Epic FAIL, Cliffsta style.

Search this Thread

Old 01-03-2009, 02:09 AM
1st Gear Member
Default Epic FAIL, Cliffsta style.

Today I attempted my first-ever solo ride of the trails. I was jamming (for a noobtard), the new tires and gearing works wonderful in the local conditions. I make it 30+ miles of trails, I'm less than a MILE from the end, where I'm gonna bail on the road and head home, and then I encounter the mudhole to end all mudholes, and needless to say, I'm high from the great ride and I figure I can make it around.... riiight.

Name:  2-1.jpg
Views: 167
Size:  239.4 KB

Name:  3.jpg
Views: 56
Size:  184.2 KB

I couldn't get it out. Luckily I had just crossed a road and my uncle was able to come help me pick it up out of the hole, turn it around, and get it back the other way to the road. UGH. Today's ride was PERFECT until that happened. Not a mile from the end!!!!

I pulled the seat and luckily no mud or water got into the airbox. Rode it home, cursing the whole way.

At least this came in today:

Name:  manual.jpg
Views: 38
Size:  14.3 KB

$25 shipped from the wonderful Ebay.

Old 01-03-2009, 02:22 AM
1st Gear Member

Don't feel too bad. We all been there once. I got my KLX stuck in the almost same situation. Stuck between two hills, buried in a deep rut in the middle of a creek bed. Not fun when trying to get unstuck and have to be pushing up a muddy hill. Now I pack a come-along just for the occasion.

Old 01-03-2009, 02:24 AM
1st Gear Member

I did that about 15 years ago once. It was buried up to the frame ....both wheels stuck solid. I don't ride mud anymore...the cleaner..the better.
________
IPAD ACCESSORIES

Last edited by JasonFMX; 03-29-2011 at 08:43 AM.
Old 01-03-2009, 02:29 AM
1st Gear Member

Originally Posted by LearjetMinako
. Now I pack a come-along just for the occasion.
I was thinking the same thing while walking down the road, in 20-pound mudboots, and soaking wet.

The funny thing is, the REST of the trails weren't too bad at all, we haven't had rain in over a week, I guess the 4-wheelers just ate everything up.

And I do feel bad, I feel like a jackass I shoulda just turned around and called it a day instead of plowing through it. The front wheel WAS in the same hole but I picked it up and set it over, I just couldn't wiggle the back out by myself. It was some of that suction mud.

Old 01-03-2009, 02:34 AM
1st Gear Member

You had it a little worse than me. That soupy mud just fills back in when trying to dig. Around my area, we have the red clay mud. Slimey when wet, but just clumps to everything.

Old 01-03-2009, 03:17 AM
1st Gear Member

If you don't get stuck or break something on the bike once in awhile your not riding it hard enough! I'm kinda kidding about that. Their are consequences to pushing it, and you have to keep your responsibilities in mind. I do like coming up to something that I don't know if I can ride out of, and going for it anyway. Most of the time you'll make it, sometimes you'll end up stuck in a mud hole. This isn't my pic, I think it's someone on here though. Hope they don't mind me reposting it. It's a great pic!!

Name:  Moto6.jpg
Views: 36
Size:  50.5 KB

Last edited by dan888; 01-03-2009 at 03:57 AM.
Old 01-03-2009, 06:04 AM
1st Gear Member

Live and learn, good stuff!!!

Old 01-03-2009, 06:32 AM
1st Gear Member

Originally Posted by dan888
If you don't get stuck or break something on the bike once in awhile your not riding it hard enough! I'm kinda kidding about that. Their are consequences to pushing it, and you have to keep your responsibilities in mind. I do like coming up to something that I don't know if I can ride out of, and going for it anyway. Most of the time you'll make it, sometimes you'll end up stuck in a mud hole. This isn't my pic, I think it's someone on here though. Hope they don't mind me reposting it. It's a great pic!!

HAHA looks like quick sand!

Ya the first week i had my bike i went on a solo off the beaten path adventure and had a similar situation. Wasnt near as bad but I stalled and the bike fell in a decent muddy rut. Took all my strength to lift the bike back up. Good times...

Old 01-03-2009, 11:42 AM
1st Gear Member

These bikes are meant to get dirty!. If they are not dirty then you are not riding it. Keep in mind, mud is probably what i ride in or around 60% of the time. That is not always by choice. Sometimes you run into an obsticle and need to get around it. Dont be hard on yourself. Did you have fun? That is all that matters.

Steve

Old 01-03-2009, 02:10 PM
1st Gear Member

wow, thats a nice pic lol.. least you got her out ok haha,,, thanks for sharing cliff

Quick Reply: Epic FAIL, Cliffsta style.