dualsport magazines?

Search this Thread

Old 11-17-2007, 01:53 AM
1st Gear Member
Default dualsport magazines?

Anybody know if there are any mags that cater to the dual sportriders. Theyprint them for everything else, why not us too!!

Old 11-17-2007, 02:04 AM
1st Gear Member
Default RE: dualsport magazines?

I found this in my search.

http://www.dualsportnews.com/

Old 11-17-2007, 03:06 AM
1st Gear Member

Here's a snip from dualsportnews.com

In August of 2006 Adventure Motorcycle was added to the Dual Sport News magazine name. Nothing else has changed. The longtime theme, content, and integrity remains the same. Featuring Adventure Touring, Dualsport, and Trailbike topics, this magazine has become the leader in its field. Join the Adventure!
I take this to mean they'll be covering the big adventure bikes. (R1200GS, KTM950 Adventure, V-Strom, etc.) Oh well [&o]

Old 11-17-2007, 03:22 AM
1st Gear Member

Dual Sport News covers smaller stuff too. It has articles on adventure riding in the US and abroad, tests on bikes from the XT 225 to the BMW R1200 GS Adventure and last month a test on the new for 08 KLR 650. It's a small magazine put out by Tobin Lampson from Ojai, California. How do I know all this? My wife and I write for them from time to time. If you get a subscription, ask for the past three back issues.
Also, check out www.rideok.com. Ride Oklahoma Magazine has quite a bit of Dual Sport activity. The next issue has a great story on Oklahoma's fall dual sport ride at Clayton this October. How do I know that? You guessed it...

Sorry, Icouldn't resistthe cue to plug our work...

Bill Dragoo
Norman, Oklahoma

Old 11-17-2007, 09:17 AM
Da dirty moderator
1st Gear Member

http://www.dualsportmagazine.com/

Old 11-17-2007, 09:34 AM

you can access the australian magazine called 'trailzone' top mag probably not relevant to you guys in the US but is not just about rides...its about the latest and greatest gear, bikes, tech tips etc.Google it to see the website.

Old 11-17-2007, 03:22 PM
1st Gear Member

not totally related, but i was also looking for stuff to read, and found these two. neither one had any motocross/supercross. all off-road stuff. dust magazine from here in the states, and trailbike adventure magazine from australia. tbam was great, a lot of long distance ride stories, all the bikes appear to be plated. just found dust magazine an hour or two ago, so i'll get into it and report back later. i found both at barnes and noble bookstore. sometimes they're mixed in with the mountainbike mags, so i usually check the shelves.

Old 11-17-2007, 03:50 PM
1st Gear Member
1st Gear Member

Anybody subscribe to that mag? "Dual Sport News"?
I'd like to try it out, but want to know if it's got interesting content, or is it one of those "industry rags" that's chock full of advertisements for parts distributors etc?

Old 11-17-2007, 04:49 PM
1st Gear Member

Jason,
DSN is pretty cool. Some articles are better than others, of course, but they're all written by real people in all stages of riding skill. It's just folks telling about their experiences, wherever they may happen to ride. We've dones stories about our rides ranging from here in Norman, Oklahoma, along the Canadian River, to our Dual Sport ride in China this summer. It is a privately owend magazine, not related to any manufacturer.

Hope that helps,
Bill

Old 11-17-2007, 09:21 PM
Your Humble Moderator/Admin
1st Gear Member

Did you guys see the June 2006 edition?

Quick Reply: dualsport magazines?