View Poll Results: A poll
Yes, I Want Kawasaki Forums to Follow the Rules.
81.48%
No, I Want Kawasaki Forums to Ignore the Rules.
18.52%
Voters: 27. You may not vote on this poll

Do You Want This Forum To Be Run By The Rules?

Search this Thread

Old 12-16-2006, 10:05 PM
Default Do You Want This Forum To Be Run By The Rules?

This section of the forum has gotten way out of hand. Has been getting worse as time goes by. It would be simple to just walk away, however there is too much good information and people here. We have had a couple of folks that feel as though it is their God given right to tell eveyone that they are wrong, incorrect, idiots, stupid, don't know what they're talking about, etc;.

Kawasaki Forums has a rule against just that action. I don't know about the rest of you, but I am quite tired of the harrassment that continues to happen here and I want to have something done about it.

However, I want to make sure that I am not alone in me feelings.

All I am asking is a "Yeah" or a "Nay" from you. A signature is not necessary.

I will give this poll until Friday to complete. Depending on the out come of the poll, I will decide what comes next.

Thank you very much.

Old 12-16-2006, 10:40 PM
Your Humble Moderator/Admin
1st Gear Member
Default RE: Do You Want This Forum To Be Run By The Rules?

Hmmmm 10 people have viewed this and I am the first to vote? Anyway Not only do I agree with Marty 100%, I have been asked and I have accepted a more proactive role in this section of the forum. So while this poll is something to consider, there will soon be some tightening up of all of the rules that need to be applied to recent issues here. I guess what I am saying is that the rules apply to all of us, and that's the only way it will work. Think of it this way, we all have a chance to do a reset, and to move forward in a mutual respectful way. It's sad that we now have the most threads and posts and yet the other sections are just waiting for us to self destruct. I for one hope we can get back on track. If anyone has a definite feeling about a certain group of people or the bikes they ride, this should be left out of the forum. Thanks.

Old 12-16-2006, 10:42 PM

Exactly what are "The Rules" ?? and if it means drop kicking Iowaguy thru the goal posts of life the next time he decides to ignore social tact and insults someone while calling it his opinion - then I'm all for it.

Old 12-16-2006, 11:03 PM
1st Gear Member

Rules, as in I cannot call a POS troublesome truck a "annoying B@stard" any more, that kinda stuff, or do you meen flaming? cause for flaming you start a "fight club" like we have at my other forum

fight club sub-forum

Old 12-16-2006, 11:17 PM
1st Gear Member

I'm in.. +1 for tighter controls...

Old 12-17-2006, 12:26 AM
1st Gear Member

Rules can be good and bad. I agree that some of the attacks and opinions are a little out of line and should come to an end, but you also need to look at the other side if the rules are followed exactly. The guys in this section are a close bunch and like to share things with each other weather it is about the klx, his/her life, a joke, or anything else. Personaly I don't mind reading about this, it makes you feel more welcome. But to some people and iowaguy has personally expressed this, this is a klx250s forum, and if rules were fully enforced this would limit all activity in this section to klx250s related topics, no jokes, no ride reports, no pics that didn't have aklx in it, and no nothing else that didn't have to do with a klx.(there are other sections on this site to address this stuff). Andif the rules were enforced who is going to make the decision on what will offend one person. No one knows what will offend someone else and if everything were to be deleated that may possibly offend someone this would beone of the blandest sites out there. What I am asking everyone is to show some respect toeach other,if you open a topic and aren't interested in what it says, or think it isstupid, or think the person that wrote is dumb just close it back up and never open it again you don't need to post your oppinion about it. If someone makes a postthat you don't like in a topic that you like looking at just skip over it, if it isan attack at someoneor something that really offendsyou report it to a mod. They will make a decision on weather it is accepectable and if they should delete it. Completly following the rules willend the attacks/flaming in this section but it will also end a lot of other goodthings that go on in here. With that being said I will let everyone know thatI votedNO the rules should not be enforced, I think we all can act like adults in here and continue on . Jeff

Old 12-17-2006, 12:30 AM
1st Gear Member

rules are always a good thing. its the application of them that can be tough... whatever the mods do on this board regarding rules they need to always remember that being board ***** will do nothing but destroy the board, seen it b4 and im sure ill see it again.. just something to keep in mind..... if its certain people that are causing this thread.. instead of a public notice, why not start sending pm's to the offenders and if they dont straighten up theirs always the "ban ip" button......
just some food for thought.

edit: i didnt vote as i dont agree with this thread and the message it sends.... problems are best handled privately as i stated as to cause as little disruption to the board as poss..........

