View Poll Results: A poll
Yes, I Want Kawasaki Forums to Follow the Rules.
81.48%
No, I Want Kawasaki Forums to Ignore the Rules.
18.52%
Voters: 27. You may not vote on this poll

Do You Want This Forum To Be Run By The Rules?

Search this Thread

Old 12-17-2006, 07:39 AM
Default RE: Do You Want This Forum To Be Run By The Rules?

Is there one particular post that "inspired" you to create this poll? If so which one?
I looked through IOWAGUYS posts reading the entire thread and didn't find anything way over the top.
I say let the group "police" itself.

Old 12-17-2006, 07:54 AM

I think its fine here, honestly. If we are all big enough to buy motorcycles and have homes and families, we can put up with a little riff raff from an internet poster who choses to be an idiot. I think its fine to tell someone he is an idiot, when he choses to act like one... its not like the entire board has digressed into a massive flame fest.

Let the show go one, if he bothers you don't reply. If you want to ruffle some feathers, do it. Its what he wants to do, play his game and have some fun.

Old 12-17-2006, 09:26 AM
Your Humble Moderator/Admin
1st Gear Member

ORIGINAL: Rusty FJ

Rules, as in I cannot call a POS troublesome truck a "annoying B@stard" any more, that kinda stuff, or do you meen flaming? cause for flaming you start a "fight club" like we have at my other forum

fight club sub-forum
Hey buddy, one of the things that I have appreciated about this forum is that for the most part, people here don't use language that might offend some people, now that being said, I am not going to stop reading all of the posts, but it sure makes me skip over the ones that have it in it. Just food for thought. Later man.

Old 12-17-2006, 09:41 AM
1st Gear Member

ORIGINAL: gotrice

Wow guys!!! I just read every post from iowaguy. Most of the comments came across as "sarcastic opinions". On the on the other hand, everyone who replyed just played into it. It just seemed to escalate. I do see the point of this poll, but i dont believe we can single any-one person out this time. We had more than enough comebacks and pics that were inaproperate. Also a poll like this should only be put up by an admin. This poll is only going to add fuel to the fire. So here are my suggestions:

Problem- Mild annoying people will be part of any fourm.
Solution- just dont reply or respond to the post

problem-personal attacks
solutio- dont reply or respond to post/report via PM to admin

problem- you can not control yourself and you need to respond (for what ever reason you may have)
Solution- keep it to PM/if it gets out of hand PM admin and block the person

i dont want to see anyone leave or get banned. This forum has alot of great people. The 250 section i a major part of this forum, so you guys and gals are gonna have a few more problems than most. Lets deal with it, and move on. Lets not bring the negative attention to this forum.
spot on gotrice, I didn't vote either. I have had some moments with the odd person but nothing to get into a lather about.

cheers

Garry

Old 12-17-2006, 04:09 PM
1st Gear Member

LOL!If we cloned your brain and put it in everyone's head, I guess there would be no problem. If we all thought and reacted alike, there wouldn't be much group dynamics going-on here either. Maybe that's part of the reason we are all wired just a bit different.

If someone were to compare your enthusiam and intest in tweaking and modding your motorcycle to an'alchoholic that denies heis anaddict' after telling you he works with alcholics daily,you might find that allusion humorous, wheras the guy sitting right next to you might find it a bitcondescending andbecome irritated....Especially if the guyoffering-up the allusiondoesn't include himself as one of the guys in denial about his 'addiction.'

'What's all the fuss' is understood by me and more than a few others, but it really doesn't get any closer to a resolution of what many consider to be an issue right now.

LettheAdmins look at itthen let the chips fall where they may.

ORIGINAL: gotrice

Wow guys!!! I just read every post from iowaguy. Most of the comments came across as "sarcastic opinions". On the on the other hand, everyone who replyed just played into it. It just seemed to escalate. I do see the point of this poll, but i dont believe we can single any-one person out this time. We had more than enough comebacks and pics that were inaproperate. Also a poll like this should only be put up by an admin. This poll is only going to add fuel to the fire. So here are my suggestions:

Problem- Mild annoying people will be part of any fourm.
Solution- just dont reply or respond to the post

problem-personal attacks
solutio- dont reply or respond to post/report via PM to admin

problem- you can not control yourself and you need to respond (for what ever reason you may have)
Solution- keep it to PM/if it gets out of hand PM admin and block the person

i dont want to see anyone leave or get banned. This forum has alot of great people. The 250 section i a major part of this forum, so you guys and gals are gonna have a few more problems than most. Lets deal with it, and move on. Lets not bring the negative attention to this forum.

Old 12-17-2006, 06:06 PM
1st Gear Member

Edited because it doesn't matter anymore

Iowaguy I still hope we can put all of this behind us, and get back on track. From me personally that means to really watch what I say, while still having fun and sharing ideas. I know there is a balance to be had there, we all struggle with that. Take care.

It feels good to get back on track.

Old 12-17-2006, 06:12 PM
Da dirty moderator
1st Gear Member

Maybe he meant one of these tools.... they could be useful ... i just love havin fun...

Old 12-17-2006, 06:57 PM
1st Gear Member

Hey man knock it off...I'm getting all...well never mind, I must have allergies of something. If you were here we would have to do one of those guy hugs with the a hand in between for safety.

Quick Reply: Do You Want This Forum To Be Run By The Rules?