

Old 04-24-2007, 11:40 PM
Da dirty moderator
1st Gear Member

Are you going to be in for this group ride on memorial day weekend? there is going to be around 15 of us.

Old 04-25-2007, 12:14 AM
Da dirty moderator
1st Gear Member

to refresh links....
campground: http://www.state.nj.us/dep/parksandf...arks/bass.html
to sign up:http://klxriders.bravehost.com/index.html

The list:

1-Brian (nobrakes)and Chris (cwgoff) ----lean to #5
2-Eric (ems)and Dave (dirtsurfer) gdtgsurf@aol.com -----lean to #4
3- Dan martin (dmar) and Albert (???) ------lean to #1
4-Patrick (plameau) and Jimmi -------lean to #2
6-Joshua (bryantjt)andJeremy Sacco(Jsac)---lean to #3
7-Rich (richt) lean to #9?
8-Brian (truckman) leanto or tent?
9-craig(lcpl0331) Campsite #20

10- Dave (??????) dc_platt24@yahoo.com and Greg V (vpcs)---- daily drivers....

Quick Reply: Everyone in the NORTHEAST