Do you often drop your bike?

Search this Thread

Old 02-27-2007, 02:20 AM
Default RE: Do you often drop your bike?

yeah, isn't it funny how when u crash no matter how hard u hit { unless your knocked out } u always seem to get up fast just to make sure your bikes okay. im always worried bout the bike and dont even look at my injuries til about ten mins later wen ive inspected my bike, then u start feelin the pain of the crash ha.

Old 02-27-2007, 05:47 AM
1st Gear Member

ORIGINAL: EMS_0525

Hell yea.... have laid mine down manytimes... but after you replace the stock hand guards, nothing happens when you drop it... unless your going fast....
I don't drop mine much but does dropping your friends bike count??

If so, another great approch to saving the bike appears to be putting youself between the bike and the ground[:@] (Don't try this at home......)

Old 02-27-2007, 06:15 AM

I was about to make a list and then realised I had actually been forced to replace ALL of the plastics and levers on my bike. Even managed to break a rib, which tooksix weeks to heal
I'm a pretty crap rider and could NEVER afford to replace these parts on a sports bike.

I drop my bike almost every time I take it offroad - for me,learning new skills usually comes at a cost! Its funny how you only notice your injuries a few hours later...

Old 02-27-2007, 06:20 AM

ORIGINAL: kawiridr04

yeah, isn't it funny how when u crash no matter how hard u hit { unless your knocked out } u always seem to get up fast just to make sure your bikes okay. im always worried bout the bike and dont even look at my injuries til about ten mins later wen ive inspected my bike, then u start feelin the pain of the crash ha.
That is exactly what I did on my last street bike crash. (high-sided a 04 zx10r) but when I jumped up I couldn't walk but tried anyway. My ankle was broken in three places. I still had my buddy look at it to see if I could ride it home. Well, it was a total loss but I still asked. All I was worried about was my bike and how mad my wife was going to be.

Old 02-27-2007, 12:26 PM
Da dirty moderator
1st Gear Member

ORIGINAL: kawiridr04

Chris wasnt jumping up from that crash... he hit hard.... he needed some time to get air back in his lungs.... but you are right, When we were down in FL there was a guy on anolder KLR250, nice bike i rode it. He was saying he came from riding street bikes, and its strange how when a bike gets laid over that you want to pick it up as fast as possible... what does it matter the damage is already done... he was talking about when marty went down in that big mud puddle, and had a vertical line seperating his left dry side with his right wet side... The only time i try to pick mine up fast is if its still running...

Old 02-28-2007, 01:06 AM

Dropped it quite a few times. Twice in water, once more than 18 inches, I was underwater, the bike was partly under, but started right up after I righted it. Luckily it was 85 deg, so I dried off while riding. Nothing broken except the OE hand guards, now changed to good ones. Lots of scratches though!