Ejk

Search this Thread

Old 12-22-2019, 03:26 PM
1st Gear Member
Default Ejk

What's up guys and gals, I've got a 2018 efi klx250 usa version. Only mods I have is 13t sprocket and kdx snorkel instead of stock snorkel, still have the stock exhaust and header, I have an ejk fuel controller on order, my question is if I pull the airbox lid completely off and then add more fuel with the ejk is there a significant performance difference with the kdx snorkel vs no lid? I don't know if I'm willing to spend another $5-$600 in exhaust upgrades so I'm hoping to be happy with the ejk and can stop there lol

Old 12-22-2019, 04:21 PM
1st Gear Member

Originally Posted by Jack Dysart
What's up guys and gals, I've got a 2018 efi klx250 usa version. Only mods I have is 13t sprocket and kdx snorkel instead of stock snorkel, still have the stock exhaust and header, I have an ejk fuel controller on order, my question is if I pull the airbox lid completely off and then add more fuel with the ejk is there a significant performance difference with the kdx snorkel vs no lid? I don't know if I'm willing to spend another $5-$600 in exhaust upgrades so I'm hoping to be happy with the ejk and can stop there lol

I’d like to know the answer to this one myself. I suggest the MCM. Easy to do and free power. Didn’t provide the wheel lifting torque I hoped it would, but it is an improvement on acceleration.

Old 12-22-2019, 10:08 PM
1st Gear Member

There is no sense in running lidless with the stock exhaust. The very notion of increasing induction flow capability without doing the same on the exhaust side lacks logical argument. The stock exhaust and induction are designed to operate together to produce stock power levels. Unless there is untapped capability within one or the other system, modding only one produces no significant increase in output. We have no indications that the stock "pee shooter" slipon can flow well enough for any significant power increase other than the MCM - which increases exhaust flow only in the lower 1/2 rpm range ....

Old 12-23-2019, 04:06 AM
1st Gear Member

Originally Posted by Klxster
There is no sense in running lidless with the stock exhaust. The very notion of increasing induction flow capability without doing the same on the exhaust side lacks logical argument. The stock exhaust and induction are designed to operate together to produce stock power levels. Unless there is untapped capability within one or the other system, modding only one produces no significant increase in output. We have no indications that the stock "pee shooter" slipon can flow well enough for any significant power increase other than the MCM - which increases exhaust flow only in the lower 1/2 rpm range ....
I just wanted to make sure because it definitely made a difference just putting the kdx snorkel on there even without an ejk. I wish there was a way to open up the factory exhaust without having to spend $500-$600 on a aftermarket header and exhaust. Thanks

Old 12-23-2019, 05:48 AM
1st Gear Member

Well, your next level of performance is with just a slipon and an EJK to fuel a lidless airbox.. No header is required for "next level" performance on your bike. The increase (in power) you get is game changing.. Add to this mod combo the MCM and, once fueled correctly, pull 1st gear power only wheelies with ease..

Going ahead with a full FMF or Barker exhaust , lidless airbox, and a proper EJK fueling setup, will be money well spent. The increase in the power levels is so profound - You practically get a new bike to experience..

Obviously, any slipon you buy must have an O2 bung...

We've been doing the above for years on carb'd KLX's - none of it is experimental - it's dyno proven and guaranteed. Only issue is getting the fueling correct on the EFI..

Last edited by Klxster; 12-23-2019 at 06:03 AM.
Old 12-23-2019, 06:26 AM
1st Gear Member

Well, your next level of performance is with just a slipon and an EJK to fuel a lidless airbox.. No header is required for "next level" performance on your bike. The increase (in power) you get is game changing.. Add to this mod combo the MCM and, once fueled correctly, pull 1st gear power only wheelies with ease..

Going ahead with a full FMF or Barker exhaust , lidless airbox, and a proper EJK fueling setup, will be money well spent. The increase in the power levels is so profound - You practically get a new bike to experience..

Obviously, any slipon you buy must have an O2 bung...

We've been doing the above for years on carb'd KLX's - none of it is experimental - it's dyno proven and guaranteed. Only issue is getting the fueling correct on the EFI..
ok awesome, I thought you had to have the megabomb header or equivalent to really make the exhaust worth purchasing.

Last edited by Jack Dysart; 12-23-2019 at 06:29 AM.
Old 12-23-2019, 06:32 AM
1st Gear Member

What exhaust do you recommend? I don't particularly care for anything loud enough to attract alot of attention after all its best not to attract too much attention on a hooligan bike

Old 12-23-2019, 08:00 AM
1st Gear Member

Klxster

I have kdx snorkel, Delkevic exhaust and ejk to fit to my 2009 UK model efi.
Will the ejk sort out the fueling for me?
Also do you have access to the mcm instructions with pictures?
Thanks

Old 12-23-2019, 06:31 PM
1st Gear Member

Jack, you are pretty much going to have to get a FMF Q4 (with O2 bung of course). It is the "quietest" slipon we know of - do not resort to using restrictive "DB killer" inserts into slipons - as doing so defeats the whole purpose of creating a free flowing exhaust tract.

Phil, the EJK will fuel your bike - the settings for your mod combo will need to be determined by you and/or EJK.. MCM instructions are through my posts and on KLX678 's post as well as the MCM thread.. Do not attempt to find MCM videos on Youtube as there aren't any that are correct.

Old 12-23-2019, 06:34 PM
1st Gear Member

Jack, you are pretty much going to have to get a FMF Q4 (with O2 bung of course). It is the "quietest" slipon we know of - do not resort to using restrictive "DB killer" inserts into slipons - as doing so defeats the whole purpose of creating a free flowing exhaust tract.

Phil, the EJK will fuel your bike - the settings for your mod combo will need to be determined by you and/or EJK.. MCM instructions are through my posts and on KLX678 's post as well as the MCM thread.. Do not attempt to find MCM videos on Youtube as there aren't any that are correct.
thanks again Mr klxster

Quick Reply: Ejk