Ever had a serious injury? How long till you rode again?

Search this Thread

Old 11-19-2013, 07:05 PM
1st Gear Member

Broke my leg in the 12th grade riding a scooter.. lady turned left into me like I was an empty crosswalk....

Said I'de never ride a two wheeled machine ever again but look at me now, 3 bikes later....

The TW200 really got my confidence back

Old 11-19-2013, 08:36 PM
Super Moderator
1st Gear Member

Wow....what a bunch of no-riding, uncoordinated sick monkeys you all are....

HAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA!!! Yes; only kidding!!!

Old 11-20-2013, 02:39 AM
1st Gear Member

Broke my collar bone at a saturday night off road race near Barstow, landed on my shoulder and knew I was damaged so hustled back to the pits before the adrenaline wore off. Had to drive home SD most of the way as my pit crew was ...... sleepy, unload then goto the emergency room. Got home with my new figure 8 brace around sun rise. My wife was shocked I went to work the next morning. I was back on the machine at 6 weeks, yeah I was sore

Old 11-20-2013, 11:15 PM
1st Gear Member
Cool You might joke a little less when you draw the "injury" card out of you're deck!

Originally Posted by jeffzx9
Wow....what a bunch of no-riding, uncoordinated sick monkeys you all are....

HAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA!!! Yes; only kidding!!!
Seriously! Many of the reported injuries sound pretty serious, most involving significant pain, rehab & recovery time! I don't take your "kidding" personal but think you must have a neck like a giraffe, cause you have your head way up you're a$$ to be joking about other peoples injuries! And you're a "super moderator", really? Hope you never pull the injury card out of your deck, cause you won't think it's a joking matter. Just sayin.......

Last edited by ShadetreeAZ; 11-22-2013 at 03:48 AM.
Old 11-23-2013, 11:49 AM
1st Gear Member
1st Gear Member
Default Oops

I had a severe pneumothorax a year and a half ago. Fell off my KTM and boom. Chest tube, a couple days in the hospital. Had to wait till my ribs healed, but I was out on the bike within the month. Ironically, it sustained no damage. Ha! Figures.

Old 11-23-2013, 04:45 PM
1st Gear Member

I trashed a bike when I was 21 and spent several days in the hospital. Quit riding for 25 years telling myself it wasn't safe. Riding a motorcycle is unsafe, foolish and a little stupid but realized that going through life being "safe" and not enjoying the things that you can is foolish and a little stupid. I have worked with people who dropped dead at work having done nothing "unsafe" in their lives. In "The Shawshank Redemption" Andy says you have to get busy living or get busy dying. I now ride every single day rain or shine. I will take a day off for snow and ice which doesn't happen that often in Seattle. Get back on as soon as you can. Don't give up something you love like I did to be safe while not living life to the fullest. Ride! But be careful out there.

Last edited by SageGrouse8139; 11-23-2013 at 07:27 PM.
Old 11-24-2013, 01:19 PM
Super Moderator
1st Gear Member

Wow....time for some de-caf.
Let me put it this way: Injuries suck. Statistically speaking, there's one waiting out there for all of us, at some point in our riding lifetime. Get used to the thought; go through it, heal up, laugh it off, and either get back on the bike or don't.

Old 11-24-2013, 04:46 PM
1st Gear Member

Originally Posted by jeffzx9
Wow....time for some de-caf.
Let me put it this way: Injuries suck. Statistically speaking, there's one waiting out there for all of us, at some point in our riding lifetime. Get used to the thought; go through it, heal up, laugh it off, and either get back on the bike or don't.
There are those who have crashed or those who are going to crash

Old 11-24-2013, 07:19 PM
Super Moderator
1st Gear Member

+1^ Rock.

Old 11-24-2013, 07:25 PM
1st Gear Member

over last 4rth of july B/F and myself went down the blue ridge parkway

for a week straight it rained on us finally we got it done then rode to drove to
newport tenn.

decided to go zip lining where i sprang my ankle needless to say i couldn't walk on it and i was on my heritage and had to be to work on Monday and it was Saturday night

well i had to do what i had to do women up get on the bike and ride home oh i forgot to tell you it was my left foot so i had to shift and get the bike off the Jiffy stand

OK my B/F helped me with the getting the bike up
well 700 mile with a freshly sprang ankle wasn't fun

but i made it home in one piece

Quick Reply: Ever had a serious injury? How long till you rode again?