Do you often drop your bike?

Search this Thread

Old 02-26-2007, 01:10 AM
1st Gear Member
Default Do you often drop your bike?

When you ride off road, do you often drop your bike? Most of the time, what happene ? Usually, what breaks?

Old 02-26-2007, 01:22 AM
1st Gear Member
Default RE: Do you often drop your bike?

I've had a couple slideouts in slippery stuff with the stock front tire (now replaced with a D606!). And a couple times in the rocks, and I mean 'front bouncin' one way, rear bouncin' the other way' rocks, I've gone over.

Nothin' has ever broke cept maybe my pride. I'm sure some of the other guys here with the REAL accidents will tell you this bike can handle a crash and take you home, broken parts and all!

Old 02-26-2007, 01:31 AM

I've only taken the bike real off roading once... and I have plenty of scrapes to prove it. It was very muddy and I dropped it going up a few hills. The shift lever moved a little, but not belt, otherwise wiht aftermarket hand guards, it's a pretty tough bike... just like a trail bike it designed to be.

I also had the bike fall offmy trailer while unloading. I have a small dent in the tank and a large dent on the trailer to show for it. Nothing else was damaged.

Old 02-26-2007, 02:24 AM
1st Gear Member

I dropped mine on road once, forgot to turn the fuel petcock back on. Came around a corner in a parking lot and it just died and locked the rear tire. Stock handguard bent and crushed my finger between the clutch lever and the ground. Only damage was a black and blue fingernail and scuffed guard.

Old 02-26-2007, 05:12 AM

Wow, I drop mine almost every time I go off road. If your not wrecking your not learning! So far I have only scratched up my graphics on theside panels and havebroken the white radiator fins on one side (from a stick). I just keep replacing stuff to keep my bike looking new. It will take some nasty falls without hurting anything. It's tough!

Old 02-26-2007, 07:06 AM
1st Gear Member

So far I have broken a mirror, stock brushguard and scratched the plastics. Oh and bent the gearlever and broke 1 bolt outta my BarkBusters. Thats about it

Old 02-26-2007, 07:27 AM
1st Gear Member

welp, so far ive had a 35-40mph laydown/slide in a wet field which destroyed the stock handlebars, crushed the chain guide and spun the shifter to the 12 o'clock position. Various drops due to stopping in bad areas and not being able to touch the ground due to depressions in the ground leading to me basically layin the bike on its side... (graphics are scratched nicely). also dropped on a rocky trail crushing a rear turn signal and mashing the throttle tube. Both mounting tabs for the rear turn signals that are bubble gum welded from the factory have been rewelded properly after breaking off from the stress of being bent then straightened numerous times...... all in all nothing to serious tho i dont recommend breaking the turn signals often as they cost 50 clams a pop.

Old 02-26-2007, 07:29 AM
1st Gear Member

ORIGINAL: Ziguy

When you ride off road, do you often drop your bike? Most of the time, what happene ? Usually, what breaks?

What happene? Don't usually dump the bike, but handguards help when it does happen. Replacement bars are a good mod.

Old 02-26-2007, 01:50 PM
Da dirty moderator
1st Gear Member

I dont usually dump mine,, i have very few times... I did a week or so ago, i was out on the street when it was all snowy, like an inch.... and the back end kicked out faster than i expected... than god foraftermarket handguards.

Old 02-26-2007, 02:05 PM
1st Gear Member

ORIGINAL: EMS_0525

I dont usually dump mine,, i have very few times... I did a week or so ago, i was out on the street when it was all snowy, like an inch.... and the back end kicked out faster than i expected... than god foraftermarket handguards.
yer not ridin hard enuff!!!! [8D]

Quick Reply: Do you often drop your bike?