Delware water gap area riders.

Search this Thread

Old 05-05-2007, 04:35 AM
1st Gear Member
Default Delware water gap area riders.

I would like to try and get some guys together for a ride two weekends from now(5/19 or 5/20) depending on weather. I found some trails south of the water gap, they go into NJ and mostly follow an old railroad bed. I followed them in 13 mi. one way before I turned around and headed back, so we are guarrenteed at least a 26 mi. off road round trip. The trails did keep going before I turned around so they may go for quite a while. Any one interested make a post and we will come up with a meeting place and what day/time is good for everyone. It should be a fairly relaxed ride with not to much diffuclt terrain.

Old 05-05-2007, 05:41 AM
Default RE: Delware water gap area riders.

I'm up for it. Pick a place and a time and the old fart will be there!!

Old 05-05-2007, 05:53 AM
1st Gear Member

that makes two, anyone else? Just how old are you tumbleweed?

Old 05-05-2007, 05:55 AM

Just 29, born 51 years ago!!

Old 05-05-2007, 07:30 AM
1st Gear Member

Hey guys, Sounds good , I'm sick of riding on the road. Either day will work, but sunday would probably work better, since I often work on saturday. Jeremy

Old 05-05-2007, 12:09 PM
Da dirty moderator
1st Gear Member

you guys do know that we are planning a ride in new jersey pine barrons on the next weekend, 5/25-5/28? why dont you guys just come to that, there will be alot of guys there its gonna be a great time

Old 05-05-2007, 04:43 PM
1st Gear Member

ORIGINAL: 2k1w=no$

I would like to try and get some guys together for a ride two weekends from now(5/19 or 5/20) depending on weather. I found some trails south of the water gap, they go into NJ and mostly follow an old railroad bed. I followed them in 13 mi. one way before I turned around and headed back, so we are guarrenteed at least a 26 mi. off road round trip. The trails did keep going before I turned around so they may go for quite a while. Any one interested make a post and we will come up with a meeting place and what day/time is good for everyone. It should be a fairly relaxed ride with not to much diffuclt terrain.
I am in and will bring a buddy or two.
It will be a warm up for "The Great MemorialNortheast Ride" [sm=americanasmiley.gif]

Old 05-06-2007, 03:32 AM
1st Gear Member

Sounds great guys. The meeting place will be on rt.611 south of delaware water gap heading towards Portland. There are some scenic over look parking spots on the road,coming from the north(heading south on 611) we can meet at the third one there is a sign for it that says arrow island over look. There is also paved parking on both sides of the road. If anyone is coming from south of Portland I could also meet you some where on the way and then ride together to the meeting place. We can watch the weather for what day seems better but I was thinking like something in the morning maybe around 9ish. I also did some reasearch if the trails are fully open it should be about 30 miles or so one way.

Old 05-06-2007, 04:18 AM
1st Gear Member

I,ll be there and I will talk to a few friends also to see if their interested. Whatever day works for ever.ybody else is fine by me. Early am is good also. I would love to do the pine baron ride, but I HAVE to go to the shore. Wifes orders. I've begged and pleaded and tried to bargain but to no avail

Old 05-07-2007, 12:40 AM
1st Gear Member

Cool I will see you then, I will try to keep this towards the top of the board in case anyone else wants to join. If any one is truck/trailering you will be able to park at the meeting place, but it will be about a 1-11/2 mile down main roads if anyone comes that doesn't have a plate.

Quick Reply: Delware water gap area riders.