View Poll Results: A poll
Yes, I Want Kawasaki Forums to Follow the Rules.
81.48%
No, I Want Kawasaki Forums to Ignore the Rules.
18.52%
Voters: 27. You may not vote on this poll

Do You Want This Forum To Be Run By The Rules?

Search this Thread

Old 12-22-2006, 09:55 PM
Default RE: Do You Want This Forum To Be Run By The Rules?

I respect that man and will defend You Or Anybody's right to have there feelings heard
As the tear runs down my face now, i look back and think, wow thats one sensitive "man"

what ahhhhhhhh, Love????

Old 12-22-2006, 10:07 PM
1st Gear Member

ORIGINAL: LordVngr

Ok I voted NO and here's why.

First off I really dont care as I will say what I want when I want, always have, always will.
I didnt read all the posts but I read a few and some of the comments I really agree witrh are as follows.

1 - Who makes the rules and Who enforces them.

People who run the boards and there modirators Sometimes run these sites like there own personnal kingdoms. IE they can say what They Want but You cant respond to it or face getting Banned if you do. I discovered this personnaly when I first joined this board. I wont name names and we have since come to a understanding But it Almost drove me away.

2 - When you run a Forum board like the military You Will Drive People Away. What good is a forum that has 10-15 close members and nobody else. It's Not a Forum. Forums are about Open Discussion and sometimes this will **** people off. You can express your opnion if you want, You can Flame if you want , BUT Be Prepared to get Flamed back.And when you do dont go crying to some admin saying Ohh he said this about me and insulted me.

3 - IowaGuy is a *****, I'm a *****, Half of you guys out there are ******. Hell were all ******. I havent been on ina while but I know how Iowaguy is and thats just who he is accept him or dont accept him but Thats the way He Is.

4 - If you cant stand the heat get the F*ck out of the kitchen. Half the people up here who are talking about enforcing rules are the Same ****** who insulted me and threatened to throw me off the board. Yet when I slammed them back they either disappeared for a few days or started crying about how They were insulted. It would be Easy to Name names or give subjects to search under but I wont.

5 - Bottom line, the Surest way to Kill this forum is to make it a place where only certain people can say what they want while Others are told they cant or they are banned. It's usually the People Making the Rules that are the Ones who Dont Follow them.

I'm out of here. ( No I'm Not leaving the Forum ) Take Care.......

LV
I think you'll find that the mods of this forum have been fairly lite handed compared to some other virtual communities but at the end of the day, those that fund the operation and put their sweat into running it have the final say. Don't like it? Start your own board.

I try hard to keep tabs on all the posts here and offer gentle reminders to those that cross the line via PM. So far, it's mostly worked. I'd like to see it stay that way.

Have all the opinions you want, just keep the personal attacks to yourself and we'll all be fine.

Old 12-22-2006, 11:09 PM
1st Gear Member

ORIGINAL: bmwhd

I think you'll find that the mods of this forum have been fairly lite handed compared to some other virtual communities but at the end of the day, those that fund the operation and put their sweat into running it have the final say. Don't like it? Start your own board.

I try hard to keep tabs on all the posts here and offer gentle reminders to those that cross the line via PM. So far, it's mostly worked. I'd like to see it stay that way.

Have all the opinions you want, just keep the personal attacks to yourself and we'll all be fine.
What you say makes a lot of sense but a few things you might be missing.

The problems I have had with people here Were Not Admins Or Moderators, Just people who thought because they Knew People who run this board they could say what they want to me and Threaten me by saying they were going to get me thrown off this board.

You can run as heavy handed board as you want. you will accomplish nothing but driving Most People away and all's you will be left with will be a few people who think just like you do. Thats not much of a forum in my opnion.

I also run a websiteso I understand about time, costs, and effortBut Admins run a board For Themselves no matter what they may say to Others. I run my website for myself just like the admins of this board run it for Themselves.

You say you wont tolarate personnal attacks but you already have. When the Same People get on here and Bad mouth Harleys and Harley Owners Over and Over again I would Consider That a Personnal Attack and Yet I have Never Seen You Post Anything about this Nor Say Anything to the People who are Making thosepersonnal attacks. I dont think I need to name Names as I'm sure You Know who I'm talking about. You Know like the guy who Started this thread or the guy who keeps his bike super clean. From what Ive seen the admins of this board Defend the people who are Making the Personnal Attacks and Not Those who are being attacked.

For myself, I can take care of myself and If someone is going to bad mouth harleys and their owners then I Will Respond to those attacks as is My Right. I have never had a Problem with You Personnaly and hope I dont Now But threatning people is not the best way to run a Website or a Forum.

If your going to have a Forum Policy it should Be for Everyone and not for everyone But a Few Select people who are your friends.That is what I have seen on this board and That's why I dont come back to much anymore. But hey it's your board and you can drive away anybody you want. Do It Enough and you wont have anybody left except for the few close buds and it will be one Boring forum. You can say what you want about people like me and Iowaguy but We make Your Forum Interesting.

LV

Old 12-23-2006, 12:40 AM
1st Gear Member

Hello McFly, this is a Kawasaki site. It is called kawasakiforums, not kawasaki(but also sensitive to other brands)forums. Of course people are going to bad mouth other brands of bikes. This site is mild compared to other brand specific sites out there.

