DRIVEN Bar ends

Search this Thread

Old 12-30-2012, 03:40 AM
1st Gear Member
Default DRIVEN Bar ends

Just got my bar ends...Driven V1's. You'd think they'd fit right in?? WHATEVER!! I think I might just drill my bars out a tiny bit. I don't have a drill bit BIG ENOUGH for this B.S. The ends are super cool, they're nice. Should've done more research....oops. Anybody drill their bars out?? Inch and a half will do I think?!

Old 12-30-2012, 03:45 AM
1st Gear Member

I kinda want those ZETA armored hand guards....not sure if I should just say the heck with the bar ends? I don't think I'd like the hand guards? I have my grips cut off right now, ready for whatever. Does anybody on here find themselves wanting just a bit more room at the bar edge? I do. I got ASV shorty levers, still I want room for my hands. Screw it...I'll just drill 'em out. Those are the ends I wanted...and they're goin on!!!

Old 12-30-2012, 05:13 AM
1st Gear Member

Post pics when your done.

Old 12-30-2012, 07:51 AM
1st Gear Member
1st Gear Member

Originally Posted by CravingPantera
Should've done more research....oops. Anybody drill their bars out?? Inch and a half will do I think?!
Are you talking about installing hand guards? Use the search function on installing these... Some users have used a Dremel to grind the tack welds to remove the bar weights/plugs. I drilled & tapped the weights to M8x1.25 thread, purchased some countersunk bolts to fix the guards to the ends of the bars. I'm very happy with the Biketique items I brought. They are well made with a quality finish.

Attached Thumbnails DRIVEN Bar ends-dsc04194.jpg   DRIVEN Bar ends-dsc04192.jpg  
Old 12-30-2012, 01:48 PM
1st Gear Member

I drilled & tapped the weights in order to install my bark busters too. One side went well, the second side, not so much. The tap broke inside. I then had a buddy grind the weld and and weld in a nut. All is great now. I have plaenty of hand rooom with stock levers. Note: I have my levers pointing downward as I ride mainly in the dirt.

Old 12-30-2012, 04:55 PM
1st Gear Member

I put bar ends on mine
but I have a ton of drill bits at my disposal and had to use all of them
I had used a tapered bit and a large drill bit
but cant remember which sizes
took a while to do too

yes its a pain to do but I was prepared for that, ran into that issue on a bike in the past too

Old 12-30-2012, 06:33 PM
1st Gear Member

Well...11/16 is the size to drill out to. What was I thinking, a huge @ss bit, drilling into aluminum????? I didn't trash the bars, cause I stopped after the drill went crazy! Looking at it now, there won't be anything left on the ends of these Pro tapers. Shame on me....AND shame on driven for not specifying which gosh dang size bars they fit!!!!

Old 12-30-2012, 06:37 PM
1st Gear Member

Overall the easiest solution is to replace the stock bars with a better quality item. More money, maybe. It all depends how many drills, taps and easy-outs you destroy in the process of getting the bar-end weights drilled/tapped or out of the way. Your time might be worth something too.

*advice on the internet is worth every penny you paid (or less)

**oops, looks like cravingpantera posted while I was hunting n pecking at the keybored

Old 12-30-2012, 06:56 PM
1st Gear Member

These are for sale, 20.00$ there yours!!! I'M going with RIZOMA'S Conicle bar ends, super beefy, all different colors, AND THEY ACTUALLY FIT!!

Attached Thumbnails DRIVEN Bar ends-img_0002.jpg  
Old 12-31-2012, 12:08 AM
1st Gear Member

After seeing the picture of the "bar ends" I have to ask. What purpose do they serve?

Quick Reply: DRIVEN Bar ends