Do you often drop your bike?

Search this Thread

Old 02-26-2007, 02:14 PM
Da dirty moderator
1st Gear Member
Default RE: Do you often drop your bike?

na, i think i ride pretty hard... i just have really good balance, and have been on mountain bikes forever, so all that kinda transfers over... what can i say im just good......lol...j/k

Old 02-26-2007, 07:24 PM
1st Gear Member

Every time i ride.My barkbuster's occasionally save me from trees but mostly save my hands from the ground, should be called dirtbusters.The most that happens is usually rear signals which i replace at least one after every trail ride weekend.

Old 02-26-2007, 07:28 PM
Da dirty moderator
1st Gear Member

haha...... that reminds me..... when we were down in FL.... chris was right in front of me and i watched his bike/ shoulder bounce ofa pine tree.... was kinda funny.... he wasnt hurt or anything..... then the crash after that was even more funny.... chris knows what im talking about,,,, that almost paralell log..... lol

Old 02-26-2007, 07:33 PM
1st Gear Member

Almost parallel logs I'm familiar with, front tire clears it rear tire skates along sideways?

Old 02-26-2007, 07:37 PM
Da dirty moderator
1st Gear Member

Half right.... no tires cleared it.... both just skidded along then the bike went down, and he slide like 6' on his head with is *** in the air....it was pretty funny to see from behind... he was laughing when he got up..... priceless

Old 02-26-2007, 07:43 PM
Administrator
1st Gear Member

sportbikes don't like being droppedyou guys are lucky in that way...

Old 02-26-2007, 07:59 PM
Da dirty moderator
1st Gear Member

Hell yea.... have laid mine down manytimes... but after you replace the stock hand guards, nothing happens when you drop it... unless your going fast....

Old 02-26-2007, 09:33 PM

ORIGINAL: EMS_0525

Half right.... no tires cleared it.... both just skidded along then the bike went down, and he slide like 6' on his head with is *** in the air....it was pretty funny to see from behind... he was laughing when he got up..... priceless
I'd like to dispute this story, but I can't. It pretty much happened exactly that way. To my credit (sort of), I knew that what I was trying was risky. I was running on fairly new Cheng Shin C858s and I want to see if they would roll up the edge of the small tree. They didn't. The fall was funny because I went down fast, but soft at the same time. The way the ground was sloped, I didn't feel any real impact. I was just down and sliding. As Eric so diplomatically pointed out, the contact point between my body and the ground was the left side of my helmet and left shoulder. Everything else was airborne in some orientation or another.

I wish I could say that all of my wrecks were that fun and that funny. I had a couple on the trip that I still feel.

Old 02-26-2007, 09:38 PM
Da dirty moderator
1st Gear Member

That one that tweaked your forks was a doosy!!! LOL... remember when you were trying to talk to me after the air got knocked out of your lungs... haha... i bet your laughing out loud right now...that was funny

Old 02-26-2007, 09:45 PM

Yeah, that's the one I was thinking about. Another victim of the dreaded ruts. I went down hard and fast from a cruising speed of somewhere in the 35-45mph range. That one really, really hurt. My back is still a little screwed up from it. I am hoping that it's just a matter of time.

Just to get sort of back on topic, and to address the original question - yes, I dump my bike fairly regularly. I like to think it's because I am pushing the limits and getting better, but it's probably more a combination of that and general suckitude. I always have fun, though.

Quick Reply: Do you often drop your bike?