Edge kit & Zeta's

Search this Thread

Old 02-14-2011, 02:51 AM
1st Gear Member
Default Edge kit & Zeta's

Just got my Pro-taper SE kx high bars and zeta guards w/LED's installed. Im really happy with the look overall and the feel of the pro-tapers. The edge kit was super easy to install and the 12 o'clock lab guys are really helpful and friendly guys. Only thing a little weird I noticed in the video is that the running light comes on as half when I shut off the turn signal on the "off-flash" if that makes sense, after a break tap it goes back to full. I thought i share my thoughts and some pics/vid with you guys

vid

Last edited by Illking; 02-14-2011 at 02:57 AM.
Old 02-14-2011, 09:18 AM
1st Gear Member

Nice !! I also like the little rear mirror. Where did you get that from ?

I was going to do away with mine altogether, but then realized that I use them too much. If I could get something less con****ious though, then maybe that'll do.

Old 02-14-2011, 04:20 PM
1st Gear Member

Nice! You need to improve your taste in music though.

Where does a person get a trick tail light set-up like that?

Old 02-14-2011, 05:20 PM
1st Gear Member

The mirror is a bar-end mirror off eBay and tail light is edge light with 12 o'clock labs mod available from 12o'clock labs. I like to think I'm pretty diverse in my music taste. But hey not every one likes a bloody steak, to each there own.

Last edited by Illking; 02-14-2011 at 07:32 PM.
Old 02-14-2011, 08:27 PM
1st Gear Member

Nice. I like the blink, then solid brake light. Looks like it would get attention. I would check with the 12oclock guys to see if that is the way the signal part of it should operate. Rock on
Dan

Old 02-17-2011, 02:05 AM
1st Gear Member

Did you notice a big improvement on the Stage 2 and TBR pipe? Which did you do first? End can or just both at the same time.

Reason I ask is because i'm about to follow route down the same road.. Cosmetically and mechanically. Though I think I'm going to find it very hard to stay away from a 351 kit.

However I only picked up my Kwaka last Saturday, so one step at a time.. Edge Kit will be ordered tomorrow and then maybe the Zeta's or end can / Stage2... and finally a 351.. oh and its a SF instead of an S.

Old 02-17-2011, 03:42 PM
1st Gear Member

I cant speak for any improvments. Im the 3rd owner of this 09 & i got it with the TBR pipe, when i pulled the carb to install the jet kit it was already installed. i did move the needle clip and turn out the mixture screw 2.5 and i noticed it starts a little easier. But ive never ridden a stock klx. Im happy with the performance and I came off a crf250x. I do miss the suspension though.

Old 02-19-2011, 03:18 PM
1st Gear Member

I just ordered Pro Taper MX Low bars for my 09SF. I'd like to add the Zeta handguards with the LED's. I also have the Edge2 tail light and the 12 O'Clock Labs circuit board coming. What was the install like for the Zetas? Did you order the straight or curved hand protectors? And, do the front turn signals flash at the same rate as the rears?

Nice write up and good videos. I will do the same when all my stuff arrives.

Old 02-20-2011, 07:33 PM
1st Gear Member

Originally Posted by G19Tony
I just ordered Pro Taper MX Low bars for my 09SF. I'd like to add the Zeta handguards with the LED's. I also have the Edge2 tail light and the 12 O'Clock Labs circuit board coming. What was the install like for the Zetas? Did you order the straight or curved hand protectors? And, do the front turn signals flash at the same rate as the rears?

Nice write up and good videos. I will do the same when all my stuff arrives.
I ordered the curved hand protectors, and the install was easy only exception was there very little clearance for access to allen bolts on clamps, stock levers and master cylander banjo bolt. A smidge of patience and your set! And yes, flashers all the same rate.

*CORRECTION* on the 12 o'clock labs edge kit. The brake light does go back to full after turn signal it just has a slight almost 5 sec delay if that, I just didnt give it a chance to switch back itself in the video. Im really happy with it, just wanted to make it clear that it is fully functioning and there is just a small delay in the transition

Old 02-21-2011, 01:58 AM
1st Gear Member

Originally Posted by Illking
I ordered the curved hand protectors, and the install was easy only exception was there very little clearance for access to allen bolts on clamps, stock levers and master cylander banjo bolt. A smidge of patience and your set! And yes, flashers all the same rate.

*CORRECTION* on the 12 o'clock labs edge kit. The brake light does go back to full after turn signal it just has a slight almost 5 sec delay if that, I just didnt give it a chance to switch back itself in the video. Im really happy with it, just wanted to make it clear that it is fully functioning and there is just a small delay in the transition
Thanks for the info. Is wiring the Zeta's difficult? I'm probably going to go with the straight guards. It looks like there might be a little more room inside them. Do your levers bump up against the inside of the handguards? Sorry for the questions. But I appreciate the info.

Quick Reply: Edge kit & Zeta's