edge tail light

Search this Thread

Old 12-08-2010, 09:01 PM
1st Gear Member
Default edge tail light

You guys that have the edge tail section, how hard was it to install and how do you like it (other then looks) does it function and hold up well?

I'm thinking this is next on my list. Also I;ve heard of guys installing flashers to their brake light anyone know haw this is done?

Thanks

Old 12-08-2010, 09:32 PM
1st Gear Member

I hold an office based job and am not very handy with this sort of thing, but found the install easy. Just give yourself time so you don't rush it and stuff anything up.

Functionaly it works well though I would have enjoyed another row of red LED's to make the brake light more visible. You cannot use your stock indicator lights so make sure you get yourself some aftermarket ones. They don't have to be DRC indicators, I got a set of Oxford ones that fitted fine.

Can't help on the flashing brake light I am afraid.

It's a very good mod that makes the bike look a lot more respectable as a dirt bike :-)

Old 12-08-2010, 10:13 PM
1st Gear Member

The light works as good as new on mine after 1000 miles. Trouble is, even when new it was never very bright and is tucked up under the fender. I got the plain red one for maximum brightness and the light is so-so which means you need to be able to sacrifice some safety for better looks and utility.

I was able to modify my OEM signals to fit. They work just fine.

Easy install.

Old 12-08-2010, 10:37 PM
1st Gear Member

You must cut and solder the wires, not too hard but you are cuttin wires, I didn't like mine once installed so I cut my wires twice and went back to stock.

Old 12-08-2010, 10:41 PM
1st Gear Member

Mine works well and saves weight. I had to make a fixture to mount the tag. Small, light and it works.

Old 12-09-2010, 12:37 PM
1st Gear Member

i love the look of mine becuase it gives the sporty look, but the running light is not very BRIGHT.
i do have that 12 o'clock designs mod tho, and it make the rake light split in 2 and act as turn signals when you hit the button.
the flashing brake light is very bright on the other hand.

Old 12-17-2010, 11:10 PM
1st Gear Member
Default edge + 12 0'clock board

Just installed an edge light with the 12 o'clock mod.

Video of tail light

It seems like the light sits a little far back, like if someone it too close they wont see the signal. Anyone else notice this? Besides that it was a piece of cake to install. The 12 o'clock labs guys were great to deal with.

Old 12-18-2010, 02:06 AM
1st Gear Member

That is the reason I went back to stock as I didn't feel that it was visible enough on my bike, not even sure it was totally legal like that.

Old 12-19-2010, 04:39 PM
1st Gear Member

What? No blinkers? No wire cutting is required to get the OEM signals to work.

Old 12-19-2010, 07:23 PM
1st Gear Member

with the 12 o'clock labs mod, the light basically splits in half and when you hit the signal button, that half either blinks or chases across, it also does a full chase.
its perty cool, i have it on mine.
and no wire cutting at all, im sure if you wanted blinkers, which i am considering, you could splice the wire and add them. i was thinkin some flush mounts but i dont know, ill have to see what i do.

Quick Reply: edge tail light