Everyone in the NORTHEAST

Search this Thread

Old 02-08-2007, 09:44 PM
Admin
1st Gear Member
Default RE: Everyone in the NORTHEAST

If a cabin doesn't work out, I'm fine with using my tent. I was just thinking a cabin would be nice for the hot shower after a 100 mile off-road ride. But not mandatory, I've done plenty of backpacking / camping so I'll be prepared either way. I'd say try to reserve that 25 head campground though. That way at least every one is in fairly close proximity.

Old 02-08-2007, 09:45 PM

I dare someone to call themselves a dual-sport rider and balk at sleeping in a tent! Just sayin'.

Old 02-08-2007, 09:51 PM
Da dirty moderator
1st Gear Member

ORIGINAL: cwgoff

I dare someone to call themselves a dual-sport rider and balk at sleeping in a tent! Just sayin'.
Good point, i think most off roaders are campers also.

Old 02-08-2007, 09:54 PM
1st Gear Member

Well, we need to decide what we can do about this. We can go to another campground nearby. Its primitive but we can all get in there. Its 1$ per person.

Or we can get the last group site for 25 a night. If they are that busy then the chance of getting to use the shower is slim anyway at bass river.Without the cabin, we wont have a fridge....So we need to do the Ice and cooler thing.

Input?

Old 02-08-2007, 10:03 PM
1st Gear Member

There is a nice river and a beach at the remote site...Just REAL cold. Or we could get creative with ahand pump,tarp, pallet, the heating element from the turky fryerand a 55 gal drum. It would be a hour or so for someone to set it up on friday. But we could have hot showers and nothave to deal with the busy Bass river site.

Old 02-08-2007, 10:10 PM
Admin
1st Gear Member

Remote / primitive is fine with me. Shower is a luxury I'm willing to go without, though others near me may disagree . I'll be there for the ride. Any amenities are just icing on the cake. $1 a night sure sounds like a deal.

Old 02-08-2007, 10:30 PM

I am obviously biased since I wanted tent camping from the get-go, but I am all over the primitive idea. If it will help, I have a friend that has a nice portable camping shower with a frame and everything. I have never used it, but I have seen it set up and others use it and I think it works really well. It heats the water and everything, I think.

Another thing to consider about the State Park camp ground is whether or not they will get tired of hearing a whole bunch of bikes riding in and out of camp. In FL it was really loud (and COOL!) when we would all ride out of camp to dinner or whatever. As much as I like hearing it, I bet the other campers will get tired of it pretty quick.

With all of that said, I agree with Brian. I don't care where we stay - hotel, State park, primitive, whatever. I will be there unless something very major and unforeseen happens to prevent it. It ain't going to be because the lodging conditions are not to my liking. For what it is worth, I do put in a vote for not changing the dates unless absolutely necessary. For the long travelers (me and Brian), the Memorial Day weekend thing is helping out a bunch.

Old 02-08-2007, 10:52 PM
Da dirty moderator
1st Gear Member

Im kinda liking the primitive idea.... we would be by ourselves... could have a fire.... river right there....

Old 02-08-2007, 10:59 PM
1st Gear Member

Long travelers, ha, I can think of a few coming from ANOTHER COUNTRY to be there. To the Canadian fellas, I'm going to go look at a 4x8 mesh deck utility trailer with fold up ramp/tailgate tonight. I believe I have a hitch squared away as well so I'm fairly certain I can bring 2 of you guys down w/me. I'll ask a friend of mine if his tent is still up here, its a 2 room 9x12 cabin tent with like a 7 foot ceiling, I'll see if I can borrow that if some people are w/out a tent.

Old 02-08-2007, 11:06 PM
Da dirty moderator
1st Gear Member

O yea, i can probably get my hands on another tent if someone needs to borrow, and if it came down to it, i can fit someone in my tent with me.... but id rather not... its not that i dont like you guys... but ya know....

This is my tent, my dad has the exact same one..
Name:  fun002.jpg
Views: 12
Size:  89.6 KB

Name:  fun027.jpg
Views: 12
Size:  83.4 KB

Quick Reply: Everyone in the NORTHEAST