Endorsement

Search this Thread

Old 09-05-2011, 12:59 AM
1st Gear Member
Default Endorsement

Today my wife and I both passed the 2 day Motorcycle Rider Course, which includes the testing to get your endorsement, so now we just need to make the trip to the DOL and plunk down our $30 each to get the endorsement added to our licenses.

The course was awesome!!! It was a grueling 2 days, excellent instruction, very patient and knowledgeable instructors. We both really learned a lot - I highly recommend this training to anyone that hasn't had it yet!

Old 09-05-2011, 01:00 PM
1st Gear Member

Congrats to you both!! That's the way to do it.
Dan

Old 09-05-2011, 02:45 PM
1st Gear Member

Congrats!! It's been about 11 years since my husband and I spent a weekend taking the MSF course!! It's been a point of pride every time we have moved to a different state and changed licenses to make sure that in our new home we keep that M endorsement!!! Happy riding!

Old 09-05-2011, 03:10 PM
TNC
1st Gear Member

Baloney! Structured training and instruction?...where's the adventure in that? I say that just throwing people out there into traffic to learn how to ride is the best way to "thin the herd".

But seriously, congrats on completing the course. This is a great resource that wasn't available back in "the old days" when I started riding. Way better than peeled skin, broken bones, and worse when trying to master 2-wheels. While these classes don't guarantee mishaps, they sure give the rider a better base upon which to build skills. Have fun.

Old 09-05-2011, 05:33 PM
1st Gear Member

Thanks everyone!

Old 09-05-2011, 05:49 PM
1st Gear Member

There is a msf dirt bike class here as well. I think I need it to keep from letting the bike take dirt naps

Old 09-06-2011, 02:49 AM
1st Gear Member

Not too long after I first got my drivers liscense They were first starting the endorsement here in Indiana and all you had to do was just get it added to your liscense in the begining, no test or anything. My dad told me to go get it as I'd want it someday and I didn't, I was racing off road at the time and couldn't imagine I'd ever ride a street bike of any sort again. That was 1980, a few years later sportbikes really came out and I had to finally take the class, Even back then I learned alot about the road.

Old 09-07-2011, 01:40 AM
1st Gear Member

Congrats! KLX is a perfect bike to learn on. Me, my bro and my cousin took the 1 day course here in KS. Learned on the SWEET Super Sherpa hehe. Hardest part was the written test. Hated it! The driving course was a piece of cake since we have ridden dirtbikes all our lives.

Old 09-07-2011, 04:21 AM
1st Gear Member

Yeah, the KLX is easier to handle than the 250cc cruiser bikes they had us riding in the class. I found them to have a very awkward seating position, and it seemed like a harder reach to switch gears and hit the brakes with the way it positioned your feet. Felt really good to go home and get on my own bike...

Old 09-07-2011, 03:00 PM
Your Humble Moderator/Admin
1st Gear Member

Hey Bill and wifey, congrats on taking the course and passing. My wife took it 2 years ago, and while it was a hard class, and in fact they had A-Hole instructors, she did learn a lot and passed, even though the guy said he was surprised she did. Father and son teaching the class were a couple of tools, but its in the past now. where was I going with this? Oh yeah, have fun, stay safe and RIDE ON MAN!!!!

Quick Reply: Endorsement