dropped her after one week

Search this Thread

Old 04-18-2006, 01:45 AM
Default dropped her after one week

47 miles of riding in thick sand yesterday didnt eat it once, came close about 5 times though, that sand tells u where to go, u dont just go where u want. i almost ran through a big bush and almost high sided a couple times but never dropped it, until today i pull into my parking spot at home and im doing 0 miles per hour and i dont even know what happend but it kept tipping and i couldnt hold her so it dropped, though fairly genlty. i picked it right up, made sure no one was laughing and inspected for damage. scratched my handguard a little bit and of course snapped the clutch lever ball off. is it just me or what but no matter how soft i crash my dirtbikes the lever ***** are the first thing to go. youd think they would have this problem solved by now ha ha. maybe the gods are telling me i need shorty levers.

Old 04-18-2006, 02:52 AM
1st Gear Member
Default RE: dropped her after one week

myself and sdunne have spent some extra cash and went with the shorty unbreakable cluth made by ASV.... It also has a spring in it so it will fold back on itself so it wont bend.. I will take a picture and post it soon...

Old 04-18-2006, 03:16 AM

Man I have dropped my bike so many times its not even funny, mostly it has been in really tight single track stuff that has had some unbelievable off camber corners that will not let you put your foot down even if you wanted too because the ground is so far away. The bike is still perfectly fine, just some bend marks on the hand gaurds, thats it.

Old 04-18-2006, 03:42 AM

CALISAKI,

What were we talking about? Oh, that's right, breaking the ball levers off on your bike.

This memory thing happens every time I see your avatar, it mesmerizes me. I sure do hope you know the owner of what is wearing those shorts out from the inside - that's nice stuff!

Okay, back to bikes. I work as an MSF RiderCoach. Our bikes are dropped on a regular basis. We have several dualsport bikes, some Super Sherpas and DRZ-200's. They used to have the control levers on a normal basis. Well, we did something as an experiment - we put barkbusters on one of those bikes. Guess what, we haven't replaced a lever on the bikes yet.

I run them on both my KLR650 and KLX250. Both bikes have been involved in 'unfortunate incidents' in off road situations. I still have the original levers on both of my bikes. The Barkbusters work well. I swear you could hoist the bike by them when they're installed properly.

Here's a pic of the installation. . . . .

Simple to install and not overly expensive. Try them you might like them.