Did some work to the WR

Search this Thread

Old 07-08-2007, 01:16 AM
1st Gear Member
Default Did some work to the WR

I know it's not green but I thought I'd share some progress I made to my WR. It was licensed for the street even thou it didn't really meet the legal requirements so I haven't been in a real hurry to do the work.If you know the WR you know it doesn't have or require a key. I know it won't stop someone from stealing the bike if they really want it, but at least it keeps someone from just walking up to it, hit the start buttonand ride away. So I added a keyed ignition that I picked up from a local guy for $40 that included 2 keys. I installed it using the supplied mount, mounting it on the side of the bike using the mount for the headlight plastic.

I also installed a horn, mounted using an existing location for the bracket that holds the headlight mount. There's just a few wires back there lol.

Side shot

And with the headlight back on you can hardly even see it...

And controlling the new additions is a K&S switch, stock in this location was a only a kill switch. The new switch replaces the factory kill switch, adds a horn button, signal selector, high low beam, led high beam indicator light, and I can now turn my lights off, tail light only, or lights on. I had to get some longer bolts and make some spacers so my hot start lever would clear the switch, I think it turned out well. I also had to add a new 3 wire pigtail so I would have high and low beam. Stock the WR only has a 2 wire H4 pigtail and runs on high beam at all timebut it does have a dual filamint bulb.

I also added a Track Master 2 rear tire, but the 450 is just eating it up like nothing lol. The only thing I have left to do is wire up my signal lights. Thats all for now.

Old 07-08-2007, 01:24 AM
Admin
1st Gear Member
Default RE: Did some work to the WR

Lookin' sharp, Mark. How about a pic of the whole bike for an overall view? If they were street legal out of the box here in the US I might have been on one of those instead of the KTM.

Old 07-08-2007, 01:43 AM
Banned
1st Gear Member

FORGOT TO GET THE BADGE NUMBER

Old 07-08-2007, 01:46 AM
Banned
1st Gear Member

CLOSER CSI PIC PLEASE.

Old 07-08-2007, 02:17 AM
Your Humble Moderator/Admin
1st Gear Member

Awesome Mark, and you know you can always post here, you know that we are still your family.

Old 07-08-2007, 02:49 AM
Banned
1st Gear Member

oops I overstepped.

Old 07-08-2007, 02:59 AM
Banned
1st Gear Member

Americans touchy

Old 07-08-2007, 04:11 AM
Your Humble Moderator/Admin
1st Gear Member

ORIGINAL: niven

Americans touchy
Hey Niven, I don't understand your posts. Where are you from, and what are you trying to say?

Old 07-08-2007, 04:50 AM
Banned
1st Gear Member

please ignore all posts from Niven its stampede time everything I say and do can be used in a court of law,

Old 07-08-2007, 04:54 AM
Banned
1st Gear Member

in other words I should keep the trap shut for a good 24hrs.

Quick Reply: Did some work to the WR