Did you know this about your bike?

Search this Thread

Old 07-31-2009, 09:05 PM
1st Gear Member

" on my bike. I was so drunk " Not smart.
A couple beers might be ok, but "so drunk". WTF were you thnking? Did you think you would come on here and relate that story and nobody would question your thinking? Not very smart, again.
If you did it, and your going to write about it, at least be smart enough to start your story with "I screwed up last night" "I'm lucky I didn't kill myself, or somebody else"

Last edited by dan888; 07-31-2009 at 10:26 PM.
Old 07-31-2009, 10:32 PM
1st Gear Member

I'm gonna take a stab at this and say that a lot of us are middle aged, and have enuf life experience to know what's just havin a good time, and plain stupid.

Almost every form of motorcycling involves pushing some limits... our own limits, the bikes, laws of physics, whatever. Adding any sort of drug into the mix messes with your decision making ability, ensuring that you are going to find those limits even faster! Let's face it, if you're in a crowd of guys drinking and get on a bike, you are going to want to make sure everyone know you're a stud, right?

I promised myself the day I took my first drink that I would never ride later the same day after taking a drink. When I tell this to my buddies, I've never had anything but knowing, nodding looks.

I'm happy to see everyone else here having no tolerance for this sort of behaviour... it's not that want you to suffer pain from our comments, it's quite the opposite... we want you to ride, and keep riding. Drinking is probably the quickest and surest way to keep that from happening.

Old 07-31-2009, 10:58 PM
1st Gear Member

Guys, lighten up on him. If he wanted to listen to his mom, he would have told her the story. I got an OUI 3 years ago (not on a bike), it's one of the lessons you have to learn yourself. ****, I learned them all the hard way. No matter what you try to instill in someone, it doesn't sink in until that individual experiences it. After that, I'm scared ****less of cops and avoid even a speeding ticket (they kicked the snot out of me). I enjoyed the story, take it at face value, and save your morals for church.

Old 07-31-2009, 11:11 PM
1st Gear Member

Originally Posted by skubidoobie
Guys, lighten up on him. If he wanted to listen to his mom, he would have told her the story. I got an OUI 3 years ago (not on a bike), it's one of the lessons you have to learn yourself. ****, I learned them all the hard way. No matter what you try to instill in someone, it doesn't sink in until that individual experiences it. After that, I'm scared ****less of cops and avoid even a speeding ticket (they kicked the snot out of me). I enjoyed the story, take it at face value, and save your morals for church.
right, exactly, no one should try to help, correct, or teach anyone. We should all just be let to do what we want. F#ck everyone.

Roger that, gotcha

Old 07-31-2009, 11:14 PM
1st Gear Member

A good friend an riding partner of mine was driving home one afternoon after only a few drinks. He had somthing large in the back seat of his car (table or something) and it shifted forward and hit him. When he tried to adjust it, he crossed the center line and hit an oncoming motorcyle. Ufortunalty the old man on bike did not survive his injuries. After the accident my friend blew a .082, barley above the limit. However this was his second DUI.
My point on this is that my friend made a stupid small mistake that had huge consequenses. He is now serving 23 months in Prison for Vehicular Homicide, which is nothing compared to the loss of life that was on his hands.
I hope you can learn from others, instead of the hard way.

Old 07-31-2009, 11:56 PM
1st Gear Member

Originally Posted by skubidoobie
Lighten up????? This guy's gonna kill somebody, and you say lighten up.

Old 08-01-2009, 12:14 AM
1st Gear Member

I'm going to go out on a limb here (mostly because I love it when they break) and guess that someone with a union job (Has some kind of skill) cannot be that stupid and bragg about it; I think sturring the pot and sitting back to watch the flames is more likely

Old 08-01-2009, 12:32 AM
1st Gear Member
1st Gear Member

[QUOTE=Beardoge;387623

As for the drinking eh everybody does it what's the big deal[/QUOTE]

Lemmings control their population by jumping off cliffs. One does it then others follow. What's the big deal?

Old 08-01-2009, 01:41 AM
1st Gear Member
Wink

Originally Posted by JasonFMX
right, exactly, no one should try to help, correct, or teach anyone. We should all just be let to do what we want. F#ck everyone.

Roger that, gotcha
Spoken like a Marine, nice to see you've still got it in your blood!!

Old 08-01-2009, 02:38 AM
1st Gear Member

There's a difference in helping someone and telling a dude he's an *******. Some people here can't tell the difference. Save your "Internet Jesus" for the gospel chat. Those of you that are constructive about your criticism, we appreciate it.

Quick Reply: Did you know this about your bike?