EMS_0525 gave me an idea..

Search this Thread

Old 07-14-2008, 02:20 AM
1st Gear Member
Default RE: EMS_0525 gave me an idea..

Well, I've been in sales all of my life, one way or another. Finished college with BA in Bus. Admin. & went to work for Shell Oil Company. 1st Job was at the Data Center in Menlo Park, CA then transferred to Tulsa, OK in same line of work. I hated it and spent most of my time looking out of the window at the green grass below. Requested and got a transfer to Indiana & Kentuky in Retail Sales and loved it except everytime I made a success of my work, they would promote me, give me a few more dollars and send me somewhere else! After four of their worst territories were turned around I asked for a transfer to Industrial/Commercial Sales. (I was the 1st to ever have that job without a chemical engineering degree.) LOVED THE WORK!! My office and headquarters was in St Louis, MO. I saw things manufactured all over the USA. A promotion to New York was in my future. However,I had been forewarned not to accept the promotion. I resigned and at age 39, with a wife and two boys,(7 & 5 years old). I started my owned, full lines, insurance agency in Northern California. We starved for the first five years, living off of my savings [:'(]... HA! Then the money started rolling in.. finally. My insurance agency was terrific, providing me with lots of varied friendships, a great home, lots of toys and connections all over the county. I won trips all over the world annually. Decided to "hang it up" at age 62 because my wife had contracted Remitting RelapsingMultiple Sclerosis. We sold ourhome and the business and then retired into a customized, handicap equipped, motor home. Been living in our "house with a rubber foundation" for ten years now. WE BOTH LOVE IT! Wouldn't take a "stick home if it was free". We follow the sun, summer and winter. .... I get plenty of saddle time on the KLX 250s.

Old 07-14-2008, 06:12 PM

Hi WD~40,
I am out in the west side, but would love to meet and take a ride sometime. I also have friends that ride out in the valley.

Chris
2009 KLX250s
Liime Green

Old 07-15-2008, 10:15 PM
1st Gear Member

ASE certified mechanic currently working as a porter for toyota waiting for a tech spot to open up. Been riding off and on sicne i was 8

Old 10-20-2008, 08:24 PM
Da dirty moderator
1st Gear Member

another good bump......

Old 10-20-2008, 10:42 PM
1st Gear Member

I'm currently a consulting engineer for managed network services at a major telco. I have 25 years' experience in IT and software development.

And I develop web sites and repair computers for a couple local businesses and non-profits.

And I'm part-owner of a hotrod shop, G-Force Design Concepts.

And I have 5 kids, 4 of whom are still at home.

And I work on motorcycles almost every day of the week.

So I'm selling my 96 Mystic Cobra 'cuz I need the $$ to pay for parts for the bikes. Kidding...got to a level running the car at open track events that I either need to get some serious safety gear or quit, because I've reached the skill level where I'm just too close to the edge for comfort. And I am sooo tired of obsessing about every little scratch and speck of dirt on the Mystic.

Old 10-20-2008, 11:30 PM
1st Gear Member

I'm a graphic designer at a design agency called curious design, primarily doing package design, photography and retouching.

Also in the New Zealand Territorial Force (soon to be known as the NZ Reserve Army) as a Lieutenant.

Great jobs both of them, providing me with that much needed balance between the office desk and the great outdoors, and in between I terrorize the streets and trails of Auckland with my green machine.

Old 10-21-2008, 06:02 AM
1st Gear Member

I'm still a student, but my dad gives me an allowance which I use to buy stuff for my KLX and for myself.. My dad does business.. And he's involved with the government ALOT..

Our main business is, Motor Garages.. We have the largest private Garage in Sri Lanka.. We dont do much private vehicles but we have Tow Trucks too.. We mostly maintain NGO vehicles like UN (UNHCR,UNICEF,WFP etc),CARE,Save The Children and others..We also have a branc situated about 260KMS from the Capital of Sri Lanka..

And we also own a Garment Factory and a Security Firm..