Everyone in the NORTHEAST

Search this Thread

Old 01-31-2007, 10:13 PM
1st Gear Member
Default RE: Everyone in the NORTHEAST

ORIGINAL: mustang

You know, it's amazing what you can learn through Google! Well first, some background. I was at a Yamaha dealership in State College with my Dad when he bought his XT225. The dealer invited us to go on an organized dual sport ride that a local club was putting on. Since that's pretty much the center of PA, I thought I'd do some searching for it.

It turns out that the club is called the Durty Dabbers - a dual sport and trials motocycle club. The ride is in Mill Hall, PA, which is just outside of Lock Haven (again, north-central PA). It's this June 2nd and 3rd. From what I was told, it's a 2-day, 100 mile event with single track trails, logging roads, and some pavement. The club's website, http://www.durtydabbers.com/, doesn't list any details yet, but that to stay tuned.

Maybe this might be something to look into. I'll keep trying to get some more info.

BTW, absolutely EMS, come on up and we'll do some riding in the ANF! I haven't heard a good Pittsburgh accent since my roommate in college, who was from West Mifflin. I know all about Donnie Iris down atda Pants-N-At. (You might be too young to get that - it was a Paulsen and Kren skit on WDVE).
And lets not forget about Pittsburgh's IRON CITY BEER in their solid ALCOA aluminum 'bottles' GREAT STUFF!!!

Old 01-31-2007, 11:03 PM
Da dirty moderator
1st Gear Member

So you guys wanna head in the paragon direction or try to raid the durtydabbers meeting ??
(From thier site)
2007 Suzuki AMA National Dual-Sport...June 2,3....Details will be posted soon!

here is a link to last years pics.....
http://www.durtydabbers.com/2006dualsportpictures.htm

Old 01-31-2007, 11:20 PM
Da dirty moderator
1st Gear Member

Paragon guidelines....

1.All participants must display an orange safety flag. SUV/4x4’s must have the flag at least one foot above the highest point of the vehicle. ATV’s must have the flag at least one foot above the helmet while standing on the foot-pegs.

2.Speed limit for everyone is 15 mph in the parking areas and on all main and two-way roads. This is strictly enforced. All vehicles/machines must be in control at all times

3. ATV/Motorbike riders must wear a helmet, goggles, gloves, long sleeves, long pants & closed toed shoes.

Just a few of thier guidelines that suck....lol.... the 15mph speed limit bites... long sleeves are no big deal but sucks... and orange safety flag.... where the hell do you find one for a dirt bike...

Someone has to know a cool place where we could ride alot and not have goofy guidelines... i mean ill go there and abide by them but id rather go somewhere where i am allowed to go faster than 15 mph... know what i mean guys?

Old 01-31-2007, 11:27 PM
1st Gear Member

They give you the flag I believe and the 15mph is not on the trails just the main roads that get you to them.

Old 01-31-2007, 11:32 PM
Da dirty moderator
1st Gear Member

ORIGINAL: RU2112SH

They give you the flag I believe and the 15mph is not on the trails just the main roads that get you to them.
OK now that would make a big difference.... sounds like anawsome place now...

Who would be up for this... lets start a list, ( copy it from the previous post and add your name and location) we will see where we stand already. If you know some people with dual sports that are not klx's they would be more than welcome... just dirt bikes.... dont know, if we would be doing any on road stuff... but if we are just plannin all in a park bring ur buddies with dirt bikes.

1. Eric - Pittsburgh, PA
(next)

Old 01-31-2007, 11:35 PM
1st Gear Member

ORIGINAL: EMS_0525

ORIGINAL: RU2112SH

OK now that would make a big difference.... sounds like anawsome place now...

Who would be up for this... lets start a list, ( copy it from the previous post and add your name and location) we will see where we stand already. If you know some people with dual sports that are not klx's they would be more than welcome... just dirt bikes.... dont know, if we would be doing any on road stuff... but if we are just plannin all in a park bring ur buddies with dirt bikes.

1. Eric - Pittsburgh, PA
2. Dave- Manalapan, NJ + 2 possible Non-KLX'rs (dual Sport)

Old 01-31-2007, 11:59 PM
1st Gear Member

hazleton is about an hour +- of where im at. im definitely interested but the only way to get their is basically 81 for me... when i think about drivin this scooter down 81 with tractor trailers i get shivers... if any1 is trailering from north of me id be willin to chip in to hitch a ride.also id be interested in getting a room nearby.. not big on camping, plus i have zero in the way of camping gear so campin would be more of a hassle than its worth... id need to go out and purchase tent and gear... lemme know if any1 will be swingin anywhere near the forest city/scranton area on their way through.

Old 02-01-2007, 12:30 AM
1st Gear Member

Sounds like fun! count me in![sm=smiley20.gif]

Old 02-01-2007, 12:59 AM
1st Gear Member

Basic Motor Bike Requirements:
Helmet
Goggles
Gloves
Long Sleeves
Long Pants
Closed toed shoes
No double riding
Must ride in pairs

NO GOOFY FLAG FOR DIRT BIKES BABY!!!!!!!!!!!
Wow, that makes it so much better!!
http://www.paragonap.com/p_adventure_selfguided.htm

There is alot of different things to read on their site, anyone really interested should take a look............
http://www.paragonap.com/ I'll check through the site and post some of the more important stuff here...

Old 02-01-2007, 02:56 AM
1st Gear Member

Oddly enough I'm smack in the middle of Watertown and Plattsburgh, hour and a half in either direction. I'd be hitting 81 in Watertown to head towards PA. Finances are tight as I just moved into my own place but if I can scrape together enough for a trailer rental and a night or two at a hotel (although I do have some camping gear) I'd be glad to help out any fellow members who needed to hitch a ride down if they were within reasonable distance of I-81 or another major highway.

Quick Reply: Everyone in the NORTHEAST