Dynojet Kit

Search this Thread

Old 03-22-2007, 11:17 AM
1st Gear Member
Default Dynojet Kit

Hiya's

I am about to purchase a dynojet kit for my 07 klx250.

I have had some great advice from TeamKLX250 (Garry) who has said to get the kit for KLX300 p/n 2206.

I was just looking on the Dynojet website and notice a new kit for a

KAW 07 KX250F 2113

http://www.dynojet.com/jetkits/motorcycle/kawasaki.aspxis the link.

The very back page of my owners manual says KLX250H.

Could that be the correct one for my bike? Or should I take Garry's advice and get the KLX300 p/n 2206 kit?

Thanks in advance

Glen

Old 03-22-2007, 03:03 PM
1st Gear Member
Default RE: Dynojet Kit

I have the KLX300 Jet Kit and it, with the crank breather mod, no lid and drilling the stock exhaust works very well. Why did I get the kit over the parts from Kawi? Because the kit has been tested and tuned to work correctly. Not one person here (well one person, but with way more mods) has ever put thier bike on the dyno with a sniffer to say if the settings they are using are rich, lean or right. And looking at the posts, there about as many variations as there are members. Not to say anyone is right or wrong, but I sort of wanted something I could just use out of the box and never second guess.

Plus, with the Dynojet kit, when I upgrade to a new exhaust I have the jets and settings waiting for me, no more ordering or adjusting.

For me, the extra $10 or $15 the kit cost was well worth the peace of mind it offered.

BTW, that kit for the KX250 IS NOT THE RIGHT ONE for our bikes, only the KLX300 kit works in our bikes. I got mine off of Amazon.com (amazingly enough) it was $45 with free shipping.

Old 03-22-2007, 03:47 PM

ORIGINAL: marc11

I have the KLX300 Jet Kit and it, with the crank breather mod, no lid and drilling the stock exhaust works very well. Why did I get the kit over the parts from Kawi? Because the kit has been tested and tuned to work correctly. Not one person here (well one person, but with way more mods) has ever put thier bike on the dyno with a sniffer to say if the settings they are using are rich, lean or right. And looking at the posts, there about as many variations as there are members. Not to say anyone is right or wrong, but I sort of wanted something I could just use out of the box and never second guess.

Plus, with the Dynojet kit, when I upgrade to a new exhaust I have the jets and settings waiting for me, no more ordering or adjusting.

For me, the extra $10 or $15 the kit cost was well worth the peace of mind it offered.

BTW, that kit for the KX250 IS NOT THE RIGHT ONE for our bikes, only the KLX300 kit works in our bikes. I got mine off of Amazon.com (amazingly enough) it was $45 with free shipping.
+1, I still have extra stuff from the FMF kit I bought. I understand what Iowa is saying about stocker parts, but it's like saying a largerCFM Stocker typecarb for my jeep is better than an Edlebrock Performeronly because it's astocker part. If the kit is designed for the application it is being used for then I wouldn't sweatit and wouldn't think twice about not having to piece the thing together. Just my .02 cents and not verywell thought out either............ it's early.

Old 03-22-2007, 03:58 PM

Does the Dynojet kit come with it's own emulsion tube?....(dyna jets fit it but stock Kawi jets don't?) I thought I might get the kit for the 300 thinking that it might have the correct jets for both my 250 and 300 if I get lucky.
One thing that I've learned about the dynojet kits (this is on my Harleys) is that drilling the slide and installing the lighter spring can cause the slide the "flutter" at constant throttle...I've seen it happen on every install....I don't think this would be a factor on offroad bikes where we're not typically cruising around in a constant throttle range.

Old 03-22-2007, 04:18 PM
1st Gear Member

No it doesn't come with its own tube. I know what you are saying about the springs, I have had that happen on other bikes too. This kit uses the stock springs and drilling the slide seems to be a universally accepted practice. I've not noticed any flutter or hesitation with this set up.

Old 03-22-2007, 04:22 PM
JB1
1st Gear Member

I wouldnt buy the dynojet kit. It comes with a bunch of extra main jets you wont need. I also like the kawi needle jet better than the aftermarket dynojet kit, fits better. Also the dynojet kitdoesnt include a new pilot jet so you may need to order that anyway and thats $10.

Heres some stock numbers for you:

16009-1912--------Needle-Jet,N1TC

92143-1667--------Needle Collar (required for N1TC needle)

92037-1401--------Clamp, Needle Jet (Clip, required for N1TC needle)

92063-1069--------#125 Main Jet

92063-1074--------#128 Main Jet

92064-1108--------#40 Pilot Jet

Also If I were you I would order the www.koubalink.com adj fuel/air screw but its optional.

KFS-3--------------Koubalink adjustable air/fuel t-handle

You can get all the parts you need plus a new pilot jet for $49.41 shipped from www.bikebandit.com and they are factory parts...seems like a no brainer to me.

Old 03-22-2007, 04:34 PM

Since we are on this topic and I am pretty much a retard on carbs what does the pilot do. I used the instructions that came with the Dynojet kit. It didn't say anything about the Pilot from my old man recollection. I did the needle and main 132 and she runs great, a little rich but not enough to take the carb back off and fart with it. Help a dumb@ss out.

Old 03-22-2007, 04:42 PM
1st Gear Member
1st Gear Member

I bought the Dynojet kit because it has extra mainjets... I guarantee if you buy just one mainjet you'll be thinking to yourself "is this main too rich or too lean"... Well with the Dynojet kit, you have 4 jets you can play with...

And to confirm what marc11 said, the KX250F kit is NOT correct. Get the KLX300 kit #2206.

Old 03-22-2007, 04:45 PM

My understanding is that the pilot jet allows flow at idle, then shortly into the rev the main kicks in. (somebody correct me if I'm wrong)

Quick Reply: Dynojet Kit