Did you know this about your bike?

Search this Thread

Old 07-31-2009, 06:55 PM
Thumbs down Just Plain Stupid

Originally Posted by Beardoge
So I was leaving horseshoes last night on my bike. I was so drunk I thought I was stuck so apparently I was holding it wide open in neutral for about 30 seconds before somebody put it in gear for me. They said it was running real bad and missing so I check for damages this morning hoping it wasn't running 11 grand that whole time and lo and behold when you hold it wide open it runs up to the rev limiter and then falls back to about 5 grand then stays there. LOL who'd thunk.
Over the years I've had to locate and pickup body parts from people who thought they could drink and ride a bike. Not a pretty sight and not a favorite call to go to. If you insist on this self destructive behaviour, do it out in the middle of nowhere please. That way the vultures and other sundry meat eaters will clean the mess up and leave nice clean bones to pickup.
What the hell are you thinking?

Disgusted in Ontario

Old 07-31-2009, 06:56 PM
1st Gear Member

ever heard of DWI, or a Funeral...... :/

Old 07-31-2009, 07:34 PM
1st Gear Member

Take Good advice Not even 1 drink before you Drive. I am A recovering alcoholic that has been completely sober for over 11 years. I drove a motorcycle while I was So fu@@in drunk! and guess what. I hit the back end of a 1 ton Pick-up at 80mph. Can you say FUBAR cause thats what I was I spent 3 1/2 months in intensive care and another year and a half in rehab. as well I went to jail for 3months and was on probation for 5 years Had no licence for 3years, and then paid a fourtune for insurance for the next 10 friggin years.... So thats what drinking and driving ultimately does to you !!! Sound Fun!!!! Best advice don't drink smoke weed it is much safer than alcohol and yes this is a proven fact!! and do not smoke and ride!!

Ken

Last edited by SavageKen; 07-31-2009 at 07:37 PM.
Old 07-31-2009, 07:41 PM
1st Gear Member

Wow guys not really trying to start a morals preach sesion, just letting you know how I found out that these bikes have a fail safe limiter in them. I thought just cars had them try it in your own vehicle leave it in park and floor it.

I wonder how the bike knows it's not under load and limits it to 5 grand must be the throttle position sensor, huh don't know.

As for the drinking eh everybody does it what's the big deal, I've been hurt alot more and alot worse stone sober than I have ever been by drinking. I drive better and much more carefully when I drive with a few beers in me than without.

Absolutely completely wreckless driving sober, hauling *** where ever I go. It's a game. And snowmobiling whew I won't even go there!

Old 07-31-2009, 07:48 PM
1st Gear Member

Savage,
Glad to hear you learned you lesson, sux you had to do it the hard way.
I'll admit to not being perfect. I have ridden with two beers in my system (bud light) and I usually get cocky and do stupid things like wheelies through town ta corner faster than I would if i were sober. But I learned my lesson real quick when I had 3 beers and tried to do a stoppie on my yzf600r. It was the only time i have ever gotten it to 12 0'clock, I was so sure that I was going to flip my brand new bike over the front i damn neer peed myself. I got lucky and didn't hurt my self, but realized that much worse things can happen if I didn't shape up.

Bear, I hope you are learning from this and not mad that people are giving you ****. If you didn't want to hear it, than why brag about it.

Old 07-31-2009, 07:49 PM
Your Humble Moderator/Admin
1st Gear Member

Wow guys not really trying to start a morals preach sesion, just letting you know how I found out that these bikes have a fail safe limiter in them. I thought just cars had them try it in your own vehicle leave it in park and floor it.

I wonder how the bike knows it's not under load and limits it to 5 grand must be the throttle position sensor, huh don't know.

As for the drinking eh everybody does it what's the big deal, I've been hurt alot more and alot worse stone sober than I have ever been by drinking. I drive better and much more carefully when I drive with a few beers in me than without.

Absolutely completely wreckless driving sober, hauling *** where ever I go. It's a game. And snowmobiling whew I won't even go there!
Well my response to this is don't take it personal, our well meaning comments are an attempt to show that we care not only for you but the people who's lives that you could affect forever. Yes things happen sober or drunk, but why add to the already unforeseen circumstances that we are all faced with everyday.

As far as your comment about everybody does it, you could be no farther from the truth. That's a lazy response to ease your conscience. Please don't lump us all in the same category unless it only to list us all as loving to ride bikes, because frankly that is the only common denominator that we all share on this site.

Old 07-31-2009, 07:49 PM
Your Humble Moderator/Admin
1st Gear Member

P.S. most bikes have rev limiters, especially race bikes.

Old 07-31-2009, 07:54 PM
1st Gear Member

If that was your true intent you could of informed us of this without your idiotic behavior. I think, like most immature frat boy drunks, you think its cool and wanted to sound cool to us. Either that or you think nothing of your behavior and spout it off like its changing your underwear. I'm not sure which scenario is more dangerous.

Take our unanimous response of disgust of how stupid you sound. I pray you never learn truly how silly you sound because if you do you'll probably end up swinging at the end of your home made prison rope you fashioned out of shredding your own boxer shorts in your prison cell....in which you have because you were drinking and drivng.

Old 07-31-2009, 07:54 PM
1st Gear Member

Uhh...OK...

Sounds like you were really in control when you discovered this feature of the KLX...

The only sport i do drinking is Golf, and that's because i stink anyway, Besides, "everyone else is doing it"

Old 07-31-2009, 08:36 PM

Obviously, you've bounced your head off of the pavement already, either that or you were just born stupid. As DEEJ said, "Please don't lump us all in the same category unless it only to list us all as loving to ride bikes". Unfortunately, odds are that you will be one of the dumbass selfish ****heads that crashes while pissed and kills some innocent person on the road. Still don't think it's a big deal? Where the hell is Darwin when we need him?

Quick Reply: Did you know this about your bike?