Energy Drink for Long Adventure Rides

Search this Thread

Old 08-17-2009, 03:09 PM
Thumbs down Relax Folks

Originally Posted by Beardoge
Well thanks for your opinion savage it really means alot to me!

Unlike you I'm not on here crying about who did this or who did what, I don't degrade others here for what they do in there personal lives so please stop crying about it. I know the world makes you mad because they don't live correctly like you but it's time to grow up and realize that not everybody likes the same thing.

I like to have a few drinks when I'm out riding, visiting friends, stopping at the local taverns,(with all those other evil wrong doing bikers) having a cocktail in the woods that's what I like to do it doesn't make me this evil person you think I am.

So please stop the preaching, put me on your ignore list and you can live in your own little world where everybody lives safely and securely in savages' utopia land.

Relax folks...it's obvious that Beardoge is compensating for something lacking in his life.
His references to drinking and driving indicate an immature need to be the cool dude.......which he's not.
Oh....thanks Beardoge.....I will be putting you on ignore.
Hopefully you will grow up before you kill yourself or worse, some innocent person.

Old 08-17-2009, 05:50 PM
1st Gear Member

I personally don't drink any of those energy drinks, religious reasons. I'm originally from Utah...I'm sure you can figure it out.
The question I have is about the lemon in the water, what's it's purpose? I'm sure it would help i've run out of ideas on how to get the rubber taste out of he camelback water.

Old 08-17-2009, 08:20 PM
Your Humble Moderator/Admin
1st Gear Member

Lemon is just for a little flavor, and it gets rid of the plastic taste. And I think it cuts down on the mold.

Old 08-17-2009, 08:27 PM
Your Humble Moderator/Admin
1st Gear Member

Wow! I just re-read all of the comments, and while I have zero tolerance for drinking and driving, we need to remember that this is a forum, and everyone is entitled to their opinions. But in that same line of thought, be prepared to be reamed if you come on and talk about something that goes against mainstream public. JMO

Old 08-18-2009, 12:03 AM
1st Gear Member

Originally Posted by deej
Lemon is just for a little flavor, and it gets rid of the plastic taste. And I think it cuts down on the mold.

I just put a bunch of chlorine in the camel back to keep the mold out. Nah... I haven't even used my camel back yet.

The five hour energy shots are really good, I have one as soon as I wake up but the Zipfizz is for most occasions because I like to enjoy my energy in a wonderful and tasty beverage.
Energy drinks are mostly for us non-coffee drinkers.

M

Old 08-19-2009, 04:19 AM
1st Gear Member

All of those energy drinks are VERY bad for you. Way way too much sugar, fake or otherwise (aspertame, etc.). 2 every morning? You keep that up and in a few years you will exhibit pre-diabetic symptoms if you don't already. Think about how many grams of sugar...yeah, 25? 15? I mean really, who puts 15 sugar packets in their drinks? Ugh it makes me sick.

Dried fruit works good on the trail. I've tried those zip fizz things and they taste like ***. Also beef jerky or turkey jerkey, but make sure you have water to counter the high salt content. Eat a banana, the high potassium will give you energy. That 5 hour energy stuff has caffeine and like fity billion percent potassium.

Do you guys really think any pro MX'er who is serious about his workout is drinking any of that Monster crap? It's great they sponsor so much, but that's about it.

Old 08-19-2009, 04:25 AM
1st Gear Member

This is how I roll with my coffee. Coffee, water, condensed milk. I call it "my sludge coffee". So thick, so strong, nice n bitter. Pour this sludge into a glass with some ice and it makes the best iced coffee you ever had. I love bitter beers (IPA's, etc) so it's only natural it would spill (bad pun...) into my coffee tastes.

Old 08-19-2009, 04:34 AM
1st Gear Member

Originally Posted by DSBoomerRider
Energy drinks lead to Gummy worms. Gummy worms lead to fruit. Fruit lead to water. Water lead to alcohol. Alcohol lead to personal life choices. Personal life choices lead to angry forum members.....**insert Yoda voice**

I love seeing these random forums go off like this though lmao!
pah! alcohol is the least of our worries. have you heard about those gubermint leeches?!

Old 08-20-2009, 02:24 AM
1st Gear Member

Originally Posted by je2000
Do you guys really think any pro MX'er who is serious about his workout is drinking any of that Monster crap? It's great they sponsor so much, but that's about it.
But they drink it right after they win a race...it must be what they like and need to get that far to win!...

Its my fantacy land and your not invited!

Old 08-20-2009, 10:02 AM
1st Gear Member

I drink a product called bHip. Not one artifical/synthetic ingredient and only 2gm's of sugar compared to 50+gm's per energy drink. My missus sells it lol.

Attached Thumbnails Energy Drink for Long Adventure Rides-bhip-energy-drink%5B1%5D.gif  

Quick Reply: Energy Drink for Long Adventure Rides