It is done

Search this Thread

Old 09-05-2008, 04:47 PM
1st Gear Member
Default It is done

Well I got the 300 header in and put the bike together. And the muffler king is right the 300 header is the same just a little longer and a bigger opening at the end to fit a bigger pipe. The Muzzy and jet kit worked great the bike has more power in the lower gears, but I didn’t notice any difference at top end. Overall I am happy with the outcome, has anyone tried to make the bike taller? I guess I am just getting use to its height and I ride with a lot of dirtbikes I always feel like the midget of the group

Old 09-05-2008, 05:02 PM
1st Gear Member

Hey man thanks for sharing and glad you finally got everything worked out,, I would also like to know if theres away to make the bike taller,, most want it shorter but now the 09 has worn down some and I would like it to be just a tad taller lol

Old 09-05-2008, 05:12 PM
Banned
1st Gear Member

well, I won' say anything, well........yes I will. but you guys (who do) should really stop dissing me and what I'm trying to help you with. I've been around here since the gitgo, have listened to many stories and pissed alot of people off. I've read every page and know what works and what doesn't and what is recommended. People pm me weekly asking questions but never reflect that when someone attacks me or calls me the 'muffler king'. I've never just installed a muffler on my bike, I'm a full exhaust type of guy so you all should update your name you call me, makes you look even more naive.

anyways, if you want to raise your bike higher, adjust the rear ride height by adjusting your preload. that will push the bike up to it's highest most point and keep it there more by stiffening up how much the spring compresses under load; but will also make the ride firmer. you can fine tune it with the compression adjustment that is explained in your manual. the front is as high as it gets, you can only firm it up thru the compression adjustment on the bottom of the fork legs.

Old 09-05-2008, 05:17 PM
Banned
1st Gear Member

Originally Posted by 75vette
Well I got the 300 header in and put the bike together. And the muffler king is right the 300 header is the same just a little longer and a bigger opening at the end to fit a bigger pipe. The Muzzy and jet kit worked great the bike has more power in the lower gears, but I didn’t notice any difference at top end. Overall I am happy with the outcome, has anyone tried to make the bike taller? I guess I am just getting use to its height and I ride with a lot of dirtbikes I always feel like the midget of the group
don't worry about the other bikes, just concentrate on your bike. you're riding a dual-sport bike, not a MX bike so it has to be a jack of all trades unlike a full enduro or MX bike setup with only off-road riding in mind. suspension travel doesn't make or break a bike off-road. I had an '06 and that bike had nearly 2" more of travel than the '09, but the '09 is better balanced off-road than that '06 ever was because of the changes made. It also handles better on-road since it was lowered a bit but ground clearance only dropped minimally. So dont' get caught up in the travel thing, it's how well your suspension is setup and controls your weight that counts. If you wanted the 'look', you may have wanted an '06 or '07. But then you would have to sacrifice that neat little digital gauge cluster and the other updates the '09 got.

Old 09-05-2008, 05:37 PM
1st Gear Member

I was not trying to upset you, people know you as Muffler King so we call you that. It is just a nickname it is easier to recognize who you are talking about then klx owner. But if it hurts your feelings I will stop. In my post I was giving you credit for being right, I thought that would make you happy. But I don’t want to look "naive" so thank you for your help Full Exhaust King and I will try adjusting the pre load. And I would never give up the digital gauge cluster it is the thing that sticks out the most.

Old 09-05-2008, 08:20 PM
Banned
1st Gear Member

man, the disrespect just flies rampant around here. how 'bout you just take my words, listen to them if you want, don't if you don't want to. and leave me out of your learning report threads. deal?
oh, the name is Travis, Iowaguy, or whatever you can think of calling some guy from Iowa as you take time sitting at your computer thinking of me and telling me how right I was. carry on.

one other thing- I don't really need the acknowledgement of you telling me I was right publicly. I knew I was right the night I typed what I did and so did every other guy who's been around here since 2006.
You telling me I was right doesn't make me feel all gushy inside. It's the satisfaction knowing that you and your other brother newbies who said I was wrong, now know I was right and maybe, just maybe, you now know that a stock 300 header is identical to the 250S header except for a little length and a larger opening at the midpoint to accept the 300 muffler's larger mouth. Don't you think that had the 300 header been larger in diameter that it would had been the hottest mod to do to the 250S?

Last edited by 09KLXowner; 09-06-2008 at 05:28 AM.
Old 09-05-2008, 09:45 PM
1st Gear Member

wow...

Old 09-05-2008, 09:52 PM
1st Gear Member

Man I gave you a name and you won't use it, you are the King of the mufflers Use it and and they will come. Hey If anyone has a ? of mufflers Head pipes or gearing,jetting, your the king thats why you are the muffler king. Don't fight it wear it as a badge of honor!

Last edited by kgwld1; 09-05-2008 at 09:57 PM.
Old 09-05-2008, 09:54 PM
1st Gear Member

You are the one in the 300 header thread that said I bet you don't have the ***** to post that you are wrong. So I came back posted that you are correct, you can never make up your mind. Why don’t you just sit back relax and use this forum like it is supposed to be, a group of riders that try and help each other out with there bikes. You are always bashing people’s ideas and throwing around Noob every other post you write. Guess what there is going to be new members all the time and you might have to answer the same question twice get over it. Sit back have a beer and eat your corn and relax. Don't take everything personal. Just remember life is a bch if it was a ***** it would be easy.

Old 09-06-2008, 01:30 AM
1st Gear Member

Was that the Ebay pipe I posted?
Glad it all worked out for you.
Want some more top end. Go #132 main jet or bigger.:

Quick Reply: It is done