EJK and Pair Valve

Search this Thread

Old 07-01-2022, 05:10 PM
1st Gear Member

PAIR valve has no affect on performance - it only helps to facilitate a more complete burn of exhaust gasses before they're released to the atmosphere, when needed. Why are people so keen to remove it?
​​​

Old 07-02-2022, 01:01 PM
1st Gear Member

To save a pound or because they think it will affect performance in a negative fashion, which clearly it doesn't.. I left mine in because I didn't have stuff to remove it when I did the valves and MCM and figured it wasn't a big deal to plug it back in again. AKA I was too lazy to remove it knowing it would do nothing if I did.

Old 07-02-2022, 04:01 PM
1st Gear Member

Yeah, it was strictly for aesthetics to unclutter the engine,..

...and for slight weight savings as part of my lightening project that got the weight down to 292 pounds curb weight, including the addition of a 3 pound rear rack and the two pounds of net weight added with a lighter plastic 2.7 gas tank full of extra fuel.

Old 07-02-2022, 09:43 PM
1st Gear Member

Originally Posted by tooter
Yeah, it was strictly for aesthetics to unclutter the engine,..  ...and for slight weight savings as part of my lightening project that got the weight down to 292 pounds curb weight, including the addition of a 3 pound rear rack and the two pounds of net weight added with a lighter plastic 2.7 gas tank full of extra fuel. 
That's not bad, so around 290lbs without the rack...What muffler and tip is that?

Last edited by Peter Leif Lindvall; 07-02-2022 at 09:50 PM.
Old 07-03-2022, 02:45 PM
1st Gear Member

Originally Posted by Peter Leif Lindvall
That's not bad, so around 290lbs without the rack...What muffler and tip is that?
I used a variety of weight reducing mods including fenders, exhaust LED headlight, LED blinkers, alloy handlebars, levers, alloy lowering links, and emissions. I weigh 135 pounds which makes for spirited performance even on a modestly powered bike. Including gear, the combined weight of bike and rider is just 437 pounds.

The exhaust is my own design. I was selling them but I'm having trouble getting parts.

Old 07-06-2022, 08:46 PM
1st Gear Member

Nice! I make O2,PAIR, kickstand, and clutch switch deletes...

That's a shame you can't get parts, since it's difficult to find aftermarket exhausts.
Do you use the same bolt hole spacing as Supertrapp?

Old 07-07-2022, 04:23 PM
1st Gear Member

Originally Posted by Peter Leif Lindvall
Nice! I make O2,PAIR, kickstand, and clutch switch deletes..
What's the benefit of clutch and kickstand switch deletes?

Old 07-07-2022, 09:55 PM
1st Gear Member

The main reason is that the switches fail, and my deletes do not, but some people don't like the safety features, me included.

When the kickstand switch fails, the bike won't start.

My bike wouldn't restart once on the trail, and I had a hell of a time ripping the kickstand harness apart,
so I could short the 2 wires together, to see if that was it, because that was the only thimg I could think of.

I ended up having to hide my bike, and leave it in the woods overnight, because it wasn't the kickstand switch, and I already had the clutch switch delete.
Turns out that the neutral safety switch stopped working, and kept the bike from starting. I grounded that wire, and the neutral light stays on. the deletes with you, even if you don't install them now. You can just plug them in if the bike fails to start, instead of doing an emergency repair.

I also made a cover plug for the factory test plug under the seat. I'm including the cap plug in my All Delete O2, PAIR, clutch, and kickstand deletes.

Last edited by Peter Leif Lindvall; 07-11-2022 at 08:46 PM. Reason: somebody complained
Old 07-11-2022, 11:19 AM
1st Gear Member

I am chewing on this subject, having just done the MCM, running w/o the air box lid and just adding the EJK. The kit did include a 02 sensor bypass. So the question I have, actually more than just one. The sensors, TPS, air density, temp sensors are still actively modifying the fueling or are they taken out of the system, and the EJK is simply providing fueling much like a carbureted system?

I am familiar with the affects those environmental factors have on fueling and performance.

Old 07-11-2022, 11:40 AM
1st Gear Member

For people buying anything using PayPal, pay the extra money for a merchandise sale. Most sellers, like myself, have our pricing to absorb the fee. PayPal provides no protection for "gift" payment. You are stating that you are giving the money, not paying for merchandise or service and there is no coverage for problems. If something should happen the receiver of the "gift" is not responsible when money is paid out as a gift. I tell everyone who buys a tensioner kit from me to pay as "merchandise" because if something happens on my end and they don't get their order or they don't get what they expected, they can file a claim with PayPal to either get what they ordered or get their money back.

I have had it happen where I did not get what was ordered, the merchandise was junk worth about $2, the stuff ordered was $78. I notified the seller and they did nothing except offer a few dollars reduction in the charge. With the proof, the copy of the company's and a picture of what was received, PayPal gave me full payment return. I've also had a claim filed against me when a rider in the UK, for some reason, felt they should have their merchandise in five days. It took two weeks at the time. PayPal stopped payment to me until the rider got the merchandise and released the payment, which he did. PayPal does cover the buyer well.

I will use PayPal to buy online simply for that coverage. If I don't get what was advertised or there are other problems I am covered. That's why I recommend it. This is no insinuation against any seller, just stating the facts and why, as a seller, I recommend paying as "merchandise".

Last edited by klx678; 07-11-2022 at 11:44 AM.

Quick Reply: EJK and Pair Valve