Everyone in the NORTHEAST

Search this Thread

Old 02-06-2007, 05:01 PM
Da dirty moderator
1st Gear Member
Default RE: Everyone in the NORTHEAST

Ya know what...... thats kinda what i was looking for someone that knew the area, where ever, and a guide that knows the area.... Im down for this... NJ is doable for me. Might be a little farther south than some want to travel though.....

Old 02-06-2007, 05:06 PM

Sounds like you guys are getting a pretty serious ride going on, dont forget to get the pictures and post them.

Old 02-06-2007, 05:59 PM
Admin
1st Gear Member

ORIGINAL: plameau
The inaugural ride of the N.E. KLXers? would be in the N.J. Pine Barrens. $1 a night to camp next to the river(Hotel nearby, for the softies). Thosands of miles of trails, sandy base, no rocks. MUST have a plate. I have a guide for us that can plan a GPS route (He grew up riding there) He also has a klx. May 26th,27th and 28th

http://maps.google.com/maps?hl=en&q=....122523,0.2314
That looks like about an 8 hour drive for me so I might be able to make it - sounds like a great place to ride. However, I've already got plans for a ride the weekend before in May, so I'm pretty iffy on the timing. Looks like a great time, though.

Old 02-06-2007, 06:02 PM
Da dirty moderator
1st Gear Member

ORIGINAL: plameau

EMS thanks for the heads up. Well it looks like there are a bunch of people on board. So now its time to get the plan together.

How does this sound.

The inaugural ride of the N.E. KLXers? would be in the N.J. Pine Barrens. $1 a night to camp next to the river(Hotel nearby, for the softies). Thosands of miles of trails, sandy base, no rocks. MUST have a plate. I have a guide for us that can plan a GPS route (He grew up riding there) He also has a klx. May 26th,27th and 28th

http://maps.google.com/maps?hl=en&q=....122523,0.2314

Ride 2
A.N.F. on Sept 1,2 and 3 labor day.

How does this sound
OK it would be sweet if brian came.... so any reason on those particular dates? How about the weekend of June 9 and 10?

Old 02-06-2007, 06:53 PM
Admin
1st Gear Member

Well, if that date works for everyone else, don't change it just for me. It's not a guarantee that I could make the 2nd one either and changing it might put someone else out, so don't do that just on account of me.

Old 02-06-2007, 06:57 PM
1st Gear Member

June 9th is out for me, girlfriend's sister's wedding, when I asked for a day pass the response was a definite no.

Old 02-06-2007, 06:59 PM
Da dirty moderator
1st Gear Member

How about 16 and 17 of june, or back to last weekend in may?

Old 02-06-2007, 07:56 PM
Da dirty moderator
1st Gear Member

Ok guys, this just turned to a serious thing here....
I pm'ed plameau, which is also a producer for Dirt Bike TV, he said he can advertise on his show, and get a bunch of guys from thumpertalk... he said he would like to see 30-40 klx's. He also said that he can drag the film crew out and he can put this ride on his show!!!!! OK, who wants to be on tv? I just have to give him the ok.... So once we get the date set this is gonna be the thing to go to!!!! The last weekend in may is looking like a good time... Brian this is gonna be better than a KLRworld tour....

Old 02-06-2007, 08:20 PM
Admin
1st Gear Member

ORIGINAL: EMS_0525

So once we get the date set this is gonna be the thing to go to!!!! The last weekend in may is looking like a good time... Brian this is gonna be better than a KLRworld tour....
Agreed ... sounds like a lot of fun and probably with a very large turn-out.

Old 02-06-2007, 08:21 PM
1st Gear Member

ORIGINAL: EMS_0525

Ok guys, this just turned to a serious thing here....
I pm'ed plameau, which is also a producer for Dirt Bike TV, he said he can advertise on his show, and get a bunch of guys from thumpertalk... he said he would like to see 30-40 klx's. He also said that he can drag the film crew out and he can put this ride on his show!!!!! OK, who wants to be on tv? I just have to give him the ok.... So once we get the date set this is gonna be the thing to go to!!!! The last weekend in may is looking like a good time... Brian this is gonna be better than a KLRworld tour....
Do I have time to get a haircut & clean my gear, for the close ups?

Quick Reply: Everyone in the NORTHEAST