Old 08-27-2007, 10:06 PM
1st Gear Member
Default RE: EMS_0525 gave me an idea..

EDIT:

(posted in the wrong thread)

Old 08-27-2007, 11:33 PM
Super Moderator

I was an AC contractor for 15 years but now have smoothie shop called Juice It Up in Irvine, CA

Name:  StoreFront003-1.jpg
Views: 13
Size:  52.2 KB

Old 08-28-2007, 12:12 AM
1st Gear Member

I'm an assistant project engineer at Motorola Semiconductor Group in Chandler, Arizona. My position involvement is in equipment design, fabrication, installation, specification and procurement of commercial wafer fab equipment. The position requires project management skills in conjunction with environmental, health and safety activities. I am also responsible for installation and support of diffusion furnaces, Disco wafer grinders, robotic cleaning stations, robotic handling systems, various etch and cleaning hoods. This also includs factory layouts using Cad software, modifications with improvements to equipment. I write equipment specifications and source inspection documents. I coordinate outside vendor activities and source inspections to insure compliance. Hey, it pays the bills!

Old 08-28-2007, 01:21 AM
1st Gear Member

Wow, not surprisingly, lots of engineers and mechanics and 'hands-on' kinds of guys and girlshere. I have to admit I only read through the first few pages of posts, but I'mwilling to bet I'm the only guy here who deals with Wall Street on a daily basis.

I'm the Financial Analyst for a relatively small, non-profitstudent loan corporation. Myjob is basicallyanalyzingand reporting on our ~$2 billion bond and loan portfolio. Might sound fancy, but it really isn't. The investment bankerswe work with make more in a week than I take home in a year. I'mjust a finance geek who usually has dirt under his fingernails on Monday morning.

Here's a link to some of my handiwork-

http://services.vsac.org/ilwwcm/conn...vicer+Reports/

Old 08-28-2007, 02:21 AM
1st Gear Member

I'm the owner and director of the Arizona Climbing and Adventure School, nuff said. You can check out my bio on the website if you're interested.

http://www.climbingschool.com

Old 08-28-2007, 02:34 AM
1st Gear Member

Bass player for the Band Krush

Old 08-28-2007, 03:19 AM

I feel a little underqualified!
I run a Surf Shop on the North Shore of Oahu. It's a ruff life, I have to ride 8 miles each way to from work, past some of the most famous surf spots in the world. If my bike could carry a surfboard I wouldn't have a car out here. Some amazing veiws too from the cliffs behind my house where there is a public moto-cross track with an attached 14000 acre trail riding area. You can almost traverse the entire island via ridgeline and river trails.
My family has been building surf boards since my dad was a kid so it's the only kind of job I've had or will ever have!

Old 08-28-2007, 03:26 AM
1st Gear Member

I stick pieces of rubber together until they resemble a tire...because so much is riding on your tires. Unfortunately, I don't build bike tires...used to build the heavyweights (earthmovers), but now in another plant (same province) building sport and SUV tires. I am an electronics technician by trade and worked in that field for 12 plus years, but wasn't making the money I am now doing a much simpler job.

Old 08-28-2007, 03:30 AM
1st Gear Member

Hawaii rules no matter what job you have

I'm a measurement while drilling engineer for a Canadian directional company called Directional Plus. I run a positive pulse tool at the end of a drill string that communicates with our computers on surface and tells us which way we're going and what angle we are at. I live in Alberta and work up north, but also alot of horizontal wells along the boarder in south Saskatchewan.

Before that I got my BSc in computer science and did some IT work for a while, and hated it. Rigs was a much better fit. Pays better too.

Old 08-28-2007, 04:22 AM
1st Gear Member

For the last twenty six years i have worked in a grain elevator in Vancouver,
i was a Millwright therefor seven years until i injured my back ,now i am a locomotive engineer in the rail yard.
not very glamorous but i get to look at north Vancouver all day.
Name:  Picture002.jpg
Views: 13
Size:  104.6 KB

Quick Reply: EMS_0525 gave me an idea..