Everyone in the NORTHEAST

Search this Thread

Old 02-07-2007, 03:07 AM
Da dirty moderator
1st Gear Member
Default RE: Everyone in the NORTHEAST

ORIGINAL: plameau

The inaugural ride of the N.E. KLXers? would be in the N.J. Pine Barrens. $1 a night to camp next to the river(Hotel nearby, for the softies). Thosands of miles of trails, sandy base, no rocks. MUST have a plate. I have a guide for us that can plan a GPS route (He grew up riding there) He also has a klx. May 26th,27th and 28th

http://maps.google.com/maps?hl=en&q=....122523,0.2314

Ride 2
A.N.F. on Sept 1,2 and 3 labor day.
Lets run with these dates...

Old 02-07-2007, 03:22 AM
Admin
1st Gear Member

A-OK!

Old 02-07-2007, 05:23 AM
1st Gear Member

I think I can find my way to the Pine Barrons on Memorial Day Weekend...... [sm=smiley20.gif][sm=smiley32.gif]

Old 02-07-2007, 06:19 AM
1st Gear Member

Sounds like fun. It's so refreshing to see a multi-page thread that is not exhaust related

Old 02-07-2007, 10:12 AM
1st Gear Member

any1 comin my way for the Pine Barrens ride? im probably gonna need to hitch a ride for that one

Old 02-07-2007, 12:22 PM
Da dirty moderator
1st Gear Member

Where you at again jsac? Ill be headed due east from pittsburgh....

Old 02-07-2007, 12:53 PM
1st Gear Member

If we come are we allowed to bring friends that have non klxdual purpose bikes?

Jsac where are you at I'm about half hour to 45 minutes north of Allentown.

Old 02-07-2007, 12:58 PM
Da dirty moderator
1st Gear Member

I would like to see as many people as we can get from this site, but i dont see any reason why we cant bring along other dual sports.... Hey matt maybe we could ride together.

Old 02-07-2007, 01:10 PM
Da dirty moderator
1st Gear Member

Just to let you guys know... I got my email response from Durty Dabbers.... but from what is planned now, thats out of the question, but i thaught i would share the email.

Hi Eric, [/align][/align]Yes our club does have an event planned for the first weekend in June.[/align]We are told by many people who have been coming back year after year that we have one of the biggest and best events they get to ride. We usually have around 300-350 riders on Saturday[/align]Our days riding includes 100 miles each day with 60% woods, 20% road and 20% single track.[/align]We usuallyuse the Sproal and Tiadaghton State forests for a good portion of our ride however our route has not been laid out as of yet.[/align][/align]We are located centrally in the state, Lock Haven PA.[/align][/align]We hold the weekend event atthe Castanea[/align]Fire company picnic grounds. There is camping, showers, flush toilets and a BBQ Saturday night and breakfst Sunday morning all at the same location.[/align][/align]There are many hotels, bed and breakfasts etc that we include in the registration letter as well.[/align][/align]We have a pasta lunch stop on Sunday as well and all of the above except the breakfast is included in one price.[/align][/align]We give every rider who attends some sort of prize, all that have been donated to us by so many vendors, you may get a can of oil but then you may get a tire or helmet.[/align][/align]We will mail our registration letters in April/May so if you would like me to include you with our mailing just give me your address and please get back to me if you have any questions.[/align][/align]Thanks for inquiring,[/align]Lisa Bolopue[/align]Durty Dabber Secretary[/align][/align]If you have any specific questions and would like to talk to someone in person call Clyde Wise at Williamson Honda at 570-726-3343 or Nils Mantzoros at 748-9456.[/align]
So if anyone maybe lives close and wants to head there first weekend of june.I will be planning around the last weekend in may, memorial day weekend... nice long weekend.

This should be a ton of fun. FL was fun, but it was a lot of "highway" riding, and dirt roads, im looking for some trails. So this looks like what im looking for.

O matt im about northwest of pittsburgh about half hour to 45 mins, ill be taking the turnpike all the way to jersey. Oops i thaught allentown was closer to me... maybe not... but thats how i will be going.

Old 02-07-2007, 02:27 PM
1st Gear Member

im located in the forest city/carbondale area... about 20 min north of scranton... ill chip in on gas or whatever i can to help whoever can pick me up... any1 lookin for hotels in this area? might be a good idea to reserve whatever rooms we need ahead of time... would suck bein stuck without a place to sleep with no camping gear.

Quick Reply: Everyone in the NORTHEAST