Old 12-17-2006, 12:41 AM
Da dirty moderator
1st Gear Member

Im not gonna vote, but if someone is so concerned pm an administrator or something if you that worried... but personally i think people take things too personal... constructive critisim... but straight out attacking someone is wrong... i know this has alot behind it, and has been going on for awhile...Unless someone personally attacks someone else i dont see anything wrong with speaking ones mind...[8D]

Old 12-17-2006, 01:05 AM
1st Gear Member

I agree that we don't want this site to NOT be fun or uninteresting, and I think you all bring up some very good points in each the above posts about being weary of 'enforcing the rules' and the consequences of tightening them too much.

I guess I was thinking that by voting for stricter enforcement of the established, documented rules, that we would be sending a message to the adminstrators to take a bit more action earlier with folks who's postings are continously derailing this forum.

I'm quite sure that I have posted things that have not been in 100% complience with the rules.

I would hope that if I was deemed to be causing my fellow forum members to have to spend more time addressing my postings then focusing on new riding opportunities, technologies, ideas and suggestions , that the admins would have sent me two or three warnings which, if left unheeded, would have left me unable to post. I expect this would have been all behind the scenes and I'm not sure that that is not going on right now in some cases where needed.

I voted for tighter controls to signal the adminsistrators that I would like them to address frequency issues more quickly with individuals as well as threads. I have to agree with Marty that some situations are getting out of control and I feel this is causing us all to have to spend a larger percentage of our time reading, addressing or responding to such issues rather then sharing solutions.. Personally, I don't think that is a healty trend.

Lastly, I'm guessing that if one is an administator, they would have to use their best judgement for each give situation.. and from what I've seen so far, they have been pretty good at letting things run until they sense a train wreck. I would guess they are on top of current issues too.

I vote we keep the zerbras and empower them to address a broader set of issues then just individual threads if the frequency exists.

Probably just 1.5 cents worth but you know how it goes.....

Old 12-17-2006, 01:43 AM
Admin
1st Gear Member

We are sort've off in our own little world in the KLX250S section. 2k1w=no$ and jsac both make good points and I think the gist boils down to the very things that make this section fun to hang out in also tends to create a certain degree of non-conformity with the rest of the KF site. I'm speaking of the largely off-topic nature of many of our threads. Rightly or wrongly, I tend view this KLX250S section as kind've like an on-line shop where we can go and share ideas, BS, and joke around with each other, with the knowledge that the rest of the forum members are also KLX250S owners or at least have an interest in the bike which is the common theme that tends to bind us. The site admins would probably rather that off-topic discussion happen in the off-topic section of the site. So I guess if the rules are enforced as written, while it would take care of the insults and snide comments it would also damage the coziness that has developed in the '250S section.

I have to admit that the insults are far less than what they used to be a few months ago. New members won't see those because the admins deleted those threads and the viscious personal attacks included in them. So right now things are pretty mild by comparison to then. But I would not like to see things get to the point that they were at that time. I think a lot of people bailed from this forum during that time and never came back because of it.

So there needs to be some balance - retain what makes the forum fun, but not let the personal attacks and negativity go too far.

And on the flip-side of that, the KF site would benefit if more people ventured out of the KLX250S section and made some more "off-topic" posts in the actual off-topic section, the "joke" section, the "general tech" section, etc. The same thing that makes the KLX section fun also makes the rest of the site fun too. There's lots of good folks on this site. Explore the other sections a bit and see what's going on. Prime example - there's the Bike of the Month section and vote is currently running. Even though there's not a KLX250 in the running this month, be sure and vote for your favorite! Participate! (If you want. )

Quick Reply: Do You Want This Forum To Be Run By The Rules?