Old 12-23-2006, 01:33 AM
1st Gear Member

ORIGINAL: 2k1w=no$

Hello McFly, this is a Kawasaki site. It is called kawasakiforums, not kawasaki(but also sensitive to other brands)forums. Of course people are going to bad mouth other brands of bikes. This site is mild compared to other brand specific sites out there.
Thats Fine DH.

Is IT Also A Site where you can Bad Mouth Other Bikes and then Run to the Admins/Moderators when you get a Responce from Someone You Dont Like.

I've been on Many Forums Too and This Particuler Forum Section is the Worst One Ive seen for people Who Start Crap But Cant Defend it. And then when "They "Get Insulted they go Running to the Moderator of the Forum Section Just like the Winer who Started this thread did.

Then the Moderator tries to treat the Members like Children and threathens to throw them off Instead of Letting the Forum and it's Members work things out which is what Always Happens on site like this. I'm Sure the Real Admin of this Site Understands that Just Like I Do. HI Darling, Merry Christmas.

Your Respondingto My Post AndYou Know Nothing About it. I'm not saying you cant talk bad about Other Brands of Bikes.I'm saying If you Talk Bad about Me or My Harley I'm going to talk Bad about You and What You Ride. I CanHandle That, Can You.I've found Most People who Talk Bad about Harleys dont have the ***** to ride a Harley.

Finally My Handle is Lord Venger and Not McFly. What Does Your Handle Stand For Anyway. Is that some sort of Super Secret Code Formula. If You Dont Mind, I will just Call You Dick Head. If thats OK with You and I Wont Offend You. You Really dont want to Mess With Me Boy. I Will cut you off at the Knees Everytime.

LV

Old 12-23-2006, 02:14 AM
Super Moderator

ORIGINAL: LordVngr

Ok I voted NO and here's why.

First off I really dont care as I will say what I want when I want, always have, always will.
I didnt read all the posts but I read a few and some of the comments I really agree witrh are as follows.

1 - Who makes the rules and Who enforces them.

People who run the boards and there modirators Sometimes run these sites like there own personnal kingdoms. IE they can say what They Want but You cant respond to it or face getting Banned if you do. I discovered this personnaly when I first joined this board. I wont name names and we have since come to a understanding But it Almost drove me away.

2 - When you run a Forum board like the military You Will Drive People Away. What good is a forum that has 10-15 close members and nobody else. It's Not a Forum. Forums are about Open Discussion and sometimes this will **** people off. You can express your opnion if you want, You can Flame if you want , BUT Be Prepared to get Flamed back.And when you do dont go crying to some admin saying Ohh he said this about me and insulted me.

3 - IowaGuy is a *****, I'm a *****, Half of you guys out there are ******. Hell were all ******. I havent been on ina while but I know how Iowaguy is and thats just who he is accept him or dont accept him but Thats the way He Is.

4 - If you cant stand the heat get the F*ck out of the kitchen. Half the people up here who are talking about enforcing rules are the Same ****** who insulted me and threatened to throw me off the board. Yet when I slammed them back they either disappeared for a few days or started crying about how They were insulted. It would be Easy to Name names or give subjects to search under but I wont.

5 - Bottom line, the Surest way to Kill this forum is to make it a place where only certain people can say what they want while Others are told they cant or they are banned. It's usually the People Making the Rules that are the Ones who Dont Follow them.

I'm out of here. ( No I'm Not leaving the Forum ) Take Care.......

LV

and Deej go clean something

Old 12-23-2006, 03:18 AM
1st Gear Member

mods/admins: can we just lock, delete, burn with gasoline, then spread the ashes of this thread... its like picking at an open wound and obviously not conducive to the general well being or pleasant atmosphere im sure u wish to maintain on this board.
thanks.

Old 12-23-2006, 03:59 AM
1st Gear Member

Wow lord venger huh, is that a someone from Harry Potter? I am not sure whomy handlestands forbut the only name I could find on my handle said Glock. I have no problem with riding an old harley, not an over commericalized piece of junk they are making today. By the way when you bought your harley did you get a free tee shirt that say someones Harley Davison in some town that no one cares about like 95% of the other harley riders?

Old 12-23-2006, 05:35 AM
1st Gear Member

FWIW, LV, I for one have tried hard to be an equal opportunity sender of PMs to those that seem to be attacking anyone.

Having owned 3 HDs myself, I can appreciate that it gets old having all of us lumped into one catagory by those that don't favor the brand. I'll endevour to be more vigilant on that score.

For those of you that feel you have to cross post every cute anti-HD post you see somewhere else on the net, take it on over to JM on ADVrider, they'll love you for it.

Old 12-23-2006, 05:42 PM
Super Moderator

HD's get flamed so bad by sport-bikers because of the all the sh%t they have always dished out about Jap bikes.

People ride for different reasons, some like to cruise and like the handle that seems to come with the HD.
Others prefer to ride a race style bike and perfer turning and speedto cruising.

All in all it just comes down to ride your own ride, I say it is okay to be proud of what you prefer and saying Jap bikes suck or HD are unreliable over pricedtrash is just part of it!

Any way Merry Christmas, Happy Hanukkah, piece and good will bla bla bla bla.

Quick Reply: Do You Want This Forum To Be Run By The Rules?