David Bailey interview- heartwrenching. You should watch this.

Search this Thread

Old 02-13-2007, 05:37 PM
Da dirty moderator
1st Gear Member
Default RE: David Bailey interview- heartwrenching. You should watch this.

Its idiotic to say that the only people i ever see wear half helmets are guys on harleys? I have NEVER seen anyone wear that kind of helmet on any other kind of bike.... I work with a guy that rides a harley, has a half helmet....

What kind of helmet do you wear when you ride your harley iowaguy?

Old 02-13-2007, 05:56 PM
Da dirty moderator
1st Gear Member

[*]Non-Harley riders were nearly 3.5 times more likely to report "always" wearing their helmet than Harley-Davidson riders (77.6% compared with 22.4%)

http://www.dps.state.mn.us/mmsc/late...86&scat=64

i am a police officer for a detroit suburb and also a motorcycle enthusiast. i have been riding now for 12yrs. i have seen my share of motorcycle accidents and i am convinced that a helmet is only good for accidents under 35 mph. i feel (and talking from my experiences) that a helmet will not protect you in high speed accidents. take a look at the most common type of helmets that harley riders wear. it is a half helmet, barely covering the top of the head. yet it is still LEGAL !! i feel that the helmet law should be revised.

http://www.businessweek.com/autos/au...an_on_its.html

Look how many helmets harley davidson makes that are half helmets....
http://www.harley-davidson.com/brows...bmLocale=en_US

Its not just me that thinks like this bud.....

Old 02-13-2007, 05:59 PM
Your Humble Moderator/Admin
1st Gear Member

I had a bike here in Washington when there wasn't a helmet law, and wore one, I never ride without one whether on the blacktop, gravel, or the trails. And trust me on this one, if they ever abolished the helmet law I would still wear one. Everyone has a mom, dad, wife, significant other or someone who cares about them, and even if you don't self respect still has a place somewhere in today's society, it may be hard to find, but I think deep down its there in most people.

Old 02-13-2007, 06:40 PM
1st Gear Member

Im guilty for not always wearing my helmet in my yard.I have almost 60 acres to play on not all mine,but I can play on it like it was .I would never ride on the street with out a helmet.

Old 02-14-2007, 05:48 AM
1st Gear Member

Iowa give it up, "Harley Riders" are now mostly yuppies that don't know how to ride and wear no gear. The old school real riders are outnumbered by the nonmember newbs and the majority give the whole group a lamerep......don't even try to dish a motorcycle cop.Just lighten up and realize harley riders as a groupare no longer what they used to be....... but the outlaw guy I know rides one and he hates posers on a HD a lot more than a Jap enduro rider and has actually ridden my sand scooter in my soft S Fl sand...Hint.

Old 02-14-2007, 06:21 AM
1st Gear Member

ORIGINAL: EMS_0525
i am a police officer for a detroit suburb and also a motorcycle enthusiast. i have been riding now for 12yrs. i have seen my share of motorcycle accidents and i am convinced that a helmet is only good for accidents under 35 mph. i feel (and talking from my experiences) that a helmet will not protect you in high speed accidents.
Quick, someone get on the phone to Hayden & Rossi...

Old 02-14-2007, 06:23 AM
1st Gear Member

CWGOFF & Mustang...Could have not said it better myself!

[sm=exactly.gif][sm=goodidea.gif][sm=icon_ladiesman.gif]

Old 02-14-2007, 06:31 AM
1st Gear Member

I think I'd have to agree with Mustang and Finger Mullet on this one... The guys that ride dirt know what a fall feels like, and the old guard knows what near misses (and crashes ) feel like, and both are wiser because of it.

I feel bad for the newbees who are clueless and go for 'the look' vs the need.

Glad to hear you wear a solid helmet Iowa, I'm thinking that experience and training somewhere along the way paid off on your 'fence post' day.... As it should be.....

Waaaaaaaaaaaaatttttttttttssssssssssssssssuuuuuuuuu uupppppppppppppppppppp

Quick Reply: David Bailey interview- heartwrenching. You should watch this.