Did I go with the wrong bike?

Search this Thread

Old 08-31-2007, 01:49 AM
1st Gear Member
Default RE: Did I go with the wrong bike?

Trust me i've done it 3 times and right about 50 the stang catches up. Not sure if they were all GT's but at least one was. Now the way I drive a stick shift car a Klx may never pull away but I never lift off the throttle. Trust me these KLX's are truely fast little sleepers. Remember, they redline at 10,500. You don't need more than 2nd gear to hit 50. As far as climbing hills, again the high rev engine is key. Are you in a low enough gear? I've blasted up some pretty steep inclines with minimal headstart and no problems whatsoever. I'm more worried about flipping over. Again, The clutch plays a big part in most situations. Shift quick and keep the revs up and this bike is real ballsy, even stock.

Old 08-31-2007, 01:52 AM
1st Gear Member

ORIGINAL: klx250s_rider

Oh give IG a break already.
Why?

Old 08-31-2007, 01:57 AM
Your Humble Moderator/Admin
1st Gear Member

ORIGINAL: klx250s_rider

Oh give IG a break already.
You may have edited this post but the Blackberry doesn't lie. I didn't mean all women change thier minds every minute, because that would be profiling and we all know profiling is wrong.[8D]

Old 08-31-2007, 02:04 AM
1st Gear Member

[sm=icon_rofl.gif][sm=icon_rofl.gif]

Old 08-31-2007, 02:38 AM
1st Gear Member

Don't tell me tell KawiKathy-I did!

Old 08-31-2007, 12:09 PM
1st Gear Member

ORIGINAL: Iowaguy

ORIGINAL: KLXer

You were singing off a different sheet of music when you did not own a DRZ:

Iowaguy Quotes

"senior member my ****. kid, do yourself a favor and go play around with your rc car or something. and the drz is a heavy dinosaur that's all out of whack. it's hard to consider it a dirt bike "

https://www.kawasakiforums.com/m_54780/tm.htm

" I rode my uncle's friends DRZ-400 last summer. I am an ex- mxer and rode this 400. I can't tell you how disappointed I was. The bike WOULDN'T EVEN WHEELIE! I weigh in at 155 lbs, 5'7" and I was clutching the crap out of it. I GUARANTEE that my KLX would stomp it in any race but a full on top end rush or drag race, but it may keep up with it with mods on top end as I had my KLX at 95 mph this weekend on the way home- I do not recommend it though. The 400 obviously has more torque but the thing is a boat anchor and it's susp. parts date back to the '80's. The 400 is not a better bike, let alone head and shoulders a better bike. the KLX is so far ahead of the 400 in styling, technology, and versatility it's not really worth mentioning the two together. The KLX is so agile while the 400 is a hog and can't get out of it's own way. I'll admit the KLX is a pooch in stock form, but with a pipe and the free mods along with a couple jets the thing flat out rocks."

https://www.kawasakiforums.com/m_548..._2/key_/tm.htm

"what i meant was with my modded KLX, it will keep up with a stock 400 i guarantee it. i've ridden both and my KLX rips right now. the article you mention, i didn't even read it cuz i could care, but if some dude says that the old hat DRZ 400 with conventional shocks and 300 lb weight is better than the new Huskys he's smoking crack. now that's laughable. take a look at the new husky dual purpose bikes, they are state of the art. had i done more shopping i may have one of them in my garage instead of the KLX. "

"the drz is a dinosaur that's overweight and lazy. i rode one two years ago and i could not get it to loft the front end. or you could wait for the forthcoming KLX 450, and get it licensed. then your friends won't be able to keep up with you. "

https://www.kawasakiforums.com/m_107692/tm.htm

I could go on.

Still having his baby?

dude, put down your mouse and search function, along with your Iowaguy obsessiveness and step away from your computer.
ok, i'll bite. those are my exact words just so everyone knows. i did write those things about a DRZ I rode in 2005 or 2006, can't remember exactly when it was. I obviously had made mistakes about the DRZ and it's componentry when I typed these opinions. I now know better that the stock non usd forks on the DRZ's are extremely good forks.this particularbike wouldn't wheelie, do not know why it wouldn't. but I can tell you that this was the first dirt bike I had ridden in a span of like 13 years and the first 4-stroke high performance bike I had ever ridden. no these are not excuses, maybe not even factors because I know how to ride. but I was being relatively cautious on the thing and had ridden 2-strokes all my life up to this point.. obviously my DRZ is a different story as it will kill any KLX as I stated before in power output, torque output, and really, technology as well. this bike has an atv engine in it for pete's sake. it has tons of torque and anyone that says it's heavy is mistaken. it weighs the same as your KLX does. alot of people don't understand why i would buy such a self proclaimed awesome bike just sell it and buy another KLX. I like the KLX for a lot of reasons. I like how it looks, how it is a street legal dirt bike. I like the smaller size and shorter wheelbase. I hate it's power, but I think I can build another one even better than my '06. I like that it will be $2000 cheaper and have dirt wheels/tires already.

dude, you gotta get a life. i am resilient and you cannot take me down. stop obsessing over the search function and Iowaguy and start spending some time with your wife, kids, grandkids, mom, dad.
What he really means to say is, "Quit holding me accountable for the statements that I have made! I'm Iowaguy and I make; no mistakes, no apologies, and no friends!!

[sm=hail.gif]

Old 08-31-2007, 12:17 PM
1st Gear Member

ORIGINAL: Iowaguy

ORIGINAL: TypeSH

Iowafag, if you want to compare non-street legal bikes you might as well be comparing the DRZ400E to the KLX450R where the DRZ will get smoked in power and in weight. The fair comparison would be the DRZ400S to the KLX250S since they are both dual sports. That DRZ400S has emissions crap and is tuned down (less compression) like the KLX250S. The DRZ400S also weighs 29 more pounds, has only 5 gears, and has an inferior suspension than the KLX250S while costing $800 more. I went with the KLX and will spend the extra $800 on mods thank you....
you seem to be forgetting the one clincher- 35 DRZ rear wheel horsepower compared to 16-18 KLX rear wheel horsepower. trust me, I've ridden and owned both. there is no substitute for power and torque. and even though the DRZ has conventional non usd forks, they are perhaps nearly as good as the best inverted forked enduro, and head and shoulders better than the puny 1989 circa usd forks still on the KLX. also, the DRZSM comes with RM inverted huge diametered showas. any questions?

deej- great job there sheriff on your moderator job. i mean, that post of mine you deleted a few weeks back was so much more awful than this guy calling me a ***. i mean, i deserve to be called an iowafag don't you think?
You are combing models again to get the specs you want.The dyno graph I've seen (Dynojet)the DRZ400Speaks stock at 32whp. Please find a single part number off the KLX250S front shock that matches a model in 1989 before pulling that craziness out of your ***.Again you referred to another model with mentioning the SM model shocks when thatwasn't the comparison. You know the no 6th gear issue is huge but didn't bring it up. You also didn't even bother mentioning comparing the DRZ400E against the KLX450R as you know the KLX slaughters it.
The facts are the KLX250S is always going to be lighter and handle betterthan the DRZ400S given equal mods.You can write a hundred long-winded messages trying to prove your point by bringing in other DRZ models butyou can'tget around those simple facts.

Quick Reply: Did I go with the wrong bike?