drag raced a KDX200

Search this Thread

Old 04-10-2009, 04:44 AM
1st Gear Member
Default drag raced a KDX200

A girl I know introduced me to a friend of hers that just bought a 2006 KDX200, his name is John. He has logged a lot of riding time in the past, but suffered a major injury, so he hasn't been out riding for a long time. I took him out to the Dayton Dirt Riders riding area to get his feet wet again. He picked things up quickly and was soon taking trails I used to be too chicken to take.

After a while, we swapped bikes, and headed down to the access road on the property and did some drag races, I was on his bike, and he on mine. He smoked me both times. He was getting better starts, and I was staying out of his roost. It was a narrow road. Victory KLX. He said he was suprised at how fast my bike was, and said he thinks I have the better bike. But that was probably in the heat of the moment. We did a lot more riding after that. I think his bike is mostly stock, and I have the Kustom Kraft 330cc kit and the Muzzy full exhaust and header, among other things. He weighs 170-175, I weigh 215.

We went back to our own bikes, and hit the access road again. WE lined up and raced. I got my front whell too high on launch, and got smoked. Victory KDX. So I guess this shows that rider ability is more important with two bikes that are closely matched.
'
But wait....

We decided to be bad for a brief moment and hit the public road, even though his bike isn't plated. The road was wider. We lined up. We raced. We were neck and neck for a while, but my KLX pulled at least a half length ahead beafore I cut the throttle around the 60mph mark. Good fun. I told him we should never again race on that road, we were just asking for trouble, but we got it out of our system. We will go riding at places better suited for those shannanigans. I would have to give my KLX a slight victory there.

That being said, I loved his bike, it felt lighter and more responsive. But I wouldn't trade.