DEEJ DID A MOD!!!!!!!!!!!!

Search this Thread

Old 07-04-2008, 05:09 AM
Your Humble Moderator/Admin
1st Gear Member
Default RE: DEEJ DID A MOD!!!!!!!!!!!!

ORIGINAL: klx250s_rider

Damn Deej, either go on the NutriSystem diet or just get a KLR650 already!

Nutri-System? SCREW THAT!!! My first wife was on that and it cost me $1000 and she gained 20 lbs. No thanks, I'll go back on the Atkins diet and lose weight, feel great have somuch energy that its not even funny. Ok that's it, I am going to do it. I'm going to weigh myself right now, and I will post a weekly weight. And I swear I won't pad the results. Who's with me? 4 years ago I lost 35 lbs and felt like a million bucks, the only problem is I started eating chips and pasta again, and all was lost. But you know what Mark you have given me the incentive to Git-R-Done[8D] Thanks bro. Oh and if I lose at least 50 lbs you have to send me a prime rattle from one of those sidewinders...deal?

Old 07-04-2008, 05:13 AM
1st Gear Member

Crap!!!!! I just weighed myself, and its not good. 295, what the crap? Ok its on! my goal is to get to 199 So bring it!

Old 07-04-2008, 05:15 AM
1st Gear Member

My hero.

Old 07-04-2008, 05:21 AM
1st Gear Member

I was just thinking about you today Mark, where the freak have you been? And where is Kathy? Not that the two questions are unrelated.[8D][8D][8D]

Old 07-04-2008, 05:55 AM
1st Gear Member

Deej You are quite the tinsmith. I am impressed. The real question here is how on earth can you put that many mile on you bike without having a sore butt from hell!! I road to Mt. Rainer and back from Puyallup and it tore me up. I was sore for days. I feel you on the springs I have to step up and get front springs also.

Old 07-04-2008, 06:35 AM
1st Gear Member

ORIGINAL: klx250s_rider

Damn Deej, either go on the NutriSystem diet or just get a KLR650 already!

[sm=funnypostabove.gif]That picture cracked me up

Old 07-04-2008, 12:29 PM
1st Gear Member

One answer for that...RenAAHzco! (Renazco). Best $300.00 bucks I ever spent on this bike. The butt is no longer a worry.

Bicycle shorts and GoldSeal powderwill help foran impromtu,low bucks solution though.

ORIGINAL: Tinman

The real question here is how on earth can you put that many mile on you bike without having a sore butt from hell!! I road to Mt. Rainer and back from Puyallup and it tore me up. I was sore for days.

Old 07-05-2008, 01:13 AM
1st Gear Member

You know Deej,instead of dumping water to match fuel usage,run a long piece of clear tubing and use the water tank like a hydro pack when your thirsty

Old 07-07-2008, 02:24 AM
1st Gear Member

While I certainly am impressed with your fabrication skills, I have several concerns about the safety of the side mount tanks. Carrying spare gas in a plastic jug on a long ride is asking for trouble. Those jugs do not seal very well, and I think you will be smelling gas all ride long. Fumes will be all around you, thats never good. Also plastic can get gashed pretty easy from a flying rock, or branch or something, I know weight is a factor, but metal will offer more protection. Also if for some odd reason the bike goes over, whats protecting the jug? Is there something thats going to hold it securely in place? Also, is the single cantalever mount going to be able to withstand the load? I think you need at least 2 points to properly distribute the load. These little thumpers vibrate a lot, the harmonics will appear everywhere. A day in the rough will really stress 1 mounting point, aim for 2, maybe even 3 if possible.
We carry gas with us on the snowmobiles in VT a lot. I tried a 5 gal jug on the back of my Grand touring sled, fits right in between the bumper and seat. It stunk badly the whole ride, plus it never stopped seeping gas out of it. We tightened the cap until it wouldnt turn anymore, it still seeped out. I got to thinking I was taking a bomb with me, it made me nervous. I found a steel can to use, and it still left me with a smell in the air. Everywhere we went people commented on the smell. Finally used an old Military style Jerry can. It didnt leak a drop, or smell at all. And I felt better knowing it was steel, and would with stand a minor assualt. In fact I got bumped rather good by a buddy, and the Jerry can was fine.
I know your only gonna use it on your long ride, but .....
Think Safety !! Secure them in several points on the frame somehow. Try to protect more of the jug with aluminium if possible, and
I would also drill several good size holes in the bottom, if it rains or gets dirt in there, the seams at the edge will not allow good drainage.

I hope your ride report tells us how it goes, looks like a GREAT place to go ride.

DR

[sm=icon_cheers.gif]

Old 07-07-2008, 04:43 AM
1st Gear Member

Thanks for the concern, but a couple of things. I had already planned for another point of connection, and I gave it a try last week and it rides perfect. Second, the gas cans I have came with a rubber flat soft washer that keeps gas from coming out no matter how hard I shook it. third I only plan on carrying gas on the left and water on the right, and if I feel the pressure might get too high I can twist the cap and let the air release, already tried and its a piece of cake. Fourth at 60 mph it was no difference between with or without the tanks on. Also the seams will allow any water to drain, already tried it, plus I don't really plan to ride in the rain, but who does right?[8D] But thanks, and I will certainly post a ride report, and I'm sure it will surpass even my 50+ picture post from last year. So if there are any 56k users left out there beware.

Quick Reply: DEEJ DID A MOD!!!!!!!!!!